Quantcast

(*) Turdsday (*)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This year I made it out 19 times (will be 20 this weekend) and I do far fewer miles than you, 7-10 miles per pop typically. On the other hand, I'm fat, hit things hard, and those 7-10 miles usually have at least 1400 vertical associated with them, because Colorado.
Summary: Toshi is fatletic

I am guessing being 80% torso you have large lungs that can handle that thin air?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm honestly not far off, but at least he can also blame altitude.
I am getting there. The busted thumb will keep me of the bike for another two months, that ain't gonna help. Hopefully I can start getting some kind of exercise in few weeks when the pin gets pulled.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It snowed there this week. How much longer is their bike season?
They close Oct. 9, so we're basically going the second to last week. Flying up this Sunday and coming back the 30th.

/Quote everyone: blah blah blah :blah: the weather is sooooo warm and wonderful here....:blah:/

I think I'll make a fire tonight. More house cleaning and attempting caulking if it dries out a bit. Correct, it is too wet to caulk.

@kazlx have a blast! we went up once this year, and if I had a job we'd be up there again. Make some runs up top for me! Also, I hear Top of the World is worth the extra $
Thanks! This is the second trip up this year. Did two weeks with the family. But when a buddy offered to let me crash at his timeshare and flights only being $200, I couldn't pass it up. Plus I purchased a 10 day and have 3 days left already knowing I was coming back. So should be like under $500 for the whole trip...and spread out over months. All that's left is paying for the bike on the plane, a few days at the park and food/stuff while I'm there.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Why?

Conduit made up to outlet box by trailer, still need another box for garage end. As long as the trench was there, threw in a 3/4" water line in case it might prove useful. Started to backfill trench. Walked past my bikes a number of times.
I am cheap and tend to run warm. I am honestly the most comfortable in cooler temps. If it gets over 70 I start to work up a shvitz. Throw on a sweatshirt and I am good for the low 60s.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
FTS. Broke glass in the window I am attempting to renovate. Said FTS and went riding. Then got almost strangled by a rogue vine in an overgrown descent, then almost lost a scalp to a low hanging yet hardly visible dead branch.

Off to Lowes, hopefully they'll cut me window glass to size there. With my luck today, I'll be bringing home a glass puzzle.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
FTS. Broke glass in the window I am attempting to renovate. Said FTS and went riding. Then got almost strangled by a rogue vine in an overgrown descent, then almost lost a scalp to a low hanging yet hardly visible dead branch.

Off to Lowes, hopefully they'll cut me window glass to size there. With my luck today, I'll be bringing home a glass puzzle.

Cool Rocks....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm honestly not far off, but at least he can also blame altitude.
Summary: Toshi is fatletic

I am guessing being 80% torso you have large lungs that can handle that thin air?
When I rode a few times in Seattle 2013-2014 I was sucking wind on the climbs. Now I am still slow uphill but at least I'm a more or less contented slow instead of "why don't I turn around to make the lung burning stop?" slow.

I actually do have large lung volumes, too. Randomly we had a day when we could volunteer for pulmonary function tests in med school, and then I got tested to rule out asthma a few years later in New York. Helps with trumpet playing.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA

We wanted a glass shower door when we re-did our master bath, and almost had it set when it got tweaked just right and shattered.... everywhereeeeeeee. I was picking glass out of Buffalo's hair for a while. Home Depot took it back and delivered a new glass panel to our house. This one came pre-shattered in the box! So the comepany who delivered it sent us a third one to install. I shit you not it also came preshattered.... so we left it in the box, grabbed the other panels and hardware, and took it all back to HD. We got a gift card that more than covered a brand new shower curtain and rod, plus deck materials