Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Need to replace my rear tire today. That will mean I will need to try out the new one in the woods after my work is complete. I better get to it.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

First time I ever saw Tom Petty was at the local amphitheater in college, where my fraternity was working the concession stand as a fundraiser. It was during his "Don't Come Around Here No More" tour....We took a break and went out to listen to one of his first tunes in the set. Our uniforms gave us a little better access than just the lawn seats, so getting a bit closer, we got to see the Alice in Wonderland creatures running around on stage - it was mayhem and we loved it. Kept promising ourselves we would go back after just one more tune. We never went back and got fired from ever being able to do fundraisers there again. I think it was worth it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
kids are back to being a fucking nightmare again. I'm loosing my shit at least once a day. I don't think it helps (loosing my shit), but I'm having a hard time keeping it together. I've got to get this shit figured out fast, it's not sustainable.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
kids are back to being a fucking nightmare again. I'm loosing my shit at least once a day. I don't think it helps (loosing my shit), but I'm having a hard time keeping it together. I've got to get this shit figured out fast, it's not sustainable.
Sell them on ebay for parts.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Last night one of the puppies jumped up onto the bed, little spooned herself into me and fell asleep with her head on my arm. I could have died.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Agree loosing your shit is not good you gotta stay cool but I know it's not easy. I have had my challenges this year with the move to Denmark and trying to get some manners into the boys which was neglected when the nanny took care of them.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am very good at saying things. Just not very good at doing the things I say I am going to do. If enough time goes by. I can usually find a very compelling reason to not do anything. Poor planning on your part does not constitute a reason for me to do things.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Found a job I'm actually interested in last night with the Dept. of Parks and Rec. in the neighboring town. An admin position, but a foot in the door. There is a project manager position I really wanted, but experience in P&R is required. Just waiting for the library to open so I can use their Microsoft Office....

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Found a job I'm actually interested in last night with the Dept. of Parks and Rec. in the neighboring town. An admin position, but a foot in the door. There is a project manager position I really wanted, but experience in P&R is required. Just waiting for the library to open so I can use their Microsoft Office....
google docs

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
one of our cats does this to me most nights.
Then why are you so grumpy?
That jacked up my resume formatting when I sent it to a former boss. At least it was a former boss and not a potential employer!
Export to PDF. Check how it looks. Then email.

I am at work. Worked 8 AM-10 PM yesterday for extra $$$$, then rode home, practiced trumpet in the garage from 10:45-11:15, then right back at it today again.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
GLGL!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
paging @Toshi ... can you tell me anything about "gamma knife radiosurgery"? one of the ladies who leads the local playgroups and daycare services here, that I've known since my son was a baby was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain last spring. I saw her yesterday for the first time in 6 months. She told me she underwent this procedure. The way she tells it, it's very precise... and I wondered why it's not used more often... Is it a cost thing? that the technology is new(ish)?, that it doesn't work for all types of cancers? or that it's not really all that effective, but maybe her only option?

I really like her a lot, she's always been compassionate, friendly and a great resource. I'm hoping this works out for her...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
With your experience sad skills, I thought you might be a good candidate for a small mortgage originator, although there likely would be a lot of learning of the industry specifics involved.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
paging @Toshi ... can you tell me anything about "gamma knife radiosurgery"? one of the ladies who leads the local playgroups and daycare services here, that I've known since my son was a baby was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain last spring. I saw her yesterday for the first time in 6 months. She told me she underwent this procedure. The way she tells it, it's very precise... and I wondered why it's not used more often... Is it a cost thing? that the technology is new(ish)?, that it doesn't work for all types of cancers? or that it's not really all that effective, but maybe her only option?

I really like her a lot, she's always been compassionate, friendly and a great resource. I'm hoping this works out for her...
Very expensive. Not all tumor types respond to it. As a general rule, if people offering it advertise on radio for it it's probably not supported by evidence. For brain stem tumors and the like, though, I think it is standard--not super familiar with that as it's outside of my subspecialty (both the radiation and the region of the body).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

certain procedures require a very specific kind of diagnosis in order to be a viable option.