Quantcast

weds gfmt

lawnmower carburetor removed and cleaned...will reinstall in a while and see if it will stay running. it did sit in the rain a few weeks back so it's possible that some water got in there too. will add new fuel and pray...
Hopefully you're using fuel without ethanol...

Spent much of the day cutting down small trees and removing a big-ass boulder from behind the house - lever, chains, winch, trailer, blah, blah.

Elsa the cat decided that one of my hearing aids was a toy. It is now missing.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
HUZZAH! So, not only has 2023 been basically the worst year of my life,
’24 is shaping up to be pretty bad as well!
Turns out I need TWO complete thumb reconstructions, each major surgeries, each with a six month recovery period.

What’s next?
Divorce?
Death of mother, wife or child?
What’s behind door number three?
I can’t wait!
won’t be able to do much of anything. Pins and complete immobilization for 6 weeks,
Then removable plaster cast for another six.
For each hand.
And I still probably need another shoulder surgery.
Good thing I am prone to depression!
Will I drink?
FUCK NO.
But I have a feeling I am going to suffer. A lot.
Have a nice day!
:D :D :D :D :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Turns out I need TWO complete thumb reconstructions, each major surgeries, each with a six month recovery period.

What’s next?
Divorce?
I can’t wait!
won’t be able to do much of anything. Pins and complete immobilization for 6 weeks,
For each hand.
Will I drink?
FUCK NO.
Have a nice day!
qwqD0ycLPxyG4.gif

:D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Apparently he’s ghosting me. :p
I did just reach out to my cousin in Costa Rica, maybe I’ll stay with her, and do 35 hours of advanced Spanish a week, and volunteer on the weekends.
Trying to turn limón into limonada!
Kiddo is interested in Mexico City, or possibly Lima. We’ll see.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well that was fun .not really I hate taking mandatory online classes although the in person version og the class is twice as long. next week I get to go in for an hour of hands on CPR testing to renew my Cert for another 2 years.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
don't worry @rideit - @stevew will be right over to cheer you up!
Apparently he’s ghosting me. :p
I did just reach out to my cousin in Costa Rica, maybe I’ll stay with her, and do 35 hours of advanced Spanish a week, and volunteer on the weekends.
Trying to turn limón into limonada!
Kiddo is interested in Mexico City, or possibly Lima. We’ll see.
im somewhere in the middle of nowhere in montana...

need to buy a bluetooth speaker somewhere....this fucking van....no bluetooth

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

What’s next?
Divorce?
I can’t wait!
For each hand.
Will I drink?
FUCK NO.
Have a nice day!
I don't want the answer, but just how furiously have you been choking your chicken to destroy both thumbs?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The thing about tandem cycles. Is that once you figure out how they work and can in any measurable way fix or tune them you become the tandem guy. Word gets around. And you're the tandem guy. So instead of one person determining the proper working of said bike. You now have 2. 1 bike 2 folks. Most mechanics will work with 1 bike and 1 rider. Shit gets crazy when two folks get involved. Leaving was my only option. Just because I can service and tune your Dorado. Doesn't mean I want to.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Dingdingding
So how did you fuck off both your thumbs??
----

Was invited to guest brew a fresh hop beer at the local brewery because said beer will be seeing a portion of it's proceeds donated to the trails. I thought we'd be dumping some hops in a kettle and stirring it around. No way, it was a 12 person tour of two hop ranches where we acquired fresh hops and then made them into pellets on site at the brewery. Then we added the hops to the kettles and concluded the festivities. Over 6 hours of traveling around and being immersed in all that's hoppy.

Was getting coffee before hand and saw three dudes walking up the street. They had clean hair and clean shirts, looking like proper humans. They were definitely not "from around here" so I engaged them in conversation. They work at a 30k barrel brewery in Gransbury, TX called Revolver. Nice guys!

Hop harvest is a full on brewer tourist shit show these days.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
So how did you fuck off both your thumbs??
Surgeon couldn’t say for sure, mostly degenerative damage from a life of trail building, playing guitar, cooking professionally…but she has seen me for 25 years, and suggested that “it might have something to do with all of the mountain biking.”
duh.
That said, I have insanely flexible joints that do strange things.
por ejemplo:
B2A214E2-DFD8-41F2-90E4-706F942520F1.jpeg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
This is for both @boostindoubles and @rideit by the way.
I suppose both - I've been trying to stay out of the hop industry the last 7 years so it's strange to see how craft beer has matured. I got bad asthma today. It was fun talking to all the people I met though.

Come down and I'll take you to all the hops you can handle...

@rideit my right hand has been perma sprained for weeks now and I think its my thumb. Fuckin fuck fuck