Quantcast

/:/:Wednesday,OK?gmt:\:\

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
^ x2 re heated seats

Computrainer sufferfest delivered extra helping of pain this morning.
Kids still don't understand my lack of desire to drive them to school will always override my concern about them losing a limb to frostbite while riding their bikes. It's only 3mi FFS.
1st cup of coffee did fuck all, #2 better get it together as I'm out of beans.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work.

Coffee.

Meh.

Meeting at 3pm today with the boss for my 2015 review. We'll see how that goes, I did miss one goal for the year, NBD. On the plus side, this does mean a field trip to the head office and I'll get to go home a little early.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I wish my cars had heated steering wheels. LEAF had that, and it was glorious.

Time to donate $5 more to Bernie.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Best of Banff Film Festival was pretty cool last night. Standout for me, as with every other time I've been, is Alex Honold. He's just such a cheery guy, it's contagious. it wasn't his feats of strength (first traverse of the Fitzroy range) that was amazing (though it was), it's just how funny and likeable he is. (sheesh, that sounds a lot like a man crush... whatever, I'm comfortable enough with my identity!)

cold here this morning. -11°F with the wind. and the wind was howling. made for an invigorating walk to daycare/work. Also, note to self, no metal earbuds when it's so cold out.

Contractor is in for what should be the last time. finishing the backsplash and putting up the range fan flue and finishing up some odds and ends (grout was flaky in new shower). It'll be nice when it's all done.

have a good day everyone, stay warm!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
heated seats ftmfw
My... such a delicate flower.

Got skates? Ice ishtshow here! :panic:
Also, five days until the Balance gets established in my universe. :D
You planning to find Anakin?

^ x2 re heated seats
Another?? :think:

I wish my cars had heated steering wheels. LEAF had that, and it was glorious.
This may be beyond just a delicate flower. You mentioned heateds steering wheel and used the word "glorious"... man card revocation in progress.

New jorb verbally accepted. Must work on exit-strategy now. Strangely it has more calculating than you'd imagine...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My... such a delicate flower.
No way, heated seats are the bee's knees and I wouldn't NOT have them.
My go-to rental during my Vegas project had air cooled seats too.

New jorb verbally accepted. Must work on exit-strategy now. Strangely it has more calculating than you'd imagine...
Congrats! I suggest a start date of around May 1st, so you can ski your face off this season.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
You planning to find Anakin?
Ana-who? :D I am planning to find out whether non-dentist bikes are as unrideabru as the $$$ crabon ones. :weee:

New jorb verbally accepted. Must work on exit-strategy now. Strangely it has more calculating than you'd imagine.
Congrats! Upper-decker planning in progress now? I updated my resume last night because a head hunter called with a crazy yet interesting opportunity. I don't think it is going to go far but better be ready when the right one shows up.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Another?? :think:
A bad backs best friend after the 'shed.
Use it all year, just wish I could turn off the seat bottom to prevent overcooking the undercarriage.

e: Congrats on job change but I suggest you follow nicks timeline advice.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This may be beyond just a delicate flower. You mentioned heateds steering wheel and used the word "glorious"... man card revocation in progress.
It is indeed glorious. Some day you will know this nirvana. My motorized window shades are pretty sweet, too, btw. :D Some day, once we have furniture and no boxes and the like, I'll invite the Denver monkey crew out to ogle them and dine.

New jorb verbally accepted.
:thumb:

1/3 FTE with lots of skiing time written into the schedule?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
feeding the dogs and drinking coffee. wet roads = stupid driver hell. Watched a BMW run a red yesterday and get T boned by a transit bus. What a mess...
BusMustWin

Wifes new car has heated seats. While I certainly enjoy the novelty on a cold morning, especially when my busted pelvis and leg are acting up, I do not look forward to the day when "Hey, I don't think my seat heaters are working, can you take a look at them?". I chase enough wires at work.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Up late last night at a concert. The mosh pit was a bit rowdy, I kept my distance. hahahahah Tired today and have to be on my game.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

I am trying to not thing about a jorb change, but it is tough when the hand I am dealt is full of crap. I have a little time before my current contract is up for renewal, but the work load sucks ass and so does the bennies. Since it is still early in the new year, the market hasn't gotten too crazy yet. But there are some interesting gigs in the works.

Anybody know if the CIA is cool with shed visits yet? :rofl:

The one major issue I see with the job description is the salary range seems kinda big. ($65k swing?)

https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-professional/information-assurance.html

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Wifes new car has heated seats. While I certainly enjoy the novelty on a cold morning, especially when my busted pelvis and leg are acting up, I do not look forward to the day when "Hey, I don't think my seat heaters are working, can you take a look at them?". I chase enough wires at work.
You didn't buy another Subaru right? You should be good. :panic:

I am a fan of my heated seats. It actually makes a huge difference when I jump into my car and its still cold. Instant butt/back heat, while the rest of the car warms up.

Only down side is that the high setting is pretty much not useable....unless you like it so hot that it feels like you pissed yourself, followed by a mild burning sensation.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They've been saying it for a while, but have yet to take (public) action. There was talk in the black hat community that some departments were talking about using designated pissers (Bob from accounting isn't hip, he can totally piss clean for you). :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I will say the Cadillac DTS seats I had for my truck were both heated AND cooled leather. It was tied into the climate controls that I never used and didn't get around to making my own. It was a bad ass feature, I did get the messaging lumbar working. :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pulled a rib muscle. Hurts pretty bad. Bounced off a tree on a icy patch. That little emergency correction to avoid disaster did it. Just ouch. Hardtails with poorly tuned front suspension. Just don't get it.... 29'rs also. A fine Sativa strain and a hot shower fixes that...

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I ordered up "in home appliance moving, including stairs" help on Amazon. The dude knew that it was a washer and dryer to be moved, yet he showed up by himself, with jack squat in the way of tools, appliance dollies, etc. Through my tools (including hand truck and tie downs) and lots of sweat and blood we got the washer and dryer upstairs and installed without doing too much damage to anything along the way. (With regard to "we", I thought I was hiring someone to do my dirty work, not volunteering to do it myself!)

I still tipped him since I'm a good guy but I'm definitely not hiring him for anything in the future! (And since I'm not entirely a good guy I filed a Happiness Guarantee claim with Amazon.)