Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good Morning!!

Drizzly ride in today...all cars participating in said commute were on their best behavior. 4 more days left here, and many folks have "consciously de-coupled" from interactions with me - not in a malicious way, just one of those "..Well, you're not going to be here anymore, so I need to start adjusting to your absence" kind of ways....that's so cute...

Drank a little Scotch and picked some tunes last night with the fellas - scotch was a ten year lowland Ardbeg that tasted much better than its mild decade of incarceration in a barrel would suggest. I've really been into building these wood cajon drums lately, so I brought a few of them to the session and they sounded really good mic'ed up.

Just frittering away the day...if you need me, I'll call you.
Post some pics of the cajons! I haven’t gotten one yet...maybe I should build one!

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Happy fucking equinox!!!!! This is one of my favorite pagan holidays. Second to the winter feast and killing of a tree. Today the family and I will have our offerings to Ostera, aka the easter bunnies boss or friend. I cant keep track of what my 5 year old thinks. Then lamb stew and a bonfire. I have a bunch of 4x4's from pallets im gunna stack up into a trump tower with my trump pinata in front of it or on top of it and burn it until it falls. Oh and drink a bunch of beer and smoke weed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Maple syrup! Decided to try it this year. Pretty easy (so far) & now I get to day drink and not feel too bad about it lol!
my cousin in maine (retired) still makes his own syrup and taps the trees on their wood lot. its great but holy hell do you need a lot of sap

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
What is that aboot? Aren't you livin' in the Canaduh, eh?
well, just trying to be nice to my 'murican brethren. Also trying to make it so they can understand. :D

lunch ride is done, and it was glorious. worth it, even if I got out 1 hour late and got back in the office at 2:30!

Pink at lunch.JPG

too bad they don't have mountains to ski on. that would be soooo miserable.

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Yup! We have anough sap for about a gallon. We booked a bit on Saturday/Sunday and today. It takes time but the fire is keeping me warm and I have had time to do some chores around the house too so win-win so far.
This honestly sounds like a really good time. I love cooking food out on my wood burning stove in the shed. I usually catch a good buzz too.

So this morning had a bit of excitement. My sister arrives to work at the same time as me and tells me that one of our tenants has like 5 cop cars at it. So i send my security guy over there to see whats up. Already knowing that my tenant owes a guy money that has come by and threatened him. Turns out it was that guy, and hes a pretty bad guy, probably in a gang, known as "chollo" just did six years for breaking a guys jaw while stealing his lug nut covers. Now is threatening to kill this guy and the cops got him in the act with a pistol on him. Apparently saying hes got bazookas and grenades. I got this info from several sources. My tenant sends over one of his workers to tell me about it. Well he tells me the guy comes by and sells parts, my first question was where does a tweaker in a nice truck get used parts? Worker replies "I dont know". But I think i might know. Heard from another little bird guy owes him 20k. Not enough for me to want some prison time over but what the fuck do i know. I just know we got lucky today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Snow is flying but roads are fine. Debating going climbing later before things get bad. But also considering starting drinking. I have some wood to split so that's kinda like exercise.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Dealing with Drunky McDrunkington is getting old. Had to cut him loose today.... He asked me why I won't give him a key. His Mom won't give him a fucking key??

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Cold and wet here in Angryland, perfect for another trip to the dentist. The last three were all on the only sunny days of the month.

One of the dentists is actually a mountain biker. Haven't met him yet but couldn't help but think about RM and Dentist bikes.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Dealing with Drunky McDrunkington is getting old. Had to cut him loose today.... He asked me why I won't give him a key. His Mom won't give him a fucking key??
maybe he was thinking “bros before hos?” unless it’s your brother...then he’s just a dick
is good? have seen but not acquired.

did score a seasonal coffee porter that’s long gone from most places by now at the local gas station beer cave. so that’s a win...