Quantcast

%%% Two Derps and a snap GMT%%%

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Boss like every year wanted to spend less on our Crew during Cannes Film Festival. As usual there is a ton to do there but this year as a happy side effect I'm not going to sleep with 4 drunk polish dudes in one apartment but get my own separate one. Can't complain. Will be the first festival where no drunk people shout over my bed at 3am when I have to work from 8. This makes me happy.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I feel exhausted and defeated by my lack of enthusiasm. Would someone please alter my brain chemistry, I need a little merrier cocktail up there. TIA.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
COFFEE.

It was outstandingly warm yesterday. Today it looks to be 10 degrees cooler and cloudy, with rain starting tonight. Sounds like a donkey bike adventure on the path is in store. I hope it rains to keep the human pylons at bay.

Need to talk to a man about breaching a dam, and might wander up to the Alchemist.
Stick your finger in the dyke?

How/why would you breach a dam? I mean, damnnnn, what a dumb idea.

...Stick your finger in the dyke?

How/why would you breach a dam? I mean, damnnnn, what a dumb idea.
The dam's on a local 1,000 acre conserved property. It was built, incompetently, in 1935. It blew out in 1942, causing considerable damage to local roads. It's in the process of failing again and we'd like to forestall more rearrangement of local roads and properties. The problem at hand is how to do so with very limited funds and in the face of a big administrative bureaucracy.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
The dam's on a local 1,000 acre conserved property. It was built, incompetently, in 1935. It blew out in 1942, causing considerable damage to local roads. It's in the process of failing again and we'd like to forestall more rearrangement of local roads and properties. The problem at hand is how to do so with very limited funds and in the face of a big administrative bureaucracy.
I read that in Sam Elliot's voice.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a rainy day out there....ugh. We have a food manufacturing facility across the street that supplies grocery stores and markets in the area, and they're making Brunswick Stew today - yesterday it was chicken noodle soup. Every time the door opens here at the office, and the wind wafts the aroma through, I have lunch on the brain.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Spent last night wrestling the truck camper off the truck. Something about having 2,500 lbs jacked up 4' in the air on little stilts made me quite nervous. Lowered it down, but then of course the winds picked up so I spent all night dreaming about it tipping over. Tired. :dead:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Oh car shopping .. how I hait thee.

So turns out, we may actually skip this free down payment thing from the insurance and just buy something outright just to have for a year while we pay off the truck as well. Wifey and I were talking about it and figured having one less payment for the year would be nice....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Back is marginally better, will continue with the routine. Setting records here, 78 yesterday and suppisesto be 80 today.

Need to rent The Moment this week for motivation. Stay cool out there, folks.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So my wife today tells me she waited too long to register the kids in daycamp for the PD-day coming up this Friday. :/ we also missed signing them up for Friday pizza and everyday milk. She's always done this, so I just assumed she was on it. I think this job is stressing her out. a lot. She keeps talking about changing, and I think I need to support and encourage her in this endeavour.

Anyways, I may have to book Friday off. It's looking like a nice day, and I have a hunch some of the flatter easier trails may be dry by Friday, which means I could take the boys biking. Maybe. hmmm.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Couple of inches fresh snow overnight and random precip still falling, I guess no riding today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sitting at Children's Hospital with Hannah. Hopefully she's out today.
If you shout loudly I might be able to hear you across the parking lot separating Children's from UCH.

From the way the worklist looks so far it's going to be a busy one.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I feel like 70 miles of hard desert trail and I can't tell if my face hurts more from smiling or being sunburnt. Camping in the truck camper was awesome, though there are still many things to finger out. 10/10 Moab trip, would bang again.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have not taken a sick day in a long time. It's been so long that my last sick day has been archived from the time and attendance system. I think it was some time in late 2010.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Had the real first argument with the lady last nite. 6 months in too. So i got to see how conflict will go in this relationship.
She is super emotionally intelligent BUUUUT Italian af. :panic:

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Had the real first argument the lady last nite. 6 months in too. So i got to see how conflict will go in this relationship.
She is super emotionally intelligent BUUUUT Italian af. :panic:
I dont argue; I either start spending money or stop spending money - works 50% of the time which is better than losing an arguement 100% of the time.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I feel like 70 miles of hard desert trail and I can't tell if my face hurts more from smiling or being sunburnt. Camping in the truck camper was awesome, though there are still many things to finger out. 10/10 Moab trip, would bang again.
What didja ride?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Now you understand why Truck Campers beat the snot out of other RV types. Pop ups rock for boon docking and 4 wheeling

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What didja ride?
  1. Friday: Hymasa to Ahab (including Upper Ahab). Shorter, but man... it's a long 9 miles. Plenty of technical moves to keep a person honest. Probably (definitely) way over my gal's skill level but she's awesome and had a great time.
  2. Saturday: Getaway to something to Chisholm to Big Lonely to Big Mesa to Ramblin. Nearly 20 miles, super pedally and really fun. Desert singletrack that get progressively more "Moab" in nature, Ramblin finish is a cherry on the top of this mellow-chill but really fun ride. Done as a shuttle.
  3. Sunday: Jimmy Keen, UPS, LPS, Porcupine Rim, Porcupine Singletrack. No commentary necessary.
  4. Monday: Dino Flow to Jurassic. Super mellow ride, low tech but strong headwind coming back up the Klondike zone. A solid "recovery ride" after riding and drinking my face off. Girlfriend very much enjoyed this, and was stoked on how many more moves she made on Dino Flow than the other time she's ridden it.