Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I will pump some more thousands into BTC/LTC/ETH if/when the falling knife edge passes under my cost basis. I'm in at under $3k for BTC iirc so still a ways off.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My day was full of stupid. Tomorrow will be full of panicked stupid.
just say to them in your best samuel l jackson voice.....it ain't like those commercials that guarantee no losses....motherfuckers be losing all the time!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You got a bunch of rich, old white guy clients that stayed aggressive when they really shouldn't have?

:D
Despite me telling them otherwise. The indicator for me that it was the old poor people going TO aggressive. That's a red flag that the party will be over soon.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I unloaded all of my non-retirement investments into cash last year, all of which I invested in late 2009. I didn't hit peak market but I did well. Will look into putting cash back in once a clear reset has been made. Otherwise all my retirement sits in various index funds.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We took a little hit, but not too bad.( Well, roughly 4% on some retirement action). Wifey is making noise about cashing out so that we are liquid for the next local real estate market drop. This has worked out for us twice now.

Last edited:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
if you're smart , you'll buy guns and ammo.

cash won't do much good when shit hits the fan...

I'm buying more tinfoil. (and hummus)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We took a little hit, but not too bad.( Well, roughly 4% on some retirement action). Wifey is making noise about cashing out so that we are liquid for the next local real estate market drop. This has worked out for us twice now.
Mmm... taxes and 10% penalty.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
WTF I thought this was only the stuff of Commies and Dictators and the French
Not the USA and it is most certainly a waste of my Tax Dollars

https://tinyurl.com/y7t7mpuv

WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump's vision of soldiers marching and tanks rolling down the boulevards of Washington is moving closer to reality in the Pentagon and White House, where officials say they have begun to plan a grand military parade later this year showcasing the might of America's armed forces.

Trump has long mused publicly and privately about wanting such a parade, but a Jan. 18 meeting between Trump and top generals in the Pentagon's tank - a room reserved for top secret discussions - marked a tipping point, according to two officials briefed on the planning.

Surrounded by the military's highest ranking officials, including Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Joe Dunford, Trump's seemingly abstract desire for a parade was suddenly heard as a presidential directive, the officials said."The marching orders were: I want a parade like the one in France," said a military official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the planning discussions are supposed to remain confidential. "This is being worked at the highest levels of the military."

American shows of military strength don't come cheap. The cost of shipping Abrams tanks and high-tech hardware to Washington could run in the millions, and military officials said it was unclear how they would pay for it.

This is a thread I just started on a right wingnut message board :popcorn:
He really is Twittler

Last edited: