Quantcast

Tiger Mtn to open early!!

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Pulled this off of BBTC.

East Tiger Mountain bicycle trails will temporarily open beginning on March 12, 2005 due to dry conditions. This is subject to closure based on moisture, so please check the BBTC website before you head out. If the trails are closed due to rainfall, they will open for the season on April 15, 2005.
Even after the trails are permanently opened for the season, we ask riders to voluntarily ride elsewhere when it is raining so that we can keep these heavily used trails in great shape. We give a special thanks to the good folks at DNR for being excellent partners in our stewardship of the Tiger Mountain bicycle trails!

http://www.bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=91

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Funny, I was talking to my roomie a day or two ago about how they could/should open those trails earlier this year. Good deal.

I just hope they don't have to put out any fires up there (or anywhere else for that matter) this summer...or sooner.:help:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
DBR X6 RIDER said:
I just hope they don't have to put out any fires up there (or anywhere else for that matter) this summer...or sooner.:help:
That's hoping for alot i'm afraid. Gonna be big news this summer i wouldn't be suprised to see this side get bad as well as the east side of the Cascades for sure.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
toughguymagee said:
werd. Nothing better than Tiger to get the legs, lungs, and heart into shape.
Yippee! I think I'll head up there this weekend :)

I'm not sure if I'm ready for the humility of the climb though :dead:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Yippee! I think I'll head up there this weekend :)

I'm not sure if I'm ready for the humility of the climb though :dead:
That's it I am not working this weekend!! :nope:

The climb... :think: :eviltongu :rolleyes:

Preston... :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
That's it I am not working this weekend!! :nope:

The climb... :think: :eviltongu :rolleyes:

Preston... :)
I'll ride it with ya! I don't like riding that trail alone.

Happy Birthday btw! :dancing: March Birthday's rule!

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
I'll ride it with ya! I don't like riding that trail alone.

Happy Birthday btw! :dancing: March Birthday's rule!
Thanks, I am happy now :dancing: You know I keep thinking about that day we went to Anacourtes and realized how close everyones birthday was in the truck with Thundermuffin being the only one slightly dif......(none Pisces I think :rolleyes: ) weird :think: :think: hey remember moof moof :rolleyes:

What day would you like to do Tiger? Sat. looks to be partly cloudy, hi 59 and Sun. might be sunny, hi about 56.
Anyone else?

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Jr_Bullit said:
Yayy! Tiger is open - I wonder if an after work ride is possible yet?
I think still a little early for the time we usually start, unless you want to be in there when it gets dark. :eek:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
Thanks, I am happy now :dancing: You know I keep thinking about that day we went to Anacourtes and realized how close everyones birthday was in the truck with Thundermuffin being the only one slightly dif......(none Pisces I think :rolleyes: ) weird :think: :think: hey remember moof moof :rolleyes:

What day would you like to do Tiger? Sat. looks to be partly cloudy, hi 59 and Sun. might be sunny, hi about 56.
Anyone else?
SHUT UP! That dog looked just like a cow, a small cow for sure! :eviltongu Skookum's Birthday this Friday :)

Humm....how about Saturday morning? Will you wait for me at the top of the climb? :dead: My bike is about 10 lbs. heavier than yours I'm sure of it!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I'm getting the impression that they will need parking control up there. Get there by 8 or you'll be parking on Hwy 18 kind of thing...Burke Gilman traffic on the PRT. (I can see the, "who has the right of way" thread popping up again already.)

Everyplace else will probably be empty.

Hopefully, there will be plenty of people steppin' up to help with the rock work this year so that it get's the green light from the DNR to open all year around and this opening date stuff will be a moot point.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borneo said:
I'm getting the impression that they will need parking control up there. Get there by 8 or you'll be parking on Hwy 18 kind of thing...Burke Gilman traffic on the PRT. (I can see the, "who has the right of way" thread popping up again already.)

Everyplace else will probably be empty.

Hopefully, there will be plenty of people steppin' up to help with the rock work this year so that it get's the green light from the DNR to open all year around and this opening date stuff will be a moot point.
Has the bbtc been up there doing trail work this winter/spring? I haven't seen any work parties posted on the site.

Right away? Again....... :mumble:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
No, no work parties that I know of in the off-season. Though I believe that there are several planned for this spring.
We're still way ahead of the "usual" trailwork schedule with this weather. I'm sure the Tiger Trailwork series will be posted on the BBTC calendar and at the trailhead soon.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
SHUT UP! That dog looked just like a cow, a small cow for sure! :eviltongu Skookum's Birthday this Friday :)

Humm....how about Saturday morning? Will you wait for me at the top of the climb? :dead: My bike is about 10 lbs. heavier than yours I'm sure of it!
Saturday morning will work start say bout 10ish? I will wait but I have been on my bike a total of 3 hours since Anacourtes so you may beat me to the top. Will you wait for me, my bike may be light but I am not :( by way moor than 10 lbs.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
Saturday morning will work start say bout 10ish? I will wait but I have been on my bike a total of 3 hours since Anacourtes so you may beat me to the top. Will you wait for me, my bike may be light but I am not :( by way moor than 10 lbs.
How about 9am? :sneaky:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
evilbob said:
I think still a little early for the time we usually start, unless you want to be in there when it gets dark. :eek:
Well...lessee here - start at 4:15ish...plan on 2 hour round trip with some padding in their for chit chat time...yeah - it'd be dusk by the time you got out...

With headlamps though, maybe do-able with a group?

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Jr_Bullit said:
Well...lessee here - start at 4:15ish...plan on 2 hour round trip with some padding in their for chit chat time...yeah - it'd be dusk by the time you got out...

With headlamps though, maybe do-able with a group?
Hhhmmmm true and it would just be the end of the ride so we wouldn't be too dependant on lights.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Want to meet me at the parking lot or carpool down? I won't have the white truck. It's being used for shuttling on Saturday.
Probably easier to meet you there since I will be on the run first thing in the morning. I haven't been to Tiger since last July.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
Probably easier to meet you there since I will be on the run first thing in the morning. I haven't been to Tiger since last July.
Okay! I don't think I was back since I broke my ankle either.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
evilbob said:
Hhhmmmm true and it would just be the end of the ride so we wouldn't be too dependant on lights.
I say give it ago next week! :) (or maybe not, since y'all are goin up this weekend...sniff sniff) :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
anyone want to ride next wednesday afternoon or any time on thursday? i have a light...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Toshi said:
cool. have a preference for either day? i am scot free after noon on wednesday :cool:
Really no preference, I don't think I'm going to climb faster either day :eviltongu I'm going to talk to Skookum and see if he is down too.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Really no preference, I don't think I'm going to climb faster either day :eviltongu I'm going to talk to Skookum and see if he is down too.
Me is in too! :) either day is okay...but I doubt I can get there much before 3:50pm - so plan to pedal by 4:15ish?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Tiger under the lights is sick. Probably one of the best rides I've ever had. There were 4 of us the last time I went - coincidentally, there were meteor showers the same night and a crystal-clear sky.:cool:

p.s. - I suggest a helmet and bar headlight setup. Just one of the two will slow you down drastically.