Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One can reasonably blame the Media Industry for Trump...

"The media are engaged in an orgy of navel-gazing about the Donald Trump presidency, but they’re totally, utterly, absolutely, no-way-in-hell willing to gaze at their own navel.

The networks — whose first priority since Reagan killed the Fairness Doctrine is profitability rather than informing the public — are no doubt salivating about the next 4 years of daily eruptions from the White House. They’re clearly betting The Donald Trump Reality Show: POTUS Version will provide an ongoing revenue stream, whereas a Hillary presidency would merely have been competent and boring, and thus not as profitable for the media."

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/16/the-trump-story-media-dare-not-utter-they-sacrificed-democracy-for-ratings_partner/#.WHynhiVr7Y8.facebook

One could also blame those who treated politics like sports fandom, ignored facts, logic, kindness and opposed every attempt at progress from the other team. Come home and reap what you helped sow.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
One can reasonably blame the Media Industry for Trump...

"The media are engaged in an orgy of navel-gazing about the Donald Trump presidency, but they’re totally, utterly, absolutely, no-way-in-hell willing to gaze at their own navel.

The networks — whose first priority since Reagan killed the Fairness Doctrine is profitability rather than informing the public — are no doubt salivating about the next 4 years of daily eruptions from the White House. They’re clearly betting The Donald Trump Reality Show: POTUS Version will provide an ongoing revenue stream, whereas a Hillary presidency would merely have been competent and boring, and thus not as profitable for the media."

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/16/the-trump-story-media-dare-not-utter-they-sacrificed-democracy-for-ratings_partner/#.WHynhiVr7Y8.facebook
Disagree. The people of the US, and their incessant celebrity worship combined with alot of willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance are to blame. This idiot wasnt initially serious about his run, but as his idiocy gathered steam and he started pushing the boundaries of common sense and good taste with no repercussions, he became somewhat serious, and no we are ALL faced with the sickening and unfortunate reality of dealing with his idiocy and its legacy.

A distressingly small % of 'murikkkans™ voted for this fool, but we all get to pay for him. I have had times in my life during which I was not happy to be a part of this country, but his election and its uncovering of the truly ugly side of Americans that has surfaced has really, truly made me ashamed.

This country fancies itself a/the world leader...just not buying it anymore.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"...a congressional expert...doesn’t think these donations will affect the way members interact with the president-elect. The usual mechanics of Washington and the pressure to please constituents at home will be more powerful forces..."

I think she means "...please their corporate overlords..."

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Disagree. The people of the US, and their incessant celebrity worship combined with alot of willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance are to blame. This idiot wasnt initially serious about his run, but as his idiocy gathered steam and he started pushing the boundaries of common sense and good taste with no repercussions, he became somewhat serious, and no we are ALL faced with the sickening and unfortunate reality of dealing with his idiocy and its legacy.

A distressingly small % of 'murikkkans™ voted for this fool, but we all get to pay for him. I have had times in my life during which I was not happy to be a part of this country, but his election and its uncovering of the truly ugly side of Americans that has surfaced has really, truly made me ashamed.

This country fancies itself a/the world leader...just not buying it anymore.
Related

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Every time I hear him speak I can't help but be reminded of the Family Guy episode where Peter tries to get into MENSA but learns he is actually mentally retarded.
Mensa is overrated. Buncha weirdos... weirder than me!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The corruption has not only already started but is in the wide open. At work so my google-fu and linking is limited for now but these are the sequence of events.

• Boeing Commercial Aircraft CEO criticized Trump during primaries.
  • Trump wins, says he wants to cancel Air Force 1 orders
  • BCA CEO surprisingly retires.
  • Boeing donates $1 million to Trump's inauguration
  • Boeing Corporate CEO meets with Trump, says they are all on the same page in regards to AF1
Its pay to play folks. Those with large sums of money pony-up and get in line.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Members that I have known have tended towards the right wing nut job end of the spectrum...
You can cite me as a counterexample. I did all their tests, joined 'em in Seattle for kicks, went to their annual local meeting, and thereby found out that I was a veritable social butterfly in comparison to them. I may be a nut job, sure, but few would claim I'm right wing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Help Defend Free Speech from Violent Thugs at Inauguration

We know other patriotic groups, such as Bikers for Trump, and some Three Percenter groups, will also be in attendance in strong numbers in DC, and we will do our best to coordinate with them, but the main focus of this effort will be to have widely dispersed, low-key patriot buddy teams, four-man, and eight-man teams working to spot possible violent criminal activity and to interdict bad guys and protect victims of assault until the police can come to their aid.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"...interdict bad guys and protect victims of assault until the police can come to their aid."

Whose aid? And how do you simple minded fools determine who the bad guys are and who the victims are? You are going to commit assault in order to prevent assault, real or imagined?

And of course, the last paragraph contains an appeal for $$.

FSM damnit, I am so sick of American© tough guy wanna bes.,,,

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm just surprised he hasn't tapped Sarah Palin for a cabinet position. (I wouldn't be surprised if he's tapped her in other positions, because they're both idiots and therefore would probably enjoy the others' company.)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm just surprised he hasn't tapped Sarah Palin for a cabinet position. (I wouldn't be surprised if he's tapped her in other positions, because they're both idiots and therefore would probably enjoy the others' company.)
They already filled secretary of state though...maybe communications czar or something?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

She should lead the national science foundation.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Howthefuckmuch taxpayer $$ is this going to cost?

Edit-
The flyovers will not add to the cost of the inaugural events, Davis said. Friday’s events will serve as training for the pilots, who are required to fly a set number of hours each month “to maintain proficiency.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah no. That isnt even close to accurate. There is training time required to set this up. Mav and Goose just dont jump into the bird, fire it up and fly over D.C to cure the Dumpsters ED. There are fuel costs and support troops to enable the zipper suited sun gods to do their thing, and not all of those personnel and AC are in the DC area. This is a clusterfuck dumpster fire waiting to happen...FSM forbid there is a incident with one of the planes...

Last edited: