Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Courtesy of Gary Kasparov.

"Beyond a certain point, military display is only possible in countries where the common people dare not laugh at the army." - George Orwell, essay "England Your England" 1941.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am finally reaping the rewards of the federal tax cut. An extra $2.16 showed up in my paycheck from tax savings. Woooo.

I'd go blow it on a cup of coffee but my health insurance contributions went up $15.00. so I need to be a little more careful with my spending.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Maybe we should do something like impart sanctions on Russia for such things.

Crazy I know, just spitballing.
Tillerson said it was "important that we continue to say to Russia: 'Look, if you think we don't see what you're doing, we do see it, and you need to stop. If you don't, you're just going to continue to invite consequences for yourself.'"

I dunno, that is a pretty strongly worded rebuke. Fight fire with fire!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tillerson said it was "important that we continue to say to Russia: 'Look, if you think we don't see what you're doing, we do see it, and you need to stop. If you don't, you're just going to continue to invite consequences for yourself.'"

I dunno, that is a pretty strongly worded rebuke. Fight fire with fire!

Translation:. The Russians are still meddling in our elections, but in favor for the right, so whatever and stuff.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/military-refuses-to-participate-in-trumps-parade-citing-bone-spurs?mbid=social_facebook

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The Pentagon has turned down Donald J. Trump’s request for a grand military parade in Washington, D.C., citing a sudden outbreak of bone spurs that would prevent men and women in uniform from participating.

Harland Dorrinson, a Pentagon spokesman, said that, within an hour of Trump’s request, more than a hundred thousand military personnel complained that they were suffering from acute cases of bone spurs that would make marching in such a parade a painful ordeal.

“In the history of the U.S. military, we have never experienced a bone-spur epidemic of this magnitude,” the spokesman said. “Regrettably, however, we have no choice but to issue thousands of deferments.”

A statement from the bone-spur sufferers said that they would continue to valiantly serve their country around the world in a non-marching capacity, and offered an alternative to their participation in Trump’s proposed pageant.

“President Trump is welcome to march in the parade all by himself if he would finally like to enlist,” the statement read.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
And latest stock market plunge is a direct result over budget concerns. I wonder how much the average joe lost in his 401K vs his tax savings.

I don't know about you, but I just love taking it hard and un-lubed.
:dead:
The Republicans can no longer be the party of fiscal conservatism. They're handing some real ammo to political opponents.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Strap on the tinfoil kids, 'cuz I am going full conspiracy freak on this one...

Watched the original Manchurian Candidate the other day. Got me to thinking.

Melania tRump is from a former Soviet republic...her father was a Communist party member...who is now in the country full time despite Dumpsterfire Donnys tirades against chain immigration. He has and continues to take many steps that are in blatant favor of the interests of the Russkys...he has spent time in Mother Russia and has many somewhat nebulous Russian contacts in his Rolodex...he has chnaged many of his positions regarding Russia in the past, and he has shown that he has the mind and intellect of a greedy, emotionally immature 8 year old that is proven to be malleable and easily manipulated by those around him...

Hmm...certainly gives one pause...now where did I leave that forced deck...

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think money laundering is a more plausible explanation for the shift in positions.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/justice-department-official-brand-leaves-partly-over-fear-she-might-n847156

R-Rod is a goner.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a17045435/republican-state-legislatures-war-on-judiciary/

Well that's not terrifying or anything. Nothing quite like open (and supported) contempt for the rule of law and separation of powers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-budget-would-slash-spending-domestic-programs-entitlements-n847141

I coulda sworn we did something with recently with $1.5B that would have paid for all this infrastructure stuff...:confused: