Quantcast

(*) Turdsday (*)

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I have the Anova. It works really well and it’s pretty idiot proof. I just bought a square tub with a lid, cut a hole for the Anova and set it up in the sink. I have a Foodsaver that I use to vacuum seal, but been looking pretty seriously at the chamber sealers. Although I have used the ziploc bag submerged in water method too and it works well enough to cook no problem.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Old friends in DEN delivering oldest daughter to college. Met in Castle Rock for teh beerz. Good times. I suspect rest of the week will be lots of driving to/from Denver and shenanigans. :weee:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I've been a fat lazy turd this week and have gained a few pounds while getting more sleep. I regret nothing...it's been a much needed sloth week. I'll be back to running a lot starting this weekend. I've got a marathon in nine weeks.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
sup yo.
a couple kids in the GE building next to mine spend their lunch breaks on their jibbing bikes practicing manuals further increasing my want for a nice hardtail to jib the world on...plus some pump track action.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Right now I am using a janky cooler, a water pump and an electric roasting pan.

If I like how it comes out I will spend the 100 bucks on the stand alone unit that sticks to any bucket/pan.

Really looking forward to the smell that's gonna fill the house when I give it the final sear

Liking this unit here
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071KVJSGQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1506008611&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=sous+vide&dpPl=1&dpID=41ikqGJDH6L&ref=plSrch
My roomamte has a Joule. Ive used it for short ribs, they turned out pretty dank. but i hate how it has no buttons & you have to use the app. lame

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Giddy like a school girl. Whistler trip #2 in T minus 3 days. Only two more days to get through at work. Tuned up and packed the bike. Almost have everything ready to roll.
It snowed there this week. How much longer is their bike season?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
/Quote everyone: blah blah blah :blah: the weather is sooooo warm and wonderful here....:blah:/

I think I'll make a fire tonight. More house cleaning and attempting caulking if it dries out a bit. Correct, it is too wet to caulk.

@kazlx have a blast! we went up once this year, and if I had a job we'd be up there again. Make some runs up top for me! Also, I hear Top of the World is worth the extra $

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Im ready for winter dammit. :(
Yeah, I'm stoked to ski too! Just one more weekend on water before the lake closes, then I'm ready for the snow! It's the in between season that's hard, though I don't mind riding in the mud one bit... or fires in the wood stove! We keep it around 85 in the house year round that way... :weee:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Im ready for winter dammit. :(
:fie:

also, @jonKranked has not complained about his jorb in at leadt a few days...something's not right.

home with kids who don't have school today for some reason. took them to dr. for appts. 7yo had to get a shot. he did not like that. he did not like that at all. gonna go outside and ride bikes with him now...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:fie:

also, @jonKranked has not complained about his jorb in at leadt a few days...something's not right.

home with kids who don't have school today for some reason. took them to dr. for appts. 7yo had to get a shot. he did not like that. he did not like that at all. gonna go outside and ride bikes with him now...
Was in Maine for 2 weeks

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, I'm stoked to ski too! Just one more weekend on water before the lake closes, then I'm ready for the snow! It's the in between season that's hard, though I don't mind riding in the mud one bit... or fires in the wood stove! We keep it around 85 in the house year round that way... :weee:
:crazy:

I keep it 66 in the house during winter. Would go colder but the dog starts to shiver.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You'd be waiting for a few minutes for me at the bottom, I think I'm about 16minutes at my I don't want to die or run anyone over speed. (Enchanted sign to gate at the bottom.)
Ah right... well, this is the part where I tell you that your definition of the start/end of Enchanted to the Gut (while understandable in some sense and certainly respectable) is not the same definition that I use. I go with the most popular Strava segment, which starts right after the first corner of E.F. and ends where the Gut meets the entrance trail i.e. where Argos diverges.

Personally, I would start it where the GiddyUp did, which is a few feet after the sign at top. The Enchanted sign sits in the middle of the clearing right there, and isn't the best start IMO. That first corner should count, dammit! But no way would I sprint all the way to the gate at the bottom... that section of trail always has someone on it... no need for those shenanigans. Giddyup actually ended somewhere above where the Strava segment does... kind of an arbitrary place really.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
"wancle". heh. :D
Old friends in DEN delivering oldest daughter to college.
So no Palmer on Saturday for you?
Also, wasn't that toshi?
I climb indoors only.
I'm way less Asian than Toshi.
And he's not even all that Asian.
I'm half! That counts. I have my quarter-Japanese kids trained to identify as Japanese. "But mommy's not Japanese." Yes, that's right.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So far today I have dropped off the Land Cruiser for a paintless dent repair and polish job, picked up my 5010 (warrantied brake levers--I didn't think they were bad to begin with, new pads front and rear, new DU bushing for shock, and re-trued and -tensioned wheels), made an obligatory appearance for an hour and change at work (visiting lecturer in my subspecialty), and now am hanging out at home with the 4.5 year old as the 2 year old naps.

It'd be a great day if only I didn't sign up to work 5-10 PM tonight.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
icked up my 5010 (warrantied brake levers--I didn't think they were bad to begin with, new pads front and rear, new DU bushing for shock, and re-trued and -tensioned wheels)
Dude, you put a lot of wear and tear on your new bike, how much do you ride? I ride 6-7x week depending on the weather, do 2-2.5k miles/year yet I never had to replace DU bushings on any of my shocks, my brake pads last 3+ years and my wheels stay true despite me being a talentless hack. OTOH, I kill 2-3 sets of tires per season.

In other news, both cars passed state inspection without a hiccup. #stressfulseptember

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Final results.....
IMG_20170921_133325895.jpg
wife unit asked me to add a little more salt, but I believe it was just perfect. Was a little past my liking for done, but that's all adjustable.

Seared on the grill for one minute a side, perfect crust, nice and juicy, super smokey flavor.........

Already ordered an actual unit for next time.......

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talked with Wifey about things to keep Haley busy at home during winter and once rd. 2 shows up. I think I'm going to try and get a climbing wall put up in the basement. Probably 15ft wide, going from vertical to maybe 30* overhang on 5ft lengths (or however wide the plywood sections are). I tried arguing to have it upstairs in the "unused" 4th bedroom that I think should be a gym and storage, but lost that battle.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Talked with Wifey about things to keep Haley busy at home during winter and once rd. 2 shows up. I think I'm going to try and get a climbing wall put up in the basement. Probably 15ft wide, going from vertical to maybe 30* overhang on 5ft lengths (or however wide the plywood sections are). I tried arguing to have it upstairs in the "unused" 4th bedroom that I think should be a gym and storage, but lost that battle.
Metolius has a good guide on construction on their webpage. It's what I followed and it worked well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dude, you put a lot of wear and tear on your new bike, how much do you ride? I ride 6-7x week depending on the weather, do 2-2.5k miles/year yet I never had to replace DU bushings on any of my shocks, my brake pads last 3+ years and my wheels stay true despite me being a talentless hack. OTOH, I kill 2-3 sets of tires per season.
This year I made it out 19 times (will be 20 this weekend) and I do far fewer miles than you, 7-10 miles per pop typically. On the other hand, I'm fat, hit things hard, and those 7-10 miles usually have at least 1400 vertical associated with them, because Colorado.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Number of bikes in the household = N + 1
spec_p26problk_13_z.jpg

Need to get a front brake for it, no barspins in mine or wife's near future.