Quantcast

THURSDURP GMFT EEEEEEEEEEEE

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tweaked my right lower leg something decent, hyperflexing it at the ankle when jamming the bike into an uphill rock yesterday. I’m walking gingerly on it today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Company Audit at noon with the Bus company. I got all the paperwork needed done in about 20 minutes. It helps that I know this stuff cold and I already had much of it archived. A couple of quick updates and wordsmithing and I was done. Coffee then out the door.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Plane to OC today. Wifey has a girl's trip to Palm Springs this weekend. Ran the numbers and with points and our companion pass, it is actually less expensive to fly to OC and stay with my folks than it is to get a baby sitter (more nanny) all weekend so that I can study. Even with the burn time for travel because I can hit my flash cards, I'm still ahead.

Thanks @stevew. I am switching to Hagerty's for the M. Saving me $30/m, which covers a chunk of my annual repairs/maintenance and gets me agreed upon value. We're still sorting out that number, but probably 60% more than I would expect from State Farm in the case of a total.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Turdsderp.

Went through a rock garden a little too slow last night and came to the most awkward stop on a big boulder. Seat got rammed so hard into my hip that it twisted the post 90 degrees.

Friggin' awesome ride last night though. Small group instead of the 10-15 person train and on different trails. Riding the same spot week after week after week gets old...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
camping & fishing at red feather lakes this weekend. wish i was there already.

getting some action on a resume I have out. hopefully I will be doing motion graphics in an agency setting again soon.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This phrase:

Makes me think this phrase is less important.
I've done a handful of runs up to 14 miles, and will cram in a couple of longer ones in the next two weeks. Some marathon plans (e.g. Hansons) max out at 16 mile runs, so I'm not worried. The 70.3 is more important. 4000' of climbing on the bike, and 1000' on the run. Should be fun! :) (Rev3 Quassy)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New kill list item level achieved; having to work on a computer in the plant next to a laser welding machines. My god, the fuckin' heat out there.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I started my vacation by getting up at fy vay em and slogging out a 13 mile run, because I'm an idiot. Have also attempted to make a shed run twice now and been thwarted both times by forces beyond my control. Perhaps it's a sign. *Le sigh*

Went through a rock garden a little too slow last night and came to the most awkward stop on a big boulder. Seat got rammed so hard into my hip that it twisted the post 90 degrees.
Good thing it was your hip.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Some folks can't grasp the concept of Agile development. One thing done in Agile is a quick "stand up meeting". Usually 4-8 people giving a brief "what I did yesterday, doing today, anything blocking me..." You do it standing to encourage speed.

Not here. Our "standup meeting" is via WebEx with 33 people in the room. Typically less than 15 minutes, ours averages an hour+. I may eat a bullet for lunch at this point.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Morning Monkeys.

Some folks can't grasp the concept of Agile development. One thing done in Agile is a quick "stand up meeting". Usually 4-8 people giving a brief "what I did yesterday, doing today, anything blocking me..." You do it standing to encourage speed.

Not here. Our "standup meeting" is via WebEx with 33 people in the room. Typically less than 15 minutes, ours averages an hour+. I may eat a bullet for lunch at this point.
hohohohohohohohohohohohohoh
people not understanding point of agile / scrum meetings
hohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoh

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
camping & fishing at red feather lakes this weekend. wish i was there already.

getting some action on a resume I have out. hopefully I will be doing motion graphics in an agency setting again soon.

I thought that's what I remembered your did....I mean, I love clowning your current job as much as the next monkey, but didn't think still life graphics magic was your gig.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
hohohohohohohohohohohohohoh
people not understanding point of agile / scrum meetings
hohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoh
I'll add - even if the people in the teams get it, company leadership doesn't. Companies operate in waterfall on macro level and those two worlds cannot be reconciled - as every middle management schmuck can confirm from his own unfortunate experience.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's been sunny and hot here all week. Going to be sunny and warm on the weekend. Of course, it's piss-pouring rain right now. "right now" is ride night. Oh well, I guess I'll have to embrace the slip.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's been sunny and hot here all week. Going to be sunny and warm on the weekend. Of course, it's piss-pouring rain right now. "right now" is ride night. Oh well, I guess I'll have to embrace the slip.
On the right trails, embracing the slip can be a downright blast! I actually prefer torrential downpour rain rides; so much fun.

Luckily we have trail systems around here that have a sandy soil base, so water is almost never a problem. :)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I thought that's what I remembered your did....I mean, I love clowning your current job as much as the next monkey, but didn't think still life graphics magic was your gig.
yeah, i can do anything in the video world but motion graphics & animation is my field of expertise and passion.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Sitting at work waiting to do a fund raiser for a local politician. Im just glad im not a politician.