Quantcast

Vacuum Cleaner

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
have you ever clogged one? i've had very good experience w/ two different systems.
Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. We had a central vac system in one of my houses growing up. First time it got clogged, it was expensive and difficult to fix. The second time it got clogged (in a different location in the system), we bought a vacuum cleaner.

edit: It was a fairly expensive, high end system, too. Installed in a time when my parents didn't have kids and had a huge amount of disposable income :p

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. We had a central vac system in one of my houses growing up. First time it got clogged, it was expensive and difficult to fix. The second time it got clogged (in a different location in the system), we bought a vacuum cleaner.
you don't think that the technology has advanced since then?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Don't you have some opinion to post from a friend of a guy's sister who knows someone whose cousin is a vacuum repairman?
You keep up that cognitive dissonance. Must be great to be a sucker for slick marketing.

It was DIRECTLY from the licensed Dyson dealer in my hometown (do you want his phone number?) - he recommended against them and sells AND services them - plus the former sears salesman in this thread also said the plastic fragile/brittle on the Dyson. As if independent rigourous testing from Consumer Reports wasn't enough :bonk:

You keep up that cognitive dissonance. Must be great to be a sucker for slick marketing.

It was DIRECTLY from the licensed Dyson dealer in my hometown (do you want his phone number?) - he recommended against them and sells AND services them - plus the former sears salesman in this thread also said the plastic fragile/brittle on the Dyson. As if independent rigourous testing from Consumer Reports wasn't enough :bonk:

Purchased in 2001, thank you very much - before the SLICK marketing. No problems. Awesome sucker!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
you think that was the most expensive vacuum cleaner?

ok....... :banghead:
You said you get what you pay for, thats often not the case...

And

Sample size of vacuum repair shop = hundreds of repairs of all sorts of brands since 2001
Sample size of your household = 1 Dyson

Data from your household, not statistically significant - no valid conclusions can be made.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
syadasti, please don't cause this thread to be closed. You are pretty confrontational when it comes to discussing products, and you don't need to be.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Everything comes down to marketing with you. What's the deal with that?
Maybe because Dyson markets the crap out of their overpriced vacuum - did you bother to read the points about the Dyson from the Sears salesman above - buy it for image/prestige was mentioned plus he gets a better commission on them, plus Dyson practices price control.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You said you get what you pay for, thats often not the case...

And

Sample size of vacuum repair shop = hundreds of repairs of all sorts of brands since 2001
Sample size of your household = 1 Dyson

Data from your household, not statistically significant - no valid conclusions can be made.
:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
IAB and syadasti are arguing about vacuum cleaners.

Please realize that the whole of the monkey is laughing at y'all right now.
And there IAB is not using his mod powers. He should set an example and show everyone not to mess with the Baboon.:rant:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
And there IAB is not using his mod powers. He should set an example and show everyone not to mess with the Baboon.:rant:
Yeah its only OK for BV to diss Dyson :rolleyes:

The point is, Dyson is not the best - it might be a very good 7th place, but there is better. Do you say you are the best athlete when you come in 7th place :brow:

Consumer Reports, a Dyson vacuum service and sales dealership - Gramcy's Vacuum & Appl Parts 732.747.5623 (listed on dyson.com website too BTW), and a former Sears vacuum salesman are all more qualified to talk about which is best compared to someone who only personally owns and uses one brand. The fact you own one doesn't make it the best. Why is it so hard for people to admit that often one does not always own the best whatever widget.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Yeah its only OK for BV to diss Dyson :rolleyes:

The point is, Dyson is not the best - it might be a very good 7th place, but there is better. Do you say you are the best athlete when you come in 7th place :brow:

Consumer Reports, a Dyson vacuum service and sales dealership - Gramcy's Vacuum & Appl Parts 732.747.5623 (listed on dyson.com website too BTW), and a former Sears vacuum salesman are all more qualified to talk about which is best compared to someone who only personally owns and uses one brand. The fact you own one doesn't make it the best. Why is it so hard for people to admit that often one does not always own the best whatever widget.
Okay now all of the monkey is laughing at you. Getting the last word on a vacuum fight does not make you cool.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Okay now all of the monkey is laughing at you. Getting the last word on a vacuum fight does not make you cool.
I'm not the one who spends over $500 on a overmarketed vacuum cleaner. I save that for bikes and lick the dirt off the floor.