Quantcast

Toyota supercar, the LF-A

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Toyota/Lexus's first attempt at a "supercar." With their work in F1, its great to see them produce a sick V10.

* 4.8-liter 72-degree V10 putting out 560 hp at 8,700 RPM (that's 116.5 hp/liter) and 354 lb.-ft. of torque at 6,800 RPM
* Redline: 9,000 RPM
* Titanium valves, connecting rods, forged aluminum pistons, dry sump lubrication and a titanium exhaust manifold
* Six-speed sequential gearbox
* 65 percent of the body is carbon fiber
* 0-62 MPH (100 km/h) in 3.7 seconds
* Top speed of 201.94 MPH
* Production limited to 500 units

gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/lexus-lf-a-0
V10 goodness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fTfRh0_RQ4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fTfRh0_RQ4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Pretty cool looking. Kinda makes me think of something that would happen if you smashed a Skyline, 350Z, and the infiniti together.
I think i'd rather have a 97 twin turbo Supra. But that's just me.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The back end is a bit of an abortion,
i think its nice...and a bold move to go with a futuristic look like that.

a car with the performance of a Italian exotic and the reliability of a Toyota....cant wait to see it at the next N.A auto show

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
:drool:

Finally something as fast as my R1 was.
Too bad it'll cost 10-15 times as much...
Looks good, sort of what I imagined a redone Supra to look like, tech'd out too, I'm sure some japanese tuner will turn one into a 1000+hp monster when it finally comes available. Why? because you can.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Pretty cool looking. Kinda makes me think of something that would happen if you smashed a Skyline, 350Z, and the infiniti together.
I think i'd rather have a 97 twin turbo Supra. But that's just me.
That clearly is a 87 Supra with a ugly body kit just look at it.

My Top Gear prediction is it will review like the Nissan GTR

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Definitely bad-ass, but my eye's on this one instead: FT-86

New entry-level RWD sports coupe (concept, but headed for production). Estimated at ~2600lbs, 200hp, $20-23k. You know, something I can actually attain instead of drooling over all day. :)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
375k for a toyota with leather....no thanks. I'm sure it'll sell out and I'm sure it'll be really neat, but it still won't be italian. In a year they'll no longer make them, and nobody will be able to work on it. ELL OH WELL.

As to the FT-86, that was a nice car...when hyundai came out with it this year.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
375k for a toyota with leather....no thanks. I'm sure it'll sell out and I'm sure it'll be really neat, but it still won't be italian. In a year they'll no longer make them, and nobody will be able to work on it. ELL OH WELL.

no one thought the Swedish could make a supercar and look what Koeenniggssiigg does.

and Genesis coupe is nice, but still more money than the new Toybaru car...plus the Genesis is from North Korea and they are evil

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
375k for a toyota with leather....no thanks. I'm sure it'll sell out and I'm sure it'll be really neat, but it still won't be italian.
That's like saying:
A Lamborghini Murcielago, Gallardo, Audi R8, a Bugatti Veyron, or Porsche [enter anything but a Panamera, Boxter, Caymen or Cayenne :p ] is just a VW with leather :rolleyes:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Sure, it's just like the Genesis Coupe... It's got 2 doors and an RWD layout!

It's also projected to be up to EIGHT HUNDRED POUNDS LIGHTER. You know, for those of us who don't want just a modified midsize sedan... Think RWD MINI instead of Camaro/Mustang/Challenger.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I think he means a zonda. Because a zonda aint got no engine in it. It is really just a garage ornament.
Could you please elaborate on this a bit more? Im just curious as to how a car with a V12 running at 555 bhp (C12 S) or 602 bhp (Zonda F) has no engine??

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I would be happy with a Mark IV Supra with some mods. One of these days I will get off my ass and buy one. The dealer I got my truck from has a white one. Still one of the baddest production cars IMO.

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
Definitely bad-ass, but my eye's on this one instead: FT-86

New entry-level RWD sports coupe (concept, but headed for production). Estimated at ~2600lbs, 200hp, $20-23k. You know, something I can actually attain instead of drooling over all day. :)
that is the new ae 86, hopefully it will handle the same!

EasyE

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
Fremont,CA
Nice car but ..........its not even close to the performance of other " super cars " I dont even think it should be in the same class. Thing could barely take down a Z06....hahaha

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sure, it's just like the Genesis Coupe... It's got 2 doors and an RWD layout!

It's also projected to be up to EIGHT HUNDRED POUNDS LIGHTER. You know, for those of us who don't want just a modified midsize sedan... Think RWD MINI instead of Camaro/Mustang/Challenger.
Yeah dude, a concept car is projected to weigh blah blah blah. That means nothing in the north American market. Wait till it has 18 airbags, door beams, daytime running lights, traction control, hybrid drive, remote hatch lifts, xenon powered sudden infant death detectors, automatic golf score updating systems, etc. etc. and all the rest of the junk they put in cars nowadays, and THEN tell me it costs less and weighs less and performs as well.

When this car hits dealers lots with the specs you believe it will, I will apologize...and buy one! I just don't believe that an auto maker that it will happen. It may weight less than the Hyundai when/if it comes out, but I severely doubt it will weigh your estimated figure, unless it comes with NONE of the features modern cars have (power anything, cruise, AC, etc.).

As for the LFA, of course it's not just a toyota with leather, that was meant as a sarcastic exaggeration, but in the end, you're still driving a toyota...no matter how bad ass the thing is. When you drop close to 400gs on a vehicle, label is 90% of it.