Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Booking a rental car in NYC is not easy unless you are the 1%. I might try Turo again but have to go to Jersey City. I still hate planning trips.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We're under a rain fall warning here. Not very heavy rain, but its been raining since last night and doesn't look like its supposed to stop until tomorrow night.

Tonights ride is going to be slopppppppppppppy.

Phone call from the boss at 7am this morning was a great thing to get to!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Made it through my first night without painkillers, or other form of pain relief (CBD edibles). Feel better this morning. I still woke up a couple of times, but was able to go back to sleep on my own. At this point in time, it's mostly the shoulder and ribs that hurt the most overnight. Back starts to ache after a "long" walk (walked 3km yesterday).

May even try and drive today to run a few errands. That will take a lot of pressure off my wife.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Booking a rental car in NYC is not easy unless you are the 1%. I might try Turo again but have to go to Jersey City. I still hate planning trips.
I normally used to book rentals in Fort Lee and ride over to pick them up. Way cheaper than in the city.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Low-normal HRV this morning (plus it being so cold!) so instead of riding Mountain Lion I’m going to grab my big camera gear and head up to Panorama Point to leaf peep. I think wife and MIL are coming along as well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well. This morning got exciting. Haley forgot that she had orchestra this morning (and we hadn't put it on the calendar) and decided to wake up 5min before it started. Sprint to get ready and out the door. Meanwhile, Hannah has decided that Wifey is not taking her to school, only me, but her school is on the way to Wife's office; Haley's is not. Plan was for me to take Hannah, so Wifey could go in early. Basically whole bunch of cluster fuckery getting them both ready within 7min and out. And to top it off? Haley couldn't get into the building for almost 5min once we got there.

Buy a house they said... Have kids they said...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Meh. Wasn’t feeling it. Plus it’s a nice diversion to pull out the big camera gear, clean off those front elements, spin on those polarizers, and find where the pesky battery charger for the camera went.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well. This morning got exciting. Haley forgot that she had orchestra this morning (and we hadn't put it on the calendar) and decided to wake up 5min before it started. Sprint to get ready and out the door. Meanwhile, Hannah has decided that Wifey is not taking her to school, only me, but her school is on the way to Wife's office; Haley's is not. Plan was for me to take Hannah, so Wifey could go in early. Basically whole bunch of cluster fuckery getting them both ready within 7min and out. And to top it off? Haley couldn't get into the building for almost 5min once we got there.

Don't worry, man... it gets better.

Oh, wait.

:mad: :rofl:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Have you considered having a third?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Have you considered an E-bike?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello monkeys. I has been riding with the big boys or, rather behind them for the last week. OK, not really. 3 rides in the last week. Last night was the most aggressive so far. This group is very focused on Strava segments which is good for me since they stop to rest and regroup. 3 of the riders own the Top 10 for all segments, my goal is to just keep them in sight. Didn't happen. All in all, very challenging for me and something I need to do.

I tried to use the Garmin laps feature as a substitute but ended up deleting the first 1.57 (and fastest) miles. An average run for me in this segment is about 9 minutes.

Riding the GT

Distance: 6.57 miles
Gain: 857 feet
Average moving speed: 7.7 MPH

Doesn't seem that impressive...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
While riding, jot stung by a bee just under my right eye. That is all.
Got chased by several European Hornets on my last hike after it got dark. They’re over an inch long and look like giant yellow jackets. Can’t out hike them so I would just stop and turn my headlamp off so they would lose me. Then turn the red light on and hike for a minute before switching back to regular light.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Got chased by several European Hornets on my last hike after it got dark. They’re over an inch long and look like giant yellow jackets. Can’t out hike them so I would just stop and turn my headlamp off so they would lose me. Then turn the red light on and hike for a minute before switching back to regular light.
Weird, they aren't aggressive unless you disturb their nest.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And skulls. And tombstones. Chicks fuckin' LOVE that kind of birthday shit.
6 candles in a line with only the 6th and 4th lit. When asked why explain it is binary for (screams)40(/screams)

then explain that 40 candles wouldn't fit on the cake and would also significantly contribute to carbon emissions.