Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Has anyone had a mole or something similar removed? Did you just go to a walk in clinic for it? They just freeze it and zip it off, any ouchies?
Yeah, plenty. For a wart, liquid N2 is the way to go. It stings but not as much as you might think. I also had a mole removed that my PCP suspected could be cancerous and they did it with either novacaine or LN2, can't remember which. Then he literally took a razor blade and sliced it off. Slapped a bandaid on and I was out the door. The derm has a little Stanley thermos of LN2 he totes around.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Drugs started this am. Don't feel great. Definitely more tired and nauseous. I was told to expect this though. By pure luck, most of my day cancelled so it's not impacting me too much. I stand all day and I am definitely struggling energy-wise for that.

Otherwise, League tonight.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still sick. Kid wants to skip school and ski for her bday. I want to but fear it will make me more sick.
You have a friend that can go skiing? Sometimes just a guardian unit on the hill is what you need. Even if you're sick and can't ski, calling in a friend might still make her bday.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
You have a friend that can go skiing? Sometimes just a guardian unit on the hill is what you need. Even if you're sick and can't ski, calling in a friend might still make her bday.
unfortunately no. I will probably take her anyways and just ski for a few hours.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I just found out go-ride.com exists again. Weren't they out of business forever? And wasn't the owner some downhill guy of note back in the 20-aughts?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Getting the new car tuned up with software. There’s a bug fix rollout that I’m eligible for, and I decided that I’m gonna get the Polestar upgrade. I didn’t think I’d need/want the sporty shifting of the Polestar but I keep thinking about the test drive car that had it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I just found out go-ride.com exists again. Weren't they out of business forever? And wasn't the owner some downhill guy of note back in the 20-aughts?
I don't know if they went/are out of business. I thought they just stopped selling online?

I bought a frame from there in 2008ish.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
That could be it, for sure. From my vantage on the Internet it looked like they were out of biz, but I have no idea. I still have a set of their flat crowns on my Marzo 888 2005 works. (which I was running on a bike up till last year!)

MD

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Has anyone had a mole or something similar removed? Did you just go to a walk in clinic for it? They just freeze it and zip it off, any ouchies?
Yes, had one cut out with a big scary knife then sutured with a lawn dart. If it’s on your face go to a plastic surgeon if you don’t want a scar. Dermatologist for all others.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
League tonight: 1st in qualifying; 1st in final. Slightly different structure, since it was so crowded again. They broke into three qualifying heats and three finals instead of two and two. The qualifying times were much more normal and the race groups were much more equal. Haley's group was stupid fast and filled with the "normal" league kids, so lots of good racing. Didn't finish until 9:15, but that's a cost the normal league families all seem to be okay with as a consequence to get proper races.

So ADHD drugs today... Pretty rough start. I got a shit ton more accomplished than usual, including stuff the I would normally just deflect on and/or ignore. Had what would have been a pretty spirited conversation between depts, but managed to be the level headed one, because I wasn't interrupting people and actually listening to full arguments before responding. Did a couple more technically heavily tasks that are easy for me, but are still rather time consuming, in about half the normal amount of time. So in summary - they are starting to work, even at initial and low dosage.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So ADHD drugs today... Pretty rough start. I got a shit ton more accomplished than usual, including stuff the I would normally just deflect on and/or ignore. Had what would have been a pretty spirited conversation between depts, but managed to be the level headed one, because I wasn't interrupting people and actually listening to full arguments before responding. Did a couple more technically heavily tasks that are easy for me, but are still rather time consuming, in about half the normal amount of time. So in summary - they are starting to work, even at initial and low dosage.
methamphetamines are fucking amazing aren't they?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
my wife had a skin tag removed. laser I think. she needed to be referred to the clinic, but then it was a 15 minute job. not covered by OHIP though... I guess it's considered cosmetic surgery?!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
my wife had a skin tag removed. laser I think. she needed to be referred to the clinic, but then it was a 15 minute job. not covered by OHIP though... I guess it's considered cosmetic surgery?!
Maybe skin tags fall under one of those categories where it might be deemed a nuisance, but not really a health risk?

Did your insurance cover it? I assume it wasn't much..(actually my assumption is probably wrong.. :busted: )

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have some news

UPAC name

• (3R)-N-Methyl-3-(2-methylphenoxy)-3-phenylpropan-1-amine
and chemically that does not classify is as an amphetamine (which is α-methylphenethylamine / (RS)-1-phenylpropan-2-amine per your link)

adderall is a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, is a stimulant, is classified as an amphetamine, and is handled as a controlled substance. atomoxetine is classified as an selective norepinephrine inhibitor (SNRI), is not a stimulant, and is not handled as a controlled substance

not only are you wrong, you're getting as pedantic as syadasti.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Amines are just a NH3 group, no? They do not define the beast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
and chemically that does not classify is as an amphetamine (which is α-methylphenethylamine / (RS)-1-phenylpropan-2-amine per your link)

adderall is a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, is a stimulant, is classified as an amphetamine, and is handled as a controlled substance. atomoxetine is classified as an selective norepinephrine inhibitor (SNRI), is not a stimulant, and is not handled as a controlled substance

not only are you wrong, you're getting as pedantic as syadasti.
whatever you say bud, it's still got an amine arm attached to a carbon chain

quit being a little bitch I'm actually trying to discuss the similarities, an important one there is

eVeRyThInG i dOnT lIKe iS sYaDaStI

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
by this logic an ebike is a bike because it has cranks derailluer and a cassette.
I have a degree in biochemistry, one I sought specifically because of an in interest in drugs

you sell crutches

so I'll say it again, quit being a little bitch

All I did was post the upac name, I never said it was a methamphetamine, dumbass.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
guys, I think the snau may be making woo grumpy. more grumpy than usual, I mean