Quantcast

Uh, don't ask R.C.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
N8 said:
Q. Q: I ride an '04 Specialized S-Works Enduro with the Brain shock, and I'm thinking about getting an ID cartridge from Stratos for the Fox TALAS fork to make the bike feel more even, but I'm afraid it's going to feel unnatural and I'm worried about being able to preload it for jumps. What do you think?
I think you're ****ing ghey.

hellonasty

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
MSA
Another good example of ''Don't ask RC''

Question:
Hey R.C. I can buy an ‘05 Stumpy FSR Expert 120 for $2300(cdn) or a Trance 2 for $2600(cdn). There have been many positive things said about the Trance and some critical comments suggesting that the septune shock on the Stumpy makes it an uninspired climber. However, the Stumpy is lighter, has XTR rear der. and Talas forks, and for the difference in price I could send the septune to PUSH. What would you do?

A. RC: Good call.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
While we're sharing...

I like pretty much every RC except that old beardy twat who writes utter bollocks for MBA and Pinkbike, does possibly the weakest interviews I've ever watched and rides like... well... an old clueless man.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It is not a fiction. They have always had the fourteen cog part patented, but it has always been unclear as to the hub width, free hub body size, etc...
yea, they've had that stuff patented since the 90's. i remember once seeing they were working on a 1 sided chain too. crazy.

MmmBones

Monkey
May 8, 2011
Porkland, OR
i'm guessing the 14 gear cassette was a road idea first. How will Shimano achieve the 10-sp low gear with their standard cassette driver?
Shimano's Capreo cassette goes all the way down to a 9t cog using a shorter freehub body similar to the Mini-Driver. They also make an inexpensive 9 speed Capreo shortcage derailleur, which is kinda kick-ass is you want an inexpensive 9 speed clutchless DH drivetrain, or are simply needing to replace a 9 speed saint derailleur on your DH bike.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
i'm guessing the 14 gear cassette was a road idea first. How will Shimano achieve the 10-sp low gear with their standard cassette driver?
Didn't Wooftooth just release a replacement freehub for DT compatible hubs which allows Shimano cassettes to go all the way to 10?

Which in a related matter prompts to urgently do a revamped, MTB-related Spinal Tap gag with the guys pointing to a cassette and stating "but this goes down to 10!"