Quantcast

-$Turdsday GMT$-

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Morning. Gonna take a half today so I can ride before rains and cold move in. On a side note they opened a Popeyes Chicken down the road and the line to get in stretched 1/2 mile down the road and then people were waiting over an hour to place an order. Seriously?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I don't get it. Popeyes had chicken sandwiches forever. Why the hype now?

Id wait for one of those hot chicken sandwiches scrublover makes, for fast food?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My GF is off on Holiday so I'm alone in our flat. 3AM i wake up because I hear someone turned on the light. I get a heart attack thinking I didn't lock the door and someone is in the house. Apparently no. It's just cats running around and accidentally bumping into the switch.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dog was not impressed just before 10PM last night when I had her outside before bed. Mid-crap a mountain lion shrieked a couple of hundred yards away.

Then 3 times in the night dog went nuts barking at something outside. Today is going to be a long day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I don't get it. Popeyes had chicken sandwiches forever. Why the hype now?

Id wait for one of those hot chicken sandwiches scrublover makes, for fast food?
Yeah what... I don't think I've gone to popeyes and NOT had the sandwich.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not sure what sandwiches you all were having but these ones (Original and Spicy) only were released in August of this year, and then sold out in two weeks, returning again this past Sunday.

/me ate one yesterday but has steak to eat today. Oh, and cheesecake—again to be eaten for Science!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
First snow fall here in the schitty of Toronto.

So of course, I get rear ended in rush hour traffic while stopped at a red light. What the flying fuck people, pay attention! Luckily it was low speed, so my folded up back rack took the impact and has no damage. Unfortunately, her brand new 2019 Lexus now has a hole punch into the shitty plastic grill, conveniently shaped like the end of my back rack.

So advice time. There is absolutely no damage to my car, as far as I can tell right now. I took her name, number, pictures of the damage to the front of her car (with plates in same picture) and also took a picture of her insurance slip. She declined to take any of my info, not even my name.

Should I file a collision report with the police department or let her/my insurance know? Do I find damage later to my back rack and try to get cash from her to pay for the repair or replacement? Or nothing?

Curiously, the name on the insurance slip is not her. Its lists "Zhou Ronger and Toyota Credit Canada INC blah blah address". The address is a house and not Toyota Credit Canada. What kind of fuckery is that?

ALSO.........

Attended the local meeting last night regarding one of the local forests. It was more of an information presentation and not an actual meeting. The conservation authority is going to remove over half of the trails, which really sucks. A few of us questioned them on what the reasoning is for removing trails that involved zero tree removal, but a few years ago they plowed a 2-3 meter wide gravel path through the forest, cutting down countless trees. Their response was literally "well yeah uhhhhhhhh.....". Fuckery man, fuckery.

Time for some damn coffee.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not sure what sandwiches you all were having but these ones (Original and Spicy) only were released in August of this year, and then sold out in two weeks, returning again this past Sunday.

/me ate one yesterday but has steak to eat today. Oh, and cheesecake—again to be eaten for Science!
Canada's popeyes is obviously way ahead of the game here. :busted:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So of course, I get rear ended in rush hour traffic while stopped at a red light. What the flying fuck people, pay attention! Luckily it was low speed, so my folded up back rack took the impact and has no damage. Unfortunately, her brand new 2019 Lexus now has a hole punch into the shitty plastic grill, conveniently shaped like the end of my back rack.

So advice time. There is absolutely no damage to my car, as far as I can tell right now. I took her name, number, pictures of the damage to the front of her car (with plates in same picture) and also took a picture of her insurance slip. She declined to take any of my info, not even my name.

Should I file a collision report with the police department or let her/my insurance know? Do I find damage later to my back rack and try to get cash from her to pay for the repair or replacement? Or nothing?

Curiously, the name on the insurance slip is not her. Its lists "Zhou Ronger and Toyota Credit Canada INC blah blah address". The address is a house and not Toyota Credit Canada. What kind of fuckery is that?
i dunno how things work in Canadia but here in America the appropriate response would have been to shoot her car and put it out of it's misery, then gotten Popeye's

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

ALSO.........

Attended the local meeting last night regarding one of the local forests. It was more of an information presentation and not an actual meeting. The conservation authority is going to remove over half of the trails, which really sucks. A few of us questioned them on what the reasoning is for removing trails that involved zero tree removal, but a few years ago they plowed a 2-3 meter wide gravel path through the forest, cutting down countless trees. Their response was literally "well yeah uhhhhhhhh.....". Fuckery man, fuckery.

I'd do the file a collision report thing so at least it's on record in case she has a sudden case of whiplash or tries to report you as leaving the scene without giving her your info.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
first real snow, meah, to damn early.
:stupid:

In fact, I'm refusing to ride the fatty just out of principle. hrmph.

Also, would up ordering Conti ContactViking 7s, but they aren't scheduled to arrive until Saturday...

Also also need to install my winter tires (45Nrth Xerxes) on my commuter. It wasn't too bad this morning, but it's supposed to stay cold for the forseeable future, so it's going to get icy in spots...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
How long do you have to fast to after that?^
Heh. This week and probably next I've only been fasting 14 hours, as my carb test experiments have been at 9 AM. Science! (I also have been stable in weight on this regimen--will go to something more aggressive for the last push until testing day on Dec 18 after this series of experiments is over.)

Mornin!

Wearing a Tyvek suit, in a confined space, with spiders crawling all over me. Blech.
@mandown Isn't this your fetish, eh? Or at least one of them?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

ALSO.........

I'd call my insurance company and report it to them. Then they have the info, are aware of the accident, and should you need repairs, they should pay you and go after her insurer. At least that's how it works out here. I had something relatively similar happen to me out here- somebody failed to yield and clipped the back half of my car. Got her info, called my insurer, had it repaired, and my insurer sued (or whatever) hers for money. I had to do nothing besides drop off my car and collect the driver's info.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
had a physical this morning, they measured me at 6' so I'm pretty stoked that my BMI goal has been totally shifted :D also I'm healthy and have a new script for migraines, so that's cool. It's my second to last day and I'm going to miss my work buddy. He's a cool dude and it was nice to ride this crazy train with him and not some other douche.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Firewood delivery yesterday, perfectly timed to miss the last of daylight savings time. Have a date to gather more this weekend. The lady wants to dose & go hit some museums down in the big dirty D. That's cool but now I don't get to go slide on snow.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
had a physical this morning, they measured me at 6' so I'm pretty stoked that my BMI goal has been totally shifted :D also I'm healthy and have a new script for migraines, so that's cool. It's my second to last day and I'm going to miss my work buddy. He's a cool dude and it was nice to ride this crazy train with him and not some other douche.
It would seem there is something wrong lately with doctors' height measuring scales. I was measured at 5'11.5" a few weeks ago, which means I have grown an inch since last year. EXPLAIN THIS SHIT, @Toshi !

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It would seem there is something wrong lately with doctors' height measuring scales. I was measured at 5'11.5" a few weeks ago, which means I have grown an inch since last year. EXPLAIN THIS SHIT, @Toshi !
Lazy-ass MAs who don't push the ruler thing down atop through your poofy hairdo?!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You've been eating your vegetables or fasting, one or the other...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Getting lots done so far, but it is a mix of fixing what has been built, then deciding if it makes any sense. The HUGE delta is a lack of test cases. Stuff has simply been "tested" with no notes or documentation about what was tested, how, by whom...

Typically you have well laid out manual steps saying this is what you do, how it's done, maybe even why we do it. Automating "all the things" is a stretch in 6 weeks, but maybe not. I have certainly gotten father than expected. :rofl: