Quantcast

.!. Two stay .!.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
From behind or were you going down?

Been spotting more e-bikes round these parts too. Got passed on the weekend by this lady riding one, who must have been around 350 pounds. If that's her way of trying to get out and enjoy life or get in shape, awesome. She had a badge thing for the local trail association too.

But these other 'tards on them are frustrating. Most seem new to the sport, but lack any courtesy and whatnot. Kind of like the decked out XC dudes that just expect you to get the fuck out of their way without so much as a simple hello or thank you.

Wheres my coffee....
Also got passed by a lady e-Biker following her husband, probably not 350 pounds but definately mid 50's. She was having a blast and was quite friendly. No way I could keep up with her.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dudes on the FB group for local trails: "don't build jumps out of these old rock walls! they're sacred and historical!"
they're also down the hill from a super fund site and adjacent to the county jail. what a bunch of clowns. the one dude complaining and threatening to take stuff out doesn't even live in this fucking time zone anymore.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
dudes on the FB group for local trails: "don't build jumps out of these old rock walls! they're sacred and historical!"
they're also down the hill from a super fund site and adjacent to the county jail. what a bunch of clowns. the one dude complaining and threatening to take stuff out doesn't even live in this fucking time zone anymore.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We have a group of homeowners nearby that are all up in arms about a small parcel of private land that sits between a drag strip, an old bentonite strip mine, a freeway, and their HUGE fucking housing development. YOU MUST SAVE THE OPEN SPACE FROM DEVELOPMENT!!

I suggested to one of them they should fucking sack up and buy it if they wanted to preserve it. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We have a group of homeowners nearby that are all up in arms about a small parcel of private land that sits between a drag strip, an old bentonite strip mine, a freeway, and their HUGE fucking housing development. YOU MUST SAVE THE OPEN SPACE FROM DEVELOPMENT!!

I suggested to one of them they should fucking sack up and buy it if they wanted to preserve it. :rofl:
the one guy crying the most has his fb profile pic of him wearing a sleeveless lycra jersey :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

bandimere......there are houses over there now?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
You guys remind me why I make my own secret trails. When I start finding trash on them, I fell rotten trees onto the trail and dig mud holes. When the losers fuck off, I go back and fix it. They usually can't follow them though, they are like deer trails.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
bandimere......there are houses over there now?
Yup - getting closer every year. I suspect the same people hollering about the "open space" also bitch to the county about the drag strip. :rofl:

Oh - and I forgot about the motocross track just to the north of the patch of open space everyone has their panties in a bunch over. Thunder Mountain. :D

1589920075718.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You guys remind me why I make my own secret trails. When I start finding trash on them, I fell rotten trees onto the trail and dig mud holes. When the losers fuck off, I go back and fix it. They usually can't follow them though, they are like deer trails.
i just gotta laugh at these assbags all up in arms. these trails are mediocre at best. if i had to drive more than 10 minutes to ride them, i wouldn't.

for anyone who cares, here's the info on the superfund site that's *literally* at the top of the hill these trails are on.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yup - getting closer every year. I suspect the same people hollering about the "open space" also bitch to the county about the drag strip. :rofl:

Oh - and I forgot about the motocross track just to the north of the patch of open space everyone has their panties in a bunch over. Thunder Mountain. :D

View attachment 145322
See also; anyone buying a home near any airport complaining after the fact about airplane noise.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
See also; anyone buying a home near any airport complaining after the fact about airplane noise.

I am on the approach to SeaTac. I miss the airplane sounds. I can ignore the sound of planes and traffic. Much harder to ignore the noise of people having loud cellphone conversations while standing in front of my house.

Thankfully the dog is getting good at flipping out at people on command. Folks tend to move one when they realize he is trying to get over the fence.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am on the approach to SeaTac. I miss the airplane sounds. I can ignore the sound of planes and traffic. Much harder to ignore the noise of people having loud cellphone conversations while standing in front of my house.
BOS has a bunch of randomly placed runways and one's pattern is over my home, 8 miles away from the airport. Even in busy times they only fly over on bad days. I don't miss those bad days.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Reddit has been flooded with bored girls posting naked shots.There's been an escalation from topless shots to gynecological examinations. Never thought I'd get tired of tiddies.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Thankfully the dog is getting good at flipping out at people on command. Folks tend to move one when they realize he is trying to get over the fence.
i can see you whispering hey dog go nuts when people approach....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

I have Aussies. no training was required for that. Watson even tries to break through the glass in the front to to get to anyone out on the sidewalk

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Finally rode out a proper wheelie. Could not replicate it. So it doesn't count. I swear I got the feel now... New Glasses make riding more enjoyable...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have Aussies. no training was required for that. Watson even tries to break through the glass in the front to to get to anyone out on the sidewalk
I didn't need to train him to freak out in people. The work was getting him to flip out only when I want him to.

The command is "who's that guy?"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ride tougher trails that weed out the noobs.
There are no easy loops there. This was all within a mile or so of the parking lot and on connector trails. I assume the shitty riders were folks who got a few miles in and turned around. The rude people were groups that took breaks while blocking the trail and would require a handful of requests to get them fuck out of the way. These were just self absorbed cunts. Wish I could say it was a Seattle problem, but experience tells me it is a human problem. Will be installing a bell on the MTB, maybe an air horn.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
There are no easy loops there. This was all within a mile or so of the parking lot and on connector trails. I assume the shitty riders were folks who got a few miles in and turned around. The rude people were groups that took breaks while blocking the trail and would require a handful of requests to get them fuck out of the way. These were just self absorbed cunts. Wish I could say it was a Seattle problem, but experience tells me it is a human problem. Will be installing a bell on the MTB, maybe an air horn.
I now consider only having to yell once acceptable trail etiquette. We are now the old guys who yell at kids. Yeah...

There's a dude here who drives around every once in a while, in an unsuspecting vehicle blowing a train horn/whistle. Was a little disorienting hearing that the first time. You should definitely rig up something with the ominous thundering roar of a train whistle for singletrack excursions. You know, for the safety of other trail users, of course.