Quantcast

***triad Urban Rides***

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
No. It's overcast and cool, and the ground is drying very very quickly. The grass is still kinda soggy, but the asphault and concrete is very very dry.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
It's been a good while since a post here, but I got a shiny new camera and it was somewhat "warm" enough tonight to do a small urban ride. Here are some pics....

Non-monkey Chris

Another angle...

Merritt manualing on a ledge

Merritt attempting a fufanu-type stall

And of course a no-footer

mongo

Chimp
Feb 4, 2005
I know this thread is a little old, but I just want to say great stuff, WKC. I've included a couple of your shots in the Urban Attack Report, with credit to you and links back to this ridemonkey thread so folks can see all your photos. Happy trials... Mongo

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Okay. Finally I got the pics up of last week's urban ride. I think we set a record for ride time in UNCG without getting kicked out. We rode there for a solid 1 1/2 hours.
Merritt wall taps Big Blue

Merritt one-foots over the stairs at the GSO College

Husani coming off of a feeble

A few of the BMX guys set up a folding steel table, then jumped into the grass.

Husani bailing

Cliff's perfect 360, with a lit cigarette.

Myself (WKC), over the rail at the science building. Kinda dark.

Me hopping up the stairs

Coming out of a Fufanu

Manual on and off the ledge

Another angle

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
nice pics....but if you want to continue to ride at UNCG....STAY OFF THE WALLS! i know you read the thread, if the 20" kids want to grind the ledges then they can be responsible for us not being able to ride there anymore. there is plenty to do there w/out getting on the walls, specifically the ones in the pics.

u can tell them that i'll thump 'em if i catch them grinding the ledges, screwing it up for everyone.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
manimal said:
nice pics....but if you want to continue to ride at UNCG....STAY OFF THE WALLS! i know you read the thread, if the 20" kids want to grind the ledges then they can be responsible for us not being able to ride there anymore. there is plenty to do there w/out getting on the walls, specifically the ones in the pics.

u can tell them that i'll thump 'em if i catch them grinding the ledges, screwing it up for everyone.
Well noted. I think everyone, myself included, needs to think about EVERYONE and that being able to ride UNCG is a privilege, and that we can ride there as long as we follow a few rules.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Our most recent urban ride...

First we went to UNCG, and mainly seesioned this wall for a bit.

Then moved Downtown to the Spring Garden Bridge Drop...

Then over to Big Blue...

And after everyone left, Willeville and I decided to get some food, and since my full-squish bike was on hand, I decided to do the Courthouse Gap. Now despite the picture, I actually did clear it, even though it looks like I only made it halfway.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
UPDATE!!!

New pics and new spots!

These pics were taking from a new gap by tbhe UNCG Tennis Courts. Nice size, and BUTTER tranny. It is soo much fun.

Eyeing up the new gap....

Merritt peed his pants during this huge one-footer (just kidding).

Merritt throwing a whip at "Tennis Gap".

Playing with the camera a bit.

Keegan (non-Monkey) on the same gap.

This has to be a first. Reverse Nose Wheelie Barhump Seat Rape. Well done Merritt.

Merritt throwing a One-Foot-Tabletop on a hip.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
escapeartist said:
Cool stuff Chase. Has anyone hit that gap on a hardtail yet?
Nope! I was thinking about it the other night but i decided not to. I want to in the day. It would be really smooth regardless of what bike you hit it on.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I'm game all week. Name the time and place and I'll be there. Tomorrow would be awesome, the local Re:Cycles rides are Tuesday and Thursday, and Friday would work fo sho. Just let me know

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
untitledsince89 said:
holy hell the tire tap looks like you nearly dented your rim
Haha, pretty much. That rim is already shot anyway, and tire pressure was a tad low.

escapeartist said:
So someone finnally hit that gap on a ht?
Jacob (Stewdogg), Chris (on the Cowan), and myself hit up the gap on HT's that night. It's still smooth as hell on an HT.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Here some more pics..I played around with the settings a little bit, s few of them are pretty cool...Some video clips will follow these pics...

Merritt, with what used to be JPF behind him...

Merritt with a 180 Abubaca

Will chllin...

Will and Merritt...