Quantcast

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"Obama put a ban on Iraqi refugees for 6 months in 2011 and nobody cared!!!" - All my right wing facebook contacts (hard time calling them "friends")
And here I thought I was the only one with idiot "friends."

Taking a social media time out. Again. Just cant take the vitriol, willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance any longer. Really distressing...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I feel sorry for ya'll with kids.
Taco Bell University might be fun.

I am guessing the motivation is not to reduce education costs by limiting regulations but to better harvest funds from GI Bill and Federal loans by for profit organizations. As always the children of those who can afford a nice ivy league education will not be affected but those who are again trying to scratch their way to a better future.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Again this is the same old shit we've been dealing with in NC. Senator Jesse Helms voted down every education funding bill for years. And teachers here are notoriously under paid. Gov. McCrory promised to raise teacher pay but according to actual teachers the bill either reduced pay or stayed the same.

If the GOP can keep it's children under-educated, they are more likely to vote Republican when they are old enough. And this concept goes all the way back to Slavery in this country. The plantation owners learned the dangers of Slaves who could read.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Nice to see that after only a week and a half into the job he's managed to go from promise's to Drain the swamp and negotiate drug prices to meeting meeting lobbyist's and then promising to lower their taxes and deregulate.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

When we get rid of taxes for the rich and corporations we have to raise funds for the military somehow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
FFS just discovered that the Dem Congressman covering my district didn't even vote in the zero value vote...

edit: I take that back, the Dem Polis covering where I live did vote nay on the zero value vote.

Last edited: