Quantcast

### wet dew GMT ###

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
because of the scale required to make can manufacturing cost effective, there are only something like 5 companies that do it in North America.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
this is the MO where i work. i'm honestly ready to pull the ripcord. i'm so fucking fed up with corporate america. we're basically indentured servants.
Well... let's make sure we point out that we are *RIDICULOUSLY* well-paid indentured servants.

But yeah... sometimes even *that* seems to not be worth it. It's too bad I had kids and all these, you know, responsibilities. Fuck adulting. I'm tired of it. :mad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well... let's make sure we point out that we are *RIDICULOUSLY* well-paid indentured servants.

But yeah... sometimes even *that* seems to not be worth it. It's too bad I had kids and all these, you know, responsibilities. Fuck adulting. I'm tired of it. :mad:
idk about ridiculously.... i'm definitely well paid but honestly for the level of horseshit i deal with i should be getting paid more. but i don't play the corporate ass kissing game, i'm just not that kind of sycophant. so i'm never gonna get ahead.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
idk about ridiculously.... i'm definitely well paid but honestly for the level of horseshit i deal with i should be getting paid more. but i don't play the corporate ass kissing game, i'm just not that kind of sycophant. so i'm never gonna get ahead.
You get ahead by changing jobs. It works. Ask me how I know.

Sadly, every corporate job seems to have the same retardations as all the others.

for anyone who wants the tl;dr - my wife is still out of work on disability from the car accident. she is getting jacked around be her/our employer because they fucked up her insurance enrollment for 2019. which is having other impacts because she's in the midst of a series of procedures on her back and neck and has had a number of them delayed because of the insurance snafu. the legal claim for the accident is still probably years away from being finalized. our daughter spent the weekend super sick with a gnarly sinus infection. my job sucks and i'm overloaded and generally hate it. my performance review for '18 was in the shitter because i've had to spend so much time taking care of my family. my review for '19 will suck ass as well because i had to miss a business trip or 2 because of aforementioned surgery delays (caused by our employer). and to top it all off my great aunt (who has been fighting pneumonia since thanksgiving and was diagnosed with lung cancer after christmas) is on hospice now, so i'm gonna be missing more work for the funeral sometime in the coming weeks.
Good luck, dude!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
also, wife and I are DONE having kids. F that noise.
My daughter was 2 days old when I called my doc for a snip appointment. That was 18 years ago.

I have friends that just had babies at my age. A newborn at 48 is not my idea of a good time. :panic:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Kid 3 at age 37 for me.

One of my co-workers had kid 3 at age 45 or 46. Nope, not doing that!

(because for me that’d be kid 4, duh)

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Is it too late to get in on this breeder dick-swinging contest?

50 in November with 7 & 12 year olds.

We have 2 subarus ('06 outback which has started to eat wheel bearings and burn oil and a 2010 Forester, no problems yet) and a 2010 Honda civic -- all purchased used.

I run/own my own business (transcription work) so I work for myself and yet my boss is STILL an asshole...

When I'm not watching monkeys fling poo (or falling off/shoveling my snow-laden roof) I like to daydream about riding my unrideabru 5 year old 26" Yeti ASR-5 in the high country -- which would have been replaced already if it wasn't for those damn meddling kids...

upload_2019-1-30_12-28-45.jpeg

wait, what...

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have 6 with another on the way and my oldest is about to turn 11.

Wait, are we talking about bikes or those little people some people foolishly choose to ruin their lives with?

I definitely don't have any of the latter and nor do wife or I want any.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
mark my words, one of them is gonna total a car before they graduate high school.
I'm pretty sure the middle kid ain't even gonna have his *license* before he graduates. The oldest only has 4 months to go until graduation.

The youngest is a complete wild-card. :D

Is it too late to get in on this breeder dick-swinging contest?

50 in November with 7 & 12 year olds.
Damn.

++vibes

:D

I have 6 with another on the way and my oldest is about to turn 11.

Wait, are we talking about bikes or those little people some people foolishly choose to ruin their lives with?

I definitely don't have any of the latter and nor do wife or I want any.
Goddam DINKs. :rant: