Quantcast

///Tuesday GMT\\\

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Symmetry is off. Hmfph.
Skied yesterday with friends, we need snow but much fun was had.
Car wasn't running smoothly, I guess I need to get that checked.
Coffee and a ton of work today, gotta get a final bit for my SS gift and ship too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmm....ticketed entry for going to the sun road again this year.....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Still raining and windy out. Gotta make a morning transport from Pleasanton to Stanford Medical Center in San Mateo County at 0830. Should be loads of fun going across the bay on the San Mateo Bridge in these conditions. If its too windy I will need to take the land route though San Jose Oh joy

But first I must consume the all important Espresso

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
how’s the squeaky car after lubing every orifice repeatedly?

/me is working this morning from home, but annoyingly this also includes noon conference today instead of wrapping up around 11

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In good news the sunset is later today than it was yesterday, so more time to sneak in rides after work before it's too dark.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Work is workin. Coffee is delicious. Realized I never completed my claim for paternity leave benefits, so I'll have a decent holiday "bonus" coming my way shortly.

Doing a pre-closing walk through later. Going to grab some measurements and start preparing ourselves for getting things move-in ready.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh I am feeling the winter blues today (lets be real, longer than just today) or maybe its just straight up depression.

Need to really get on top of some things, personally and here at work. We have a plant shutdown for the week after Christmas, which I am looking forward to. Not really looking forward to some of chaos that the holidays bring.

:panic:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
how’s the squeaky car after lubing every orifice repeatedly?

/me is working this morning from home, but annoyingly this also includes noon conference today instead of wrapping up around 11
Still squeaky. I think it's coming from the drain or something in front of the windshield. When I use the windshield washers repeatedly, it stops squeaking, and my psyche is at ease...but then it dries by the drive home and again I am tormented. I guess i'll try blasting some silicone spray in that tray to see if it will help. Not sure what else to do. Seems like my MPG is going up from how slippery my car is though.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
How many miles did you run before the poop delay?
NONE! I drove five minutes down to the rail trail, only to get there and realize I had some unfinished business, so I drove back home to take care of that, then drove back down to the trail. 15 minutes round trip, probably cost me a couple of extra run miles since I need to be done by 7:00 AM on these office days.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Back pain is back. woke me up at 6:30.

kid has sniffles. no fever and no cough, so he still went to school, but I will be going to pick up a home test, just in case.

sunny and mild here today, so there's that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley bot her first investments this morning. Moved $185 from her savings account and bot AAPL and MSFT.

Also told her she's 8th to Hadley's 4th in kid karts this morning and after her swoon of knowing where she's at (she's been asking non-stop and finding where she sits weekly), she got this evil look in her eyes. Somebody's got a rabbit...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Haley bot her first investments this morning. Moved $185 from her savings account and bot AAPL and MSFT.

Also told her she's 8th to Hadley's 4th in kid karts this morning and after her swoon of knowing where she's at (she's been asking non-stop and finding where she sits weekly), she got this evil look in her eyes. Somebody's got a rabbit...
WUT? No yolo on AMC via robinhood like all the other millennial's and Gen Z/Alphas?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
WUT? No yolo on AMC via robinhood like all the other millennial's and Gen Z/Alphas?
It's her money, her UTMA/UGMA acct. I let her make the decision. I helped guide her - initially she wanted Barbie (Mattel). So I walked through looking at bigger picture explained growth, profit, earnings, etc. So she used Google to rsch what was the most profitable and highest earning companies for the last few years. Decided they had the most appearances and chose those.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
It's her money, her UTMA/UGMA acct. I let her make the decision. I helped guide her - initially she wanted Barbie (Mattel). So I walked through looking at bigger picture explained growth, profit, earnings, etc. So she used Google to rsch what was the most profitable and highest earning companies for the last few years. Decided they had the most appearances and chose those.
Solid due diligence

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
as a former mattel employee.... :rofl:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Because of work I was in close contact to a person that tested positive 3 days later. PCR test taken, awaiting results. No symptoms, so my hope is the person picked it up after we met.