Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Related!!!

"James Woolsey, the former CIA director and board member at Mike Flynn’s lobbying firm, took part in a “lengthy conversation” Saturday with the president, reported Business Insider.
<snip>
Woolsey was present at a Sept. 19, 2016, meeting where Flynn and Turkish government officials discussed forcibly removing Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen from the U.S. — a plot that has fallen under investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller.

The former CIA director notified Vice President Joe Biden through a mutual friend about the meeting, which he believed may have covered illegal actions.
<snip>
Woolsey’s spokesman declined to specify what he spoke to Trump about over the weekend, but their conversation will almost certainly interest Mueller."

Lordy, I hope there are tapes.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I know we often bag on Trump, but it's nice to see him set aside his personal grievances for once and honor those who deserve it without injecting himself into the conversation.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-calls-warren-pocahontas-event-honoring-native-americans-n824266
I swear, can we just have one fucking day when he doesnt embarrass himself and the rest of us by association by opening his cock holster and letting words come out? Please FSM?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Found this on Reddit:

https://twitter.com/donaldjtrumpjr/status/704750683078131712

From the article.

That same day, Gateway Pundit, a conservative site, spread a false story from a Twitter account, @umpire43, that said, “A family friend in Alabama just told my wife that a WAPO reporter named Beth offer her 1000$ to accuse Roy Moore.” The Twitter account, which has a history of spreading misinformation, has since been deleted.

So that Twitter account is a proven fake/fake news account. And Drumpf Jr was in touch with them awhile back
FAKE NEWS!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

Project Veritas, founded in 2010, is a tax-exempt charity that says its mission is to “investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud and other misconduct.”
So it's doing itself precisely what it claims to be investigating others for............

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
the more folks learn about the impact of this tax plan, immediate and delayed, the less I think it'll pass.
it's truly amazing that conservative repubs are backing this.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
the more folks learn about the impact of this tax plan, immediate and delayed, the less I think it'll pass.
it's truly amazing that conservative repubs are backing this.
I'd like to think so, but I'm not convinced. The tax bill is unpopular, just like Obamacare repeal was grossly unpopular, yet that one was but a single vote away from being overturned. More and more it seems as if our legislative bodies are acting in a bubble that is detached from the will of the people.

I hope I'm wrong.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'd like to think so, but I'm not convinced. The tax bill is unpopular, just like Obamacare repeal was grossly unpopular, yet that one was but a single vote away from being overturned. More and more it seems as if our legislative bodies are acting in a bubble that is detached from the will of the people.

I hope I'm wrong.
it's not that I think they'll shy away from raising taxes on a near majority of the population, it's the $1 Trillion + deficit increase that should stop them. Kicking that can down the road shouldn't be an option.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

I hope I'm wrong.
IMO, the Obamacare repeal wasn't as close as it looked.
McCain fell on the sword so that others facing reelection could be shielded from voter and trumptard fury.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
it's not that I think they'll shy away from raising taxes on a near majority of the population, it's the $1 Trillion + deficit increase that should stop them. Kicking that can down the road shouldn't be an option.
Quit worrying about that can. Secretly the US Treasury is hoarding/mining Bitcoins and that "investment" will pay off the debt in 2025. :homer:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
More and more it seems as if our legislative bodies are acting in a bubble that is detached from the will of the people.

I hope I'm wrong.
Our legislators are no longer beholden to the people but to the $$$ and the parties that act as traffic cops to direct the checks to those who will reliably execute the will of who is signing said checks.

Someone may lose an election because they are unpopular, but they don't have a chance in hell if they don't have $$$$. There are a few of those that defy that rule but certainly not in today's ruling party.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Our legislators are no longer beholden to the people but to the $$$ and the parties that act as traffic cops to direct the checks to those who will reliably execute the will of who is signing said checks.

Someone may lose an election because they are unpopular, but they don't have a chance in hell if they don't have $$$$. There are a few of those that defy that rule but certainly not in today's ruling party.
If they can't suppress voters and folks turn out to vote out jackasses, things could change. I just fear the ruling party will prevent this by keeping folks on the couch.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I keep pondering that scenario and wonder if, short of a slew of moral stalwarts getting elected, we now have our own entrenched ruling class. The rotation of legislative hookers keeps changing but in the end we all still get fucked.

If they can't suppress voters and folks turn out to vote out jackasses, things could change. I just fear the ruling party will prevent this by keeping folks on the couch.
I worry less about a ruling political party and more about those behind the scenes who are calling the shots.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:disgust:
Make America Weak Again ....
From JK's link:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/11/22/americas-military-doesnt-have-enough-money-to-do-its-job/

Yes, it cites the Heritage Foundation, but I'm flummoxed as to how the Pentagon, with a budget greater than the GDP of all but 21 countries, can be hurting for cash. Other than the F-35 fiasco, where is it all going? Does anyone ever hit pause and ask whether the money spent is done so constructively?

I know there are situations like this one (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/06/21/pentagon-blew-28-million-uniforms-afghan-soldiers-report-says/413219001/) that just reek of waste, but how come there isn't a greater demand for the military, unlike every other department in the US government, to control it's spending? (https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/pentagon-buries-evidence-of-125-billion-in-bureaucratic-waste/2016/12/05/e0668c76-9af6-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1eaa5_story.html?utm_term=.09b99b1c920c)

That's $125 billion, or, as our President would say, billions and billions and billions of dollars that are wasted on inefficiencies. Seems like that would be an easy way to effectively increase your budget without asking for more $$$.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Asking the military to reign in its spending is un-American. We all must suffer for the Fatherland to be strong and well-oiled with cash. Lots of cash.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
From JK's link:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/11/22/americas-military-doesnt-have-enough-money-to-do-its-job/

Yes, it cites the Heritage Foundation, but I'm flummoxed as to how the Pentagon, with a budget greater than the GDP of all but 21 countries, can be hurting for cash. Other than the F-35 fiasco, where is it all going? Does anyone ever hit pause and ask whether the money spent is done so constructively?

I know there are situations like this one (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/06/21/pentagon-blew-28-million-uniforms-afghan-soldiers-report-says/413219001/) that just reek of waste, but how come there isn't a greater demand for the military, unlike every other department in the US government, to control it's spending? (https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/pentagon-buries-evidence-of-125-billion-in-bureaucratic-waste/2016/12/05/e0668c76-9af6-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1eaa5_story.html?utm_term=.09b99b1c920c)

That's $125 billion, or, as our President would say, billions and billions and billions of dollars that are wasted on inefficiencies. Seems like that would be an easy way to effectively increase your budget without asking for more $$$.
The Navy is spread rather thin. They don't have enough ships, can't maintain them fast enough and can't train sailors well enough. Not because they don't get a shit-ton of money, but because the US maintains a substantial force in every fucking ocean, backwater and bathtub in the world. Same goes for the army and navy. I don't know how many foreign bases, but a google search shows a dizzying presence. It gets worse if you zoom into specific regions

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
The Navy is spread rather thin. They don't have enough ships, can't maintain them fast enough and can't train sailors well enough. Not because they don't get a shit-ton of money, but because the US maintains a substantial force in every fucking ocean, backwater and bathtub in the world. Same goes for the army and navy. I don't know how many foreign bases, but a google search shows a dizzying presence. It gets worse if you zoom into specific regions

Nobody knew empire could be so complicated.