Quantcast

Wenatchee recap

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
RhinofromWA said:
I only heard about the lady (Sandy?) that gashed her leg or something....

there was a kid down too? :( Hope he is alright.
yeah, I saw it. the kid fell where there's those two small drops pretty close to each other. at first i figured he just got the wind knocked out of him but he wasn't really gettin up and he almost sounded like he was coughing up blood. then my friend came down and stopped during his race run to help the guy so i ran down and told one of the first aid guys. when i went down to see my second run times i heard the people on their walkie talkies saying to get 20-30 people to hand the kid down (I say kid because he was in the 15-16 class). it didn't sound good...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
freeridekid said:
yeah, I saw it. the kid fell where there's those two small drops pretty close to each other. at first i figured he just got the wind knocked out of him but he wasn't really gettin up and he almost sounded like he was coughing up blood. then my friend came down and stopped during his race run to help the guy so i ran down and told one of the first aid guys. when i went down to see my second run times i heard the people on their walkie talkies saying to get 20-30 people to hand the kid down (I say kid because he was in the 15-16 class). it didn't sound good...
Wow I didn't hear about that! Was it up in the trees above the road gap?

I haven't heard anything, not that I would have.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
RhinofromWA said:
Wow I didn't hear about that! Was it up in the trees above the road gap?

I haven't heard anything, not that I would have.
yeah, it was like 30 feet before that last left hand turn before the road gap. i had a fall up there in practice too, but my body armour saved my arse and my bike came out with just a slipped chain (i don't have a chainguide)