Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Repainted and reorganized our guest room to be our youngest's new bedroom (bigger than her old nursery/bedroom) last week and weekend. She is over the moon excited to have a real big girl room. Now I need to finish setting up her old room as our guest room, but today I am teaching 5th grade so more coffee it is!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Lubed my shock last night. Like with the fork, it gets easier every time you do it. I don't even need instructions any more!

Kids slept through the night but I woke up at 5:40 (as I have been for the past 3 weeks...:wtf:). Oh well, it's better than the kids waking up and getting up at 5:30...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello. I have the donkey bike on the car, in hopes of squeezing in a ride tonight.

Damn, Transition really needs get that bike to me. At what point do my follow-ups turn into annoyances and they put me on the ignore list? :busted:

Also booked Friday off to go ride some DH. It better not freakin' rain. @mykel

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up until 12 last night doing repairs and maintenance in preparation for listing this Thursday. Woke up to a "congratulations you are under contract" email. More work to deal with today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hopefully buying a cheap DJ later, mailbox is 1/4 mile from my house so plenty of distance to practice learning to manual for more than 3 yards and better bunny hop technique :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Got back from my Canada yesterday. I finished my 4th half ironman Sunday. I had hopes of finishing around 4:50, but it took me 5:27. Just a brutally hot day...pure misery on that run. The heat index was in the 90's. It's the first time I can remember not caring about how fast I was going or what the clock said. I just wanted to finish. Total survival mode on the 13 mile run. The run alone took me 2:06 and is the slowest half marathon I've ever run. I still finished top 25% overall (206/863), so it wasn't a total disaster.

On the plus side, I averaged 20.8 mph for the 56 mile bike. Totally flat course which actually wore me out. With no hills, there was no rest or recovery for the legs. Constant pedaling for 56 miles.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Under contract before the listing?
We have the ability to carry both houses for about 6 months without calling in a parental favor (which we have pre-approved) and can rent the old house at the cost of our new mortgage if necessary. Avg days on market here is less than 5. I'm not concerned.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Hopefully buying a cheap DJ later, mailbox is 1/4 mile from my house so plenty of distance to practice learning to manual for more than 3 yards and better bunny hop technique :D
Doooo eeeeeett. Just tweaked mine a little last night. Picked up the other day for $150. Threw some Maxxis Holy Rollers on it, removed the front brake since it sucked, re-greased and adjusted the rear hub, removed the old school bash guard and adjusted the rear brake. It's pretty fun and feels way more comfortable than my bmx. I'll prob end up looking around for a bit longer frame.

My manuals have already been getting better, even on my other bikes. The key thing has just been getting out to practice and the other huge thing is dropping my heels. Feels awkward at first but makes a huge difference.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning!

Head still hurts real bad. How long is that supposed to last anyway? I don't like this fog, I don't like it one bit! Also, I have t-Rex mobility in my right arm. I know it will get better soon, so it kinda cracks me up... except when I need something off the top shelf and I'm home alone all day! Ha! No, that's kinda funny too.

I need a job.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I have a stack of meetings today and none of them I am looking forward to. Some might turn out better than others, but I won't get my hopes up. I hope to stay awake at this point.

I plan to start my RC car from scratch build tonight. I bought a stack of upgrade parts for what is usually an RTR buggy and rather than upgrade, I decided to build it fully upgraded from scratch since I don't have the buggy to upgrade

I have pictures of how it is supposed to go together, but since this isn't a kit, there are no instructions. :rofl:

But if I manage to get it all together, it could be really awesome.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
for extra bonus ass-kicking fun do the "inner loop" once you finish pilot (turn left on 1206, left onto Pilot Cove-Slate Rock, quick right onto Pilot Cove Loop - climb, climb, climb - right back onto Pilot Cove-Slate Rock. then left onto 1206 again back to the base of Laurel!
Always the inner loop, obviously :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning!

Head still hurts real bad. How long is that supposed to last anyway? I don't like this fog, I don't like it one bit! Also, I have t-Rex mobility in my right arm. I know it will get better soon, so it kinda cracks me up... except when I need something off the top shelf and I'm home alone all day! Ha! No, that's kinda funny too.

I need a job.

Hydrate, rest and layoff the booze.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
@Pesqueeb, time to release the hounds??

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article173953566.html

A ‘Mad Pooper’ is on the run in Colorado, and police are on her tail
BY LISA GUTIERREZ
SEPTEMBER 18, 2017 12:35 PM

A Colorado neighborhood is raising a stink over a jogger who keeps defecating around the houses — even in front of children.

Neighbors have nicknamed her the “Mad Pooper,” and they’ve asked police to make this squatter stop.

The woman has been leaving No. 2s for nearly two months now, according to The Gazette in Colorado Springs.

You can’t make this (bleep) up.

“There’s a lady taking a poop!” Cathy Budde’s children told her one day at the beginning of the defecation drama.

When Budde went outside, she caught the woman — mid-squat, pants down — pooping outside her house, Budde told KKTV in Colorado Springs.

Are you really taking a poop right here in front of kids, an incredulous Budde asked her.

“Yeah, sorry!” the woman answered.

Now the runner poops at least once a week around the neighborhood, Budde told the TV station, which showed a soiled napkin lying on the ground.

The “Mad Pooper” comes prepared.

“It’s abnormal, it’s not something I’ve seen in my career,” Sgt. Jonathan Sharketti of the Colorado Springs Police Department told the TV station. “For someone to repeatedly do such a thing ... it’s uncharted territory for me.”

In May, surveillance footage and social media led Colorado Springs police to a man who defecated on the porch of his dead ex-girlfriend out of revenge, according to KKTV.

Budde said a nearby park has porta-potties and a convenience store close by also has bathrooms, so she’s not sure why the woman won’t quit the drive-by dumps.

The police asked Budde to photograph the woman to help identify her.

View image on Twitter

The runner could face charges of indecent exposure and public defecation, police said.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
So far today is shaping up to be a rad day. Ate a venison breakfast burrito that I made. Came into work for a few hours. Left work to go ride the closest trail network to Acadia National Park. They are called the Kiski Trails and they are in Dedham ME and they are super awesome. Now I am back at work eating lunch.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Blowing snow and rain across 80. Its a good time to be moving on. It's a blizzard up here!

Boise night riding is always a good way to stretch the legs out, yippie!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
@Pesqueeb, time to release the hounds??

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article173953566.html

A ‘Mad Pooper’ is on the run in Colorado, and police are on her tail
BY LISA GUTIERREZ
SEPTEMBER 18, 2017 12:35 PM

“There’s a lady taking a poop!” Cathy Budde’s children told her one day at the beginning of the defecation drama.

The runner could face charges of indecent exposure and public defecation, police said.
I'd hit it. /obligatory