Quantcast

turdsday

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:rofl:

Coworker calls me and says "hey can you take this excel sheet and add a description, along with who is responsible for each line in it? Today if possible, for the big man". I tell him, I'll try, but I'm off tomorrow and am trying to wrap some thing up.

So anyways, I do it and sent it back. He calls me and says "but we need this broken down more, so for each line if something happens to that thing, who does what". I explained TWICE, yo bud, I'm not going to have time to do that today. He ended the call by saying again, "so yeah if possible lets get that today".

:edit: I should mention this excel sheet has 107 lines on it, each needing a breakdown.

Nope

If you're waiting to the very last moment to do something like this, for something important, well, maybe its actually not all that important. Or maybe yall should better understand the topics at hand, that way we don't have to tell you what these things are every year.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Hoping to find the ultra rare, work from doing little to nothing 3 days per week for $140K+ per year job with a bonus for pedaling and working out every day jorb.
Those are only available on the "a friend recommended me" and bullshit consultant based on shameless self promotion online job fairs.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Coworker calls me and says "hey can you take this excel sheet and add a description, along with who is responsible for each line in it? Today if possible, for the big man". I tell him, I'll try, but I'm off tomorrow and am trying to wrap some thing up.

So anyways, I do it and sent it back. He calls me and says "but we need this broken down more, so for each line if something happens to that thing, who does what". I explained TWICE, yo bud, I'm not going to have time to do that today. He ended the call by saying again, "so yeah if possible lets get that today".

:edit: I should mention this excel sheet has 107 lines on it, each needing a breakdown.

Nope

If you're waiting to the very last moment to do something like this, for something important, well, maybe its actually not all that important. Or maybe yall should better understand the topics at hand, that way we don't have to tell you what these things are every year.
1696517906584.png

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

Nope

Is there any chance he got handed this last minute? Since it sounds like something that would happen where I work given HR and ops know I have been drowning in tasks from global board members and yet they ask me on 1h notice about workload alocations for a team that I've managed for <1 month and for a team that right now has shifting responsibilities as we are opening platforms in 3 new countries.

I generally tend to assume stupidity stems from high up than from the bottom.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is there any chance he got handed this last minute? Since it sounds like something that would happen where I work given HR and ops know I have been drowning in tasks from global board members and yet they ask me on 1h notice about workload alocations for a team that I've managed for <1 month and for a team that right now has shifting responsibilities as we are opening platforms in 3 new countries.

I generally tend to assume stupidity stems from high up than from the bottom.
Yes of course. The person who asked this guy to do it has a big presentation or some mumbo jumbo next week.

Of course neither him nor the person he pawned the task off on knows the details of the things outlined in the file. And they really should...

But like what @SkaredShtles posted, their lack of planning and knowledge doesn't mean I'm going to drop everything to do it for them. Plus, as soon as 2:30pm hits I'm out. I will be shutting the laptop off and leaving to go rides bikes. :)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. FTS is 12. Hannah has strep and is home. Haley last night while showing off her kart and get to family in town "I like this helmet, but it's starting to get bit tight". :banghead: I'm going to see if Luke up the street still has his Bell. They only used it for indoor, so it's in good shape. If it fits, we'll probably pick it up, pull the padding out to wash it, and run with it for the year. I'm not usually a fan of used helmets, but since we know the history it helps.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yes of course. The person who asked this guy to do it has a big presentation or some mumbo jumbo next week.

Of course neither him nor the person he pawned the task off on knows the details of the things outlined in the file. And they really should...

But like what @SkaredShtles posted, their lack of planning and knowledge doesn't mean I'm going to drop everything to do it for them. Plus, as soon as 2:30pm hits I'm out. I will be shutting the laptop off and leaving to go rides bikes. :)
I'm 100% with you on not adjusting to their problem. It's their problem.

Just pointing out the fish usually rots from the head and usually last minute bs stems from shit planning up high as some director or vp might have no clue who does what and how long it takes. Like today I got a whatsapp message from a board member asking me for something a completely different department does.

btw. Leaving work at 2.30pm? Is your company hiring? If I finish by 9PM i will be happy

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Like today I got a whatsapp message from a board member asking me for something a completely different department does.
That message would be left unread and straight up deleted. Contact me about work on work provided services.

Unless of course Whatsapp is used by your workplace, if so.... :s

Leaving work at 2.30pm? Is your company hiring? If I finish by 9PM i will be happy
<insert wtf meme here>

I mean I'm not supposed to leave at 2:30pm, but I've done enough and worked out my schedule so that I can.

9pm.....I thought you didn't adjust to their problems? :busted:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
That message would be left unread and straight up deleted. Contact me about work on work provided services.

Unless of course Whatsapp is used by your workplace, if so.... :s

<insert wtf meme here>

I mean I'm not supposed to leave at 2:30pm, but I've done enough and worked out my schedule so that I can.

9pm.....I thought you didn't adjust to their problems? :busted:
Well I dont adjust to problems from other departments. I can't say to the CEO "sorry bruv but gtfo". Yes I chose the wrong company to work for but this is where I am and unless I find something new I don't have a lot of wiggle room. It's easy to tell everyone to be pathologically assertive when you are in a comfortable position. I don't have that luxury.

Generally it seems like your current job is my old job. Now? I wanted career growth but I did kinda fuck myself up. As for whatsapp - again I usually don't respond but the dude is one of the 3 people I kinda need to respond to.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ugh, I think I have found an appropriate laptop for VFW usage. A refurbished Dell (from Dell) Latitude 5590 then stuff 32G of RAM in it and call it a day. It's not as cool or as light as some others, but it has legit specs and is only a year old for 1/4 of retail ($1000 new, this is $250). So well within the budget.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Here. FTS is 12. Hannah has strep and is home. Haley last night while showing off her kart and get to family in town "I like this helmet, but it's starting to get bit tight". :banghead: I'm going to see if Luke up the street still has his Bell. They only used it for indoor, so it's in good shape. If it fits, we'll probably pick it up, pull the padding out to wash it, and run with it for the year. I'm not usually a fan of used helmets, but since we know the history it helps.
tell her big brain to quit growing....;)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
evidently springfield airport is leaky in heavy thunderstorms....

smells like a old coleman poptop camper in here...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm old, fuck. I remember when that was a lot.
I don't know how much our Commodore 64 had, but when we got our first real computer, a Macintosh LC (with ye olde 68020) it had 4 MB of RAM, 512 KB of VRAM that we upgraded to 1024 KB so as to have full-res 640x480 graphics, and a 40 MB HDD.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I am one of the few people who works in an industry and in a position that genuinely interests me. So getting more control is fun. Also I do like to be able to afford bikes without living like a student most of the year which is pretty hard given Polish wages.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know how much our Commodore 64 had, but when we got our first real computer, a Macintosh LC (with ye olde 68020) it had 4 MB of RAM, 512 KB of VRAM that we upgraded to 1024 KB so as to have full-res 640x480 graphics, and a 40 MB HDD.
Maybe it's been too long but when I started at Intel in '94 I had a Packard Bell with Pentium 90 and I think it had 8MB or 16MB of RAM, but that was a long time ago.

Pimp.

Screenshot_20231005-123839.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Because karting isn't expensive enough... [insert @SkaredShtles & @jonKranked comments]. I just had a chance to talk with Greg (shop/team owner) in some more detail about Haley's kart for next year. I called to ask some questions about setup, motor tuning, etc.

I've mentioned before that he wants her in a 2-stroke (Rotax) and he flat out said that she needs to be in one of she's going to develop both more in general and at faster pace. Even though the class is +10mph, it's a safer class because it's no longer a beginner class. For kids to drive in this class, they tend to be second year or more, have to be able to control their karts better, know how to interact with other racers, etc. Plus it allows for her to keep the same chassis (unless she drastically grows out of it) for three more seasons, and allows her to race on the national circuits. It's only going to be $3k for the fucking motor kit.

He also said that after this national championship that we should flat out stop going to K1. That it's just hurting her in the outdoor karts. She's getting good quickly in her kart when we don't go to K1, but every time we do, she regresses. So at least I can save about $2-3k/year there...

Now to convince Wifey that it's time for the upgrade... :banghead: :banghead:

I really need this little girl to get 15k followers on Instagram quickly. At least she's up to 57 now. :rolleyes:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went to dentist; they went to town with the high powered water thingy and tartar scraping. oof, my gums. no new cavities but will need to go back and have posts put in where i had a root canal so they can rebuilt the tooth and put a crown in.

gonna try to motivate for a quick bike ride while kiddo's at football practice.

great weather ahead for the foreseeable future - looks fantastic for le full trucker's journey east.