Quantcast

updated bike check

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
after a few months on the stricker, I can safely say I'm in bike zen. To show my appreciation to it, I slapped a gold 710SL chain on it today.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
beautimus, are you runnin the 47 or 53 crown royal? just curious? looks short..

what bars are you rockin?

I'm also thinkin about a glh out back...

whole thing looks really dialed!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
beautimus, are you runnin the 47 or 53 crown royal? just curious? looks short..

what bars are you rockin?

I'm also thinkin about a glh out back...

whole thing looks really dialed!
Thanks man!

I have no idea on the crown royal, it could be either (I'll have to measure it). I got it used off bikeguide a while back. it's my favorite stem to date - simple, light and fbm :)

bars are shadow 13b/big bars. They are slam copies but a few ounces lighter. 27.5" wide, very neutral sweep, 8" rise.

Really like the tire set up I got now BUT I could go a fair amount lighter with KHE park front, street rear which I'm going to do when these wear out.

Yo Cru, it's for realzzz :busted:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
28/10 and profile mini thanks to castle. Really stoked, just shy of 21.5#...looking at getting a mini/7ka for the front in the near future.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
gorgeous bike, i'm really diggin it, the weight is really nice, but so are the colors and parts, haha. i'm not sure if i can see the potential for upgrades other than light tires.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
tiles, got a couple ways to shed some weight if your really serious about it. just my opinions here

*these are if you havent done them

fit ibeam alum. post
ti'ed up profiles if not already done.
united big bars (22oz)
ultra lite tubes
flute your seatpost and chop it
DK r/t fork (almost a half pound lighter than directors, burly as hell, moderately priced)
odyssey junior?
maybe new front wheel?
ghetto pivotal mod: link- http://www.bmx-zone.com/en-article-id-727.html hahaha dont do that
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ummmmm thats about it i think. your bike is to dialed to do really anything to it besides strip it raw to save those precious few grams :P

im diggin it though

when i get my 20 its gunna be down to about 19-21 when im finished with it. 26lb complete out of the box, theres a few things you can do to it hahaha

and dex, :picsstfu: :biggrin:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
tiles, got a couple ways to shed some weight if your really serious about it. just my opinions here

*these are if you havent done them

fit ibeam alum. post
ti'ed up profiles if not already done.
united big bars (22oz)
ultra lite tubes
flute your seatpost and chop it
DK r/t fork (almost a half pound lighter than directors, burly as hell, moderately priced)
odyssey junior?
maybe new front wheel?
ghetto pivotal mod: link- http://www.bmx-zone.com/en-article-id-727.html hahaha dont do that
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ummmmm thats about it i think. your bike is to dialed to do really anything to it besides strip it raw to save those precious few grams :P

im diggin it though

when i get my 20 its gunna be down to about 19-21 when im finished with it. 26lb complete out of the box, theres a few things you can do to it hahaha

and dex, :picsstfu: :biggrin:

good suggestions. I'm done though. I got a wheelbuild in the works but it'll prolly be a tad heavier than what's on there now. I like it the way it sets for at least another couple of days...:monkey:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
prolly wheels and tires. That new rear wheel I picked up is dang light. The KHEs I got a month or so ago dropped nearly a pound off versus the tires I had!

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
prolly wheels and tires. That new rear wheel I picked up is dang light. The KHEs I got a month or so ago dropped nearly a pound off versus the tires I had!
deff wheels and tires. im gonna be rocking aitken for a while when i get ym rig, and then prob switching to folding rubens or something. the fit complete is 26 out of the box im prob gonna take a couple pounds off fo it as soon as i egt it anyways hahaha

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
this thread is giving me lots of upgrade ideas for my stolen... i really want to pick up one of those fit eccd seats and a lighter post, but i think a new stem to replace the forged stolen one will be a good upgrade too. i think the biggest differences will be in the wheels and cranks, but i'm not going to touch those until i can get more monies.