Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
"When Hitler’s trial began in early 1924, onlookers thought the courtroom drama would be the end of the Nazi Party. Instead, over the course of 24 days, Hitler got the opportunity to sell his extremist ideas to a receptive German public.
“Hitler had a chance to redefine himself as this national hero,” King told the Times of Israel in 2018. “The incident caused headlines all over the international press, and Hitler’s name became known thereafter. He could not have bought the kind of publicity he got at the trial even if he wanted to.”
On the first day of the trial, Hitler gave a speech that lasted over three hours. He spoke of his military service, “trying to show he had the character of a soldier, not a traitor,” writes King in his book. He also spoke of his aimless years in Vienna, when he was “forced to earn my own bread.” Per Hitler’s account—though scholars dispute the timeline—this period cemented his worldview. He left the Austrian city an “absolute antisemite.”
Hitler’s final speech during the trial lasted two hours. He blamed Germany’s decline on Jews and Marxists, reiterating that he had been called upon to restore the country to its former glory. The Beer Hall Putsch, he insisted, had not failed. Popular support for his vision was growing.
“You may pronounce us guilty a thousand times,” he told the judge, “but the goddess who presides over the eternal court of history will with a smile tear in pieces the charge of the public prosecutor and the verdict of this court. For she acquits us.”'

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"When Hitler’s trial began in early 1924, onlookers thought the courtroom drama would be the end of the Nazi Party. Instead, over the course of 24 days, Hitler got the opportunity to sell his extremist ideas to a receptive German public.
“Hitler had a chance to redefine himself as this national hero,” King told the Times of Israel in 2018. “The incident caused headlines all over the international press, and Hitler’s name became known thereafter. He could not have bought the kind of publicity he got at the trial even if he wanted to.”
On the first day of the trial, Hitler gave a speech that lasted over three hours. He spoke of his military service, “trying to show he had the character of a soldier, not a traitor,” writes King in his book. He also spoke of his aimless years in Vienna, when he was “forced to earn my own bread.” Per Hitler’s account—though scholars dispute the timeline—this period cemented his worldview. He left the Austrian city an “absolute antisemite.”
Hitler’s final speech during the trial lasted two hours. He blamed Germany’s decline on Jews and Marxists, reiterating that he had been called upon to restore the country to its former glory. The Beer Hall Putsch, he insisted, had not failed. Popular support for his vision was growing.
“You may pronounce us guilty a thousand times,” he told the judge, “but the goddess who presides over the eternal court of history will with a smile tear in pieces the charge of the public prosecutor and the verdict of this court. For she acquits us.”'

Ole Adolf didn't have his own (failed) social media network where he could blast off his thoughts after banging rails until 3am like Donnie 2 scoops.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Ole Adolf didn't have his own (failed) social media network where he could blast off his thoughts after banging rails until 3am like Donnie 2 scoops.
True, but he did have the attention of all the media of his time. I don't think much is different in this case except the advancement of technology. I'm pretty certain that giving D2S any airtime is incredibly dangerous.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
True, but he did have the attention of all the media of his time. I don't think much is different in this case except the advancement of technology. I'm pretty certain that giving D2S any airtime is incredibly dangerous.
at this point everyone knows what he's about.

i would like to see him get some air time. out the back of a 737

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
after his performance in the NY trial, he'd absolutely use it as an opportunity to paint himself as a victim of political persecution, despite it being BS. smith isn't advocating for televising the trial so i'm not that concerned.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
at this point everyone knows what he's about.
I'm not convinced. Remember, he actually got millions more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016. That means millions of people who didn't turn out in 2016, or voted for someone else, or @FSM only knows what, watched what happened his first four years and said to themselves "I need some more of that!". This country is FULL of fucking morons who don't watch the news, who don't keep up with politics like we do here PaWN, who could very easily be swayed by his "it's all so unfair and Hunter Biden is mean" schtick. Trump thrives on selling bullshit to Rubes on TV. How many times did you hear "He's a successful businessman, that's why he was on the apprentice!" in 2016?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm not convinced. Remember, he actually got millions more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016. That means millions of people who didn't turn out in 2016, or voted for someone else, or @FSM only knows what, watched what happened his first four years and said to themselves "I need some more of that!". This country is FULL of fucking morons who don't watch the news, who don't keep up with politics like we do here PaWN, who could very easily be swayed by his "it's all so unfair and Hunter Biden is mean" schtick. Trump thrives on selling bullshit to Rubes on TV. How many times did you hear "He's a successful businessman, that's why he was on the apprentice!" in 2016?
russian votes man

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I always wanted someone to dive deeper into her past, cases, decisions, etc. She retires from her judge position after suspected shady-ass-ness, just as D2S is running. I just KNOW she had her hands in some crooked business over the years.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Underestimating the enemy is a pretty sure way to get fucked up.

How many of you have taken a look at the "Issues" section of the Trump campaign website?

All I see is a pile of hot garbage, BUT a lot of those positions are absolutely reasonable and fundamentally OK when taken at face value, which is how a lot of (white) people will take them. "Fair Trade for the American Worker." Who doesn't actually want that? Never mind the cynical half-truths, lies and politicing in the details, because most American voters won't get that far.

"Stop Crime and Restore Safety." "End Censorship." When taken at face value, why would anyone reject these positions on issues?

The man's messages are simple and appealing to a lot of people who want their slice of the American dream. He is promising prosperity and freedom to a lot people who feel they have too little of both. He isn't explaining how he is actually going to achieve any of it and a shred of critical thinking will make it clear that a lot his promises are empty at best and cynical lies at worst.

Compare the Trump issues to the Biden-Harris whitehouse priorites list.

First of all, Biden-Harris are still talking about COVID-19. For fuck's sake! Yes, it is still kind of a problem, but it shouldn't be at the top of the priority list when you're trying to get re-elected. Taking a look at the rest of their priorities, while I agree with almost all of them, I think a lot of voters will find them uninteresting and irrelevant.

To make matters worse some of the priorities even imply that Americans might have to sacrifice, change their outlook or -gasp- share with their fellow citizens. "Equality" and "Climate change" and an immigration policy that thinks MORE foreigners is a good thing? Those prioirites are all very magnanimous and egalitarian, but have these people met the voting public? They don't want equality they want cheap gas.

edit: added link

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Underestimating the enemy is a pretty sure way to get fucked up.

How many of you have taken a look at the "Issues" section of the Trump campaign website?

All I see is a pile of hot garbage, BUT a lot of those positions are absolutely reasonable and fundamentally OK when taken at face value, which is how a lot of (white) people will take them. "Fair Trade for the American Worker." Who doesn't actually want that? Never mind the cynical half-truths, lies and politicing in the details, because most American voters won't get that far.

"Stop Crime and Restore Safety." "End Censorship." When taken at face value, why would anyone reject these positions on issues?

The man's messages are simple and appealing to a lot of people who want their slice of the American dream. He is promising prosperity and freedom to a lot people who feel they have too little of both. He isn't explaining how he is actually going to achieve any of it and a shred of critical thinking will make it clear that a lot his promises are empty at best and cynical lies at worst.

Compare the Trump issues to the Biden-Harris whitehouse priorites list. First of all, Biden-Harris are still talking about COVID-19. For fuck's sake! Yes, it is still kind of a problem, but it shouldn't be at the top of the priority list when you're trying to get re-elected. Taking a look at the rest of their priorities, while I agree with almost all of them, I think a lot of voters will find them uninteresting and irrelevant.

To make matters worse some of the priorities even imply that Americans might have to sacrifice, change their outlook or -gasp- share with their fellow citizens. "Equality" and "Climate change" and an immigration policy that thinks MORE foreigners is a good thing? Those prioirites are all very magnanimous and egalitarian, but have these people met the voting public? They don't equality they want cheap gas.
if this happens just remember the spans of time since 2000 and bush v. gore when democrats had the political power to eliminate the electoral college, which is not in the constitution and does not require an amendment etc

this happens because the people entrusted with stopping it from happening were too worried about decor

.....and people kept voting for them just because it was "better" than the alternative

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
if this happens just remember the spans of time since 2000 and bush v. gore when democrats had the political power to eliminate the electoral college, which is not in the constitution and does not require an amendment etc

this happens because the people entrusted with stopping it from happening were too worried about decor

.....and people kept voting for them just because it was "better" than the alternative
ending the electoral college would force the GOP to move to a more reasonable platform, if they ever want to get elected.
EC is the root of polarization.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

The chances of him winning if not incarcerated are pretty good. Maybe even if incarcerated, guess we will find out.

Dems don't have a clear alternative yet and Biden won't likely survive another term if he manages to win.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:disgust: where does this even come from? they're 3 years apart, and Biden is obviously in better general health than Trump.
I didn't say Trump would survive another term, but sleepy Joe ain't looking so good if you are paying attention. Folks didn't want to vote for Bernie because they felt he was too old and he would beat both of them in a race up the stairs. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001