Quantcast

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Screenshot_20200211-195325.png

ummm so the gains under obama were due to the "revolving economy", but the reduction in unemployment is due to Trump?

Can you show me on the plot above where the inflection point at 2016 is that shows what Trump did had any effect on what appears to be a historical downward trend?

Cognitive dissonance much?

Keep in mind when Obama became president millions of jobs were already lost due to the recession, real estate market crash from subprime loans. So while Obama was in office those jobs lost came back, because of the revolving economy. Obama told Trump when he was running for president and talked about creating new manufacturing jobs in the US, do you have a "magic wand?" Under Trump, more people are getting off food stamps, unemployment is at a 50 year low. Then again Kev, we all know how pro-Trump Huff Post is, LOL.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If you are a republican, you believe you are the only person, in the history of the universe, that has ever worked hard. You also believe the root of all problems is not working hard enough, like plearning disability, mental health, not having legs, etc.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
View attachment 140856

ummm so the gains under obama were due to the "revolving economy", but the reduction in unemployment is due to Trump?

Can you show me on the plot above where the inflection point at 2016 is that shows what Trump did had any effect on what appears to be a historical downward trend?

Cognitive dissonance much?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If Brian instills his work ethic into his kids he shouldn't have to worry about tuition, his kids can pay for it themselves with part time jobs and merit scholarships. It is what I did.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that data is only through january 2019. after that, things uh, changed.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
did you read the labor report?

"Manufacturing employment changed little in January (-12,000) and has shown little movement,
on net, over the past 12 months. Motor vehicles and parts lost 11,000 jobs over the month."

That article is talking about Trump adding more mfg jobs than Obama, but the trend in mfg jobs continues to be on a decline. Kudos to Trump for this focus though the effort is pandering and results will likely be short term.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
If Brian instills his work ethic into his kids he shouldn't have to worry about tuition, his kids can pay for it themselves with part time jobs and merit scholarships. It is what I did.
Actually my son is a hard worker, my wife and I told both our kids, one is a sophomore at Colorado State the other a Jr. in HS. The first 4 years are on us. I think he just got a part time job @ Home Depot, and will work full time during the summer to help offset our costs as he's in a lease until Aug 1 and learn to contribute. During the summers in HS (before or after football practice) and his first year of college he worked in the trades as a laborer 8-10 hours a day. Unfortunately he fucked around too much in HS and didn't qualify for any scholarships. We were hoping for a academic scholarship at CSU as he has a 3.8 GPA, but unfortunately doesn't qualify.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
did you read the labor report?

"Manufacturing employment changed little in January (-12,000) and has shown little movement,
on net, over the past 12 months. Motor vehicles and parts lost 11,000 jobs over the month."

That article is talking about Trump adding more mfg jobs than Obama, but the trend in mfg jobs continues to be on a decline. Kudos to Trump for this focus though the effort is pandering and results will likely be short term.
The guy is actually making an effort to bring jobs back to the US. It may fail, but at least he has the balls to make an attempt and follow through what he campaigned on.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The guy is actually making an effort to bring jobs back to the US. It may fail, but at least he has the balls to make an attempt and follow through what he campaigned on.
I get it and appreciate it. As I said, kudos to him. I grew up working manufacturing jobs, as did much my family.
But at the same time, he's stifling growth sectors like renewable energy for example, my current industry. Those are GOOD paying jobs, supporting trades like construction and electricians, but again he panders to the coal and gas/oil crowd because it stokes an emotional response from them.

One sure way to bring 'some' mfg jobs back to the States is to make it harder/expensive to import, but that raises prices too. What do you think the answer is to (a) grow manufacturing jobs while (b) keeping costs down?

No, tariffs aren't that answer.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Why do you bother to continually push nonsense? Sanders has repeatedly shown and explained how his various programs would be paid for. Why lie?
Medicare for all, free college & the Green New Deal. Yes, he did talk about raising taxes, but how much? Medicare for all alone is estimated to cost $52T over the next 10 years. Where is that money going to come from? You start taxing corporations, they'll do mass layoffs to cover their costs leaving millions without jobs. I'm not denying something must be down to lower our outrageous healthcare costs. Under Obamacare our healthcare costs went up substantially and our copay went WAY up. You can only tax someone so much. Keep in mind I live in California and am already way over taxed compared to the rest of the country. If they want to raise taxes to match what we pay here in CA, fine. I just can't afford to pay more in taxes.

Medicare for all, free college & the Green New Deal. Yes, he did talk about raising taxes, but how much? Medicare for all alone is estimated to cost $52T over the next 10 years. Where is that money going to come from? You start taxing corporations, they'll do mass layoffs to cover their costs leaving millions without jobs. I'm not denying something must be down to lower our outrageous healthcare costs. Under Obamacare our healthcare costs went up substantially and our copay went WAY up. You can only tax someone so much. Keep in mind I live in California and am already way over taxed compared to the rest of the country. If they want to raise taxes to match what we pay here in CA, fine. I just can't afford to pay more in taxes.
First step is to impose significant taxes on the top 1%.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Also note that manufacturing jobs per that definition, iirc, have a median number of employees of 5. Just 1 dude working out of his garage counts as a "factory" there.

Rouge Plants, these are not.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
First step is to impose significant taxes on the top 1%.
And increase capital gains tax and corporate tax.

And people seem to think that this would be a new cost, where it would largely be a shifted cost. Yes there would be an increased tax burden on corporations, but they would also save significant amounts of money on the health insurance premiums they pay.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And increase capital gains tax and corporate tax.

And people seem to think that this would be a new cost, where it would largely be a shifted cost. Yes there would be an increased tax burden on corporations, but they would also save significant amounts of money on the health insurance premiums they pay.
one other big thing is that they need to put an end to the fucking practice where US based companies keep assets in other countries to avoid paying taxes on them.