Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Three....three things. That's all of the tasks I managed to get done yesterday at work. Distractions and shiny objects everywhere!! Errrmergerrrd!

It is a rainy morning that is better suited for staying in bed, but I don't have that choice - gotta go make that dollar, y'all.

Go be the change. :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Zucchini Bread is in the oven, hot coffee in my hand and I'm heading in to sub this afternoon...today will be a good day!

I have been getting a bunch of messages from my students saying how much they miss me and how weird it is not having band in their schedule but they can't bring themselves to go to my room knowing I'm not there. It's been wearing on me & breaking my heart. I love that they miss me, but it's time for me to move on! Here's to new things!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 2018 Boston Marathon registration opened yesterday for the fast people. It's the first time I've qualified, but I don't get to register until next Monday, and only if there are spots left (there will be). And then I have to wait to see if I was fast enough to get accepted. I ran 2:21 under the cutoff time, but people who were faster get in first until it rolls down to me and that process continues until the race is full. I am guessing I'll get in, and the cutoff will be around 90 seconds. It's not enough to run a qualifying time any more. Now you have to run a qualifying time with room to spare. This is the only marathon that you have to earn your way in. That's why it's great. All the others you just sign up for.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Woof, yesterday was an expensive day for me. ordered up a new camp stove (Partner), new coilovers for my truck (Kings), and a fridge/freezer for camper round #2 (Dometic). Now I just have to patiently wait for these goodies to present themselves.

Gonna go get a quote on re-doing our kitchen countertops this evening. I am going to request that they do it all, I've done enough on this house.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
'Mornin. Due to parent-teacher meetings on Thursday, I will be riding tonight. weather is crisp and cool, sunny and dry. it's going to be a good ride.

falling back into old bad habits commuting on the bike. running for lights, cutting it too close, trying to go too fast. a) I get to work sweaty this way and that's not good, and b) it's not worth getting hit or getting a fine. Must. calm. down. it's not a race, it's a commute. and to top it off, it's a beautiful commute, so I should just relax and enjoy it. the last time I worked on this side of the river, I was almost killed twice by aggressive drivers, was fined twice for running red lights, saw countless other people get fined for riding their bikes on the sidewalk on the bridge, and my old boss was hit twice riding his bike, one of those times being off work for 10 months and spending 2 of those months in the hospital. Quebec drivers...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tuesday. Hmmm.

Spent last night sitting in the sun cleaning the rest of the clay off the DH bike and drinking beer. I even managed to crawl into bed at 9pm.

This work crap is crap. I plan on going riding tonight.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Tested out the new (to us) tag along bike with my son last night. We only rode it for about 10 min since it was getting dark out but he liked it a lot and kept saying how fun it was. Hopefully this will jump start his interest in biking since until now he hadn't paid much attention to his own kids size bike.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
3 of us on schedule today. 1 of the 3 (the one who should retire already) called in sick with a headache.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

At least it isn't Monday, but my Tuesdays are actually worse than my Monday due to meeting schedules. I love having a status meeting weekly when the project status hasn't changed on a weekly basis. I have a bi-weekly meeting that is essentially the same deal.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
derpy derp doy

networks down. servers racks are prolly dripping with jizz.

in other news. My family got to go back home today to Ft. Meyers. Hoping they fared well.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Luckily I was not impacted by that awful leak - according to them - not sure how I feel about trusting that information. :disgust:

I love having a status meeting weekly when the project status hasn't changed on a weekly basis. I have a bi-weekly meeting that is essentially the same deal.
I have these bi-weekly executive meetings where I have to report our product strategy, GTM plan for the whole year and several quarters of roadmap again and again, obviously without any significant changes happening between. :banghead:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Luckily I was not impacted by that awful leak - according to them - not sure how I feel about trusting that information. :disgust:
Unless your a planning on buying a car, a house, or opening a credit card account, you can place a free, 90 day "fraud alert" hold on your SS#. I wouldn't trust Equifax's word at all at this point.

This Reddit thread has some good advice in it. Just click on, or call one of the credit agencies and it should place the 90 day hold on all three. I did this for both the wife and I, took maybe ten minutes. A full on freeze takes more time and a small amount of $, unless you can prove your identity has been stolen, then it's free.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
JFC... is that a valid excuse?

Maybe it was a migraine?
Tenure = No f@cks to give...
She's a full Professor but does not have tenure. That's an extra step beyond full. For us radiologists tenure also is largely meaningless: it only guarantees the portion of our salary paid out by the university (instead of the professional group that handles the medical billing). That portion is less than 20% of total compensation, so not really meaningful.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yeah... you're not gonna wanna trust that information.

I have these bi-weekly executive meetings where I have to report our product strategy, GTM plan for the whole year and several quarters of roadmap again and again, obviously without any significant changes happening between. :banghead:
Ahhhh, yes - the map that says we're goin' nowhere.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Unless your a planning on buying a car, a house, or opening a credit card account, you can place a free, 90 day "fraud alert" hold on your SS#. I wouldn't trust Equifax's word at all at this point.

This Reddit thread has some good advice in it. Just click on, or call one of the credit agencies and it should place the 90 day hold on all three. I did this for both the wife and I, took maybe ten minutes. A full on freeze takes more time and a small amount of $, unless you can prove your identity has been stolen, then it's free.
I wish there was a way to adequately express how much I hate Equifax. They have at every turn proven themselves to be personally, and corporatively, a gigantic piece of shit. What burns me the most though is that they will see no fallout from this, short of Congress getting together and doing something there is no way for us little guys to stop giving them business.

In short, fuck them and everything they stand to represent.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning..... Someone shat in my pants!!!!

IMG_20170912_094910776_2.jpg
IMG_20170912_094913135_2.jpg
IMG_20170912_094910776.jpg
IMG_20170912_094904246.jpg
IMG_20170912_094913135.jpg
IMG_20170912_095040860.jpg
for those not putting two and two together to get five..... Them there are bear tracks and an empty can of spray.....

Buying new can now, and changing my draws

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I wish there was a way to adequately express how much I hate Equifax. They have at every turn proven themselves to be personally, and corporatively, a gigantic piece of shit. What burns me the most though is that they will see no fallout from this, short of Congress getting together and doing something there is no way for us little guys to stop giving them business.

In short, fuck them and everything they stand to represent.
Totally agree. We got new credit card and they didn't stop or hold the application. Then ee just bought a house and they made it near impossible to unfreeze our credit. Now this data leak. Fuck them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

My shit got leaked. locked'em up. Doesn't look like there was any activity.

Now if I could get my own shit to leak. stupid painkillers.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
For a month now I have been on a weekly meeting for the anti-virus project. They still haven't picked who we are going with. I am IT Service Validation, if you haven't even chosen a service yet, there is nothing to validate. Last meeting I straight up said "call me once you know what you want to build, then I will plan to test it. Otherwise, I have better things to do"

It didn't go over as well as I would have liked (the project manager is my bosses sister), but the point was made. :rofl:

Last edited: