### wet dew GMT ###

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Tell us a story, Unca Canadmos!
:stupid:

i cannot fathom that.

a guy that used to work here had his first kid late. at 50. it was twins.
Fuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkk that. One of the guys here had a post vasectomy kid in his early 50's. :fie:

Still runnin'... as is the Subaru... both well over 200K. Hopefully they'll keep running until the kids are out of college. :dead:
Can't wreck what you cant get started.

mark my words, one of them is gonna total a car before they graduate high school.
i know, because i was the kid that totaled their parents car before graduation.
2 cars.

OK....you KNOW I have to jump in here and say.......HAhahahahaha....Subaru........keep running......that's f'ing gold, right there. :bonk:
:stupid:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
that joke is almost as old as SS's subaru.... keep trying

:stosh:
Other than the constant oil leaking, the head gaskets, and the non-stop eating of axle-shafts, the old thing DOES keep running... except when the fuel pump shits the bed. Then it didn't. For a few days.

I'm hoping that *if* a car gets totaled... it's the Subaru. My wife will be pissed... but...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Have been fortunate to avoid any issues with those. Belt was changed around 140K when teh head gaskets went.

"While you've got the motor out, you may as well replace the cam seals, the main seals, the timing belt, and all the clutch components."
I forgot about the water pump. You should probably do that at the same time because you have to tear the engine half way apart to do that too.

But other than that, great car!

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
if you find something good that'll fit in a small box send it to me
Pm me your address and ill send you some random thing. Didn't have much time to go through what was left, looked mostly like trash. I did find two 2019 nudie calender's from my cousins wreaking yard. Now i get to give him shit for the way i got mine. But there is always random stuff let me know what kind of weird things you like.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i cannot fathom that.

a guy that used to work here had his first kid late. at 50. it was twins.
Two examples are Latin males who feel it is their job to populate the planet with new offspring with each girl they settle down with. The idea of being fixed goes against the Bible or something.

The couple just down the road had their first at 45ish? That kid ain't right.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Two examples are Latin males who feel it is their job to populate the planet with new offspring with each girl they settle down with. The idea of being fixed goes against the Bible or something.

The couple just down the road had their first at 45ish? That kid ain't right.
The biggest problem that kid is gonna have is that if/when he has kids, he's gonna have to change not only his own kids diaper, but his parents diapers at the same time.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
-400 deg Kelvin here. We all should be dead in a few hours. They are forecasting it will get to -500 in a few hours. Humans and their things cannot survive those temps. Just as well my Bread and Milk resources have been exhausted. It was good knowing you all.....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Two kids here. 5 and 2. Boys. I seriously don't know how people do more. My wife and I both work and we pay 2k a month in daycare/after school care. I feel like I haven't had a legit night of sleep in 5 years. Adding the second kid quadrupled the work and stress (or probably more). It really is crazy to think about sheer cost of it all. I did the math, could buy a brand new pretty baller car, like an R8 or a Porsche Turbo in lieu of the kids and it would be cheaper, plus easily paid off in 6-7 years. I use that to cry myself to sleep.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Two kids here. 5 and 2. Boys. I seriously don't know how people do more. My wife and I both work and we pay 2k a month in daycare/after school care.
Yeah - wife stayed home for ~5y when we started. That helped a LOT. Then when she went back to work, I took a couple years off.
I feel like I haven't had a legit night of sleep in 5 years.
QFT.
Adding the second kid quadrupled the work and stress (or probably more).
We were lucky in that the 1st kid was super-easy... the 2nd... not so much.
It really is crazy to think about sheer cost of it all. I did the math, could buy a brand new pretty baller car, like an R8 or a Porsche Turbo in lieu of the kids and it would be cheaper, plus easily paid off in 6-7 years. I use that to cry myself to sleep.
Yeah - this is something you should never do. Ever. Not even once. I realize it's too late for you... but... :D

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Same way for us with the kids. Our first one is super chill. Still is. The younger one is a freakin' maniac and probably accounts for 90% of my stress. He seriously has no chill. He might need a kennel or something.

We live in SoCal. Our original house was 900sq ft. We ended up deciding to move, mainly to get into better school districts but also to get a bit more space, but that also forced our hand of my wife pretty much having to work, which she enjoys anyway. Housing just continues to get more stupid around here. We only bought 4 years ago and couldn't afford to buy our own house already at current market.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Currently feels like -18 freedom units. Three of us heading out to ride.

We'll see how many of us make it back.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Two kids here. 5 and 2. Boys. I seriously don't know how people do more. My wife and I both work and we pay 2k a month in daycare/after school care. I feel like I haven't had a legit night of sleep in 5 years. Adding the second kid quadrupled the work and stress (or probably more). It really is crazy to think about sheer cost of it all. I did the math, could buy a brand new pretty baller car, like an R8 or a Porsche Turbo in lieu of the kids and it would be cheaper, plus easily paid off in 6-7 years. I use that to cry myself to sleep.
This is why it's good in a way I married a teacher. We aren't giving up much by having her not work, and what we save in preschool... oh wait. I paid for the elder two kids to go to full day preschool despite her not working.

Wait a minute...

:thinks:

:D

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Well. Theoretically, if my wife didn't work, that would free up quite a bit that we wouldn't have to spend on daycare, but we are way in the positive with her job. A third kid would tighten that gap considerably....not to mention make both of us question our sanity.

The youngest is almost three, but still having issues talking, which I think is actually a lot of it. He had tubes put in his ears, which did help with improvement, but he's still nowhere near where my oldest was at the same age. I think the lack of ease of communication makes it difficult for all parties involved. We still have to go back to have him re-evaluated and see what's up.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Had to run into Target on my lunch break to get some household goods.

The sketchy lady outside told me it was bad to wear what I am wearing because "the people who killed Jesus 2000 years ago wore that". I am wearing jeans, a polo shirt and boots. I didn't realize the ancient Romans worked in a office casual environment.....

I was tempted to stop and find out WTF she was talking about but it's a work day and I don't have time for crazy.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
So, I got my height measured yesterday. I have lost an inch.
At least my cock is the same size...I checked. (Heh)
Getting old is a bitch.
Maybe it just looks the same size, you lost an inch there as well but proportions haven't changed?

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
My forman had a kid seven years ago in his late 50's his wife didnt know antibiotics canceled birth control. The other kids are mid 20's and up. His wife died two months after my dad last year. She was 54 my dad 76, Its really sad, I help him out a lot. Hes a great guy with a really cool story.
Im really lucky my karla doesnt have to work. My lawyer says to not use w%$# for legal reasons.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife just went out for the evening, I now need to fend for myself for dinner. This was forgotten by me, I do not have the necessary supplies to make fajitas...