Quantcast

/:/:Wednesday,OK?gmt:\:\

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I ordered up "in home appliance moving, including stairs" help on Amazon. The dude knew that it was a washer and dryer to be moved, yet he showed up by himself, with jack squat in the way of tools, appliance dollies, etc. Through my tools (including hand truck and tie downs) and lots of sweat and blood we got the washer and dryer upstairs and installed without doing too much damage to anything along the way. (With regard to "we", I thought I was hiring someone to do my dirty work, not volunteering to do it myself!)

I still tipped him since I'm a good guy but I'm definitely not hiring him for anything in the future! (And since I'm not entirely a good guy I filed a Happiness Guarantee claim with Amazon.)
That reminds of the one time I bought a fairly heavy washer, with a moving assistance as well. When an 18 wheeler pulled into my tiny street, I knew I was in trouble. Driver was pissed I did not have the usual loading dock, he had no dolly, ramp, nothing... There is still a big dent in the side of my expensive appliance.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I ordered up "in home appliance moving, including stairs" help on Amazon. The dude knew that it was a washer and dryer to be moved, yet he showed up by himself, with jack squat in the way of tools, appliance dollies, etc. Through my tools (including hand truck and tie downs) and lots of sweat and blood we got the washer and dryer upstairs and installed without doing too much damage to anything along the way. (With regard to "we", I thought I was hiring someone to do my dirty work, not volunteering to do it myself!)

I still tipped him since I'm a good guy but I'm definitely not hiring him for anything in the future! (And since I'm not entirely a good guy I filed a Happiness Guarantee claim with Amazon.)
I moved back to Seattle via a corporate paid moving company. When they came to drop my stuff off at my then rental, they showed up with one fat out of shape 60 year old truck driver. Said house was on top of a decently steep driveway that the truck could not get up. I ended up moving 75% of my stuff.

I could have sat around and waiting 20 hours for him to do the job, but I don't have that kind of patience.

He gave me a nice $300 tip.