Quantcast

turdsday

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Because karting isn't expensive enough... [insert @SkaredShtles & @jonKranked comments]. I just had a chance to talk with Greg (shop/team owner) in some more detail about Haley's kart for next year. I called to ask some questions about setup, motor tuning, etc.

I've mentioned before that he wants her in a 2-stroke (Rotax) and he flat out said that she needs to be in one of she's going to develop both more in general and at faster pace. Even though the class is +10mph, it's a safer class because it's no longer a beginner class. For kids to drive in this class, they tend to be second year or more, have to be able to control their karts better, know how to interact with other racers, etc. Plus it allows for her to keep the same chassis (unless she drastically grows out of it) for three more seasons, and allows her to race on the national circuits. It's only going to be $3k for the fucking motor kit.

He also said that after this national championship that we should flat out stop going to K1. That it's just hurting her in the outdoor karts. She's getting good quickly in her kart when we don't go to K1, but every time we do, she regresses. So at least I can save about $2-3k/year there...

Now to convince Wifey that it's time for the upgrade... :banghead: :banghead:

I really need this little girl to get 15k followers on Instagram quickly. At least she's up to 57 now. :rolleyes:
do you have any more bikes to sell?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Because karting isn't expensive enough... [insert @SkaredShtles & @jonKranked comments]. I just had a chance to talk with Greg (shop/team owner) in some more detail about Haley's kart for next year. I called to ask some questions about setup, motor tuning, etc.

I've mentioned before that he wants her in a 2-stroke (Rotax) and he flat out said that she needs to be in one of she's going to develop both more in general and at faster pace. Even though the class is +10mph, it's a safer class because it's no longer a beginner class. For kids to drive in this class, they tend to be second year or more, have to be able to control their karts better, know how to interact with other racers, etc. Plus it allows for her to keep the same chassis (unless she drastically grows out of it) for three more seasons, and allows her to race on the national circuits. It's only going to be $3k for the fucking motor kit.

He also said that after this national championship that we should flat out stop going to K1. That it's just hurting her in the outdoor karts. She's getting good quickly in her kart when we don't go to K1, but every time we do, she regresses. So at least I can save about $2-3k/year there...

Now to convince Wifey that it's time for the upgrade... :banghead: :banghead:

I really need this little girl to get 15k followers on Instagram quickly. At least she's up to 57 now. :rolleyes:
:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
a couple weeks back i stuck some old cd's in my car........ last night on the way to the climbing gym my daughter hands me one and says "I wanna listen to this". It was the 'Essential Judas Priest'. kids really liked it. maddie was playing air guitar and head banging.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
btw. Leaving work at 2.30pm? Is your company hiring? If I finish by 9PM i will be happy
The question is what time do you start in the morning. I work with a lot of people who support multi-shift factories and they need to be in at 5:00 AM to have overlap between 3rd and 1st shift. 2nd shift is just temporal storage for morons so no one cares about them.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Because karting isn't expensive enough...
Wait until cars get into the equation. I’ve gone through $1200 in tires in the last couple track days (in addition to all the other expenses). Going to buy a new set of fronts and hope for the best for the rears for the session at the end of the month.

Still considering grabbing another kart due to the expense, but strangely not much of a kart scene here. You’d think this area would have tracks everywhere…

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wait until cars get into the equation. I’ve gone through $1200 in tires in the last couple track days (in addition to all the other expenses). Going to buy a new set of fronts and hope for the best for the rears for the session at the end of the month.

Still considering grabbing another kart due to the expense, but strangely not much of a kart scene here. You’d think this area would have tracks everywhere…
Rotax mini. So that we can throw on an IAME as needed for national circuit (if needed) race with no change to driving style.

I really need her to get income generation... come on girls in motorsports!!! Her Instagram is haley.stone.karting for those who would like to follow. I need to broaden her followers. :greedy:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Rotax mini. So that we can throw on an IAME as needed for national circuit (if needed) race with no change to driving style.

I really need her to get income generation... come on girls in motorsports!!! Her Instagram is haley.stone.karting for those who would like to follow. I need to broaden her followers. :greedy:
Cool. Followed :thumb:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Here. FTS is 12. Hannah has strep and is home. Haley last night while showing off her kart and get to family in town "I like this helmet, but it's starting to get bit tight". :banghead: I'm going to see if Luke up the street still has his Bell. They only used it for indoor, so it's in good shape. If it fits, we'll probably pick it up, pull the padding out to wash it, and run with it for the year. I'm not usually a fan of used helmets, but since we know the history it helps.
She can have my old Bell autocross helmet, it's a large, but it'll fit someday.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
currently enjoying a complete meltdown and cry fest from a bunch of obviously new ebiker types whine and moan about not being included on several trails in the tahoe basin because 'motorized'

A few dirtbikers have chimed in saying hey fellas, we can build motorized trails together......and watching the smug ebikers spew 'we're not YOU people obviously.' I'm about to take a swing once I open this bottle of whiskey

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

monetize youtube channel....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
currently enjoying a complete meltdown and cry fest from a bunch of obviously new ebiker types whine and moan about not being included on several trails in the tahoe basin because 'motorized'

A few dirtbikers have chimed in saying hey fellas, we can build motorized trails together......and watching the smug ebikers spew 'we're not YOU people obviously.' I'm about to take a swing once I open this bottle of whiskey
lolol. dirtbikers and ohv peeps are the best to work with. i've ridden on a variety of ohv trail systems over the years and they're always stoked to see mountainbikers riding on their stuff...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
lolol. dirtbikers and ohv peeps are the best to work with. i've ridden on a variety of ohv trail systems over the years and they're always stoked to see mountainbikers riding on their stuff...
here we spend thousands of hours bedding something in and then mountainbikers come in and tell us how it's their mtb trail and we shouldn't be there

most dirtbikers here (myself included) view mtb interest as a death knoll

because californians are smug, useless pieces of trash

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
here we spend thousands of hours bedding something in and then mountainbikers come in and tell us how it's their mtb trail and we shouldn't be there

most dirtbikers here (myself included) view mtb interest as a death knoll

because californians are smug, useless pieces of trash
Wait... *you* are a Californian, are you not?? :think:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The question is what time do you start in the morning. I work with a lot of people who support multi-shift factories and they need to be in at 5:00 AM to have overlap between 3rd and 1st shift. 2nd shift is just temporal storage for morons so no one cares about them.
Yeah fuck that. My brain doesn't work at that hour. I'm just complaining because I took a job at a company that is got overwhelmed due to a merger and lack of proper workflows and data managment and I'm in the middle of it.