Quantcast

~# Wets day GMT #~

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's going to nationals for K1/indoor. She's tied for 1st, so far ahead that with the normal 10-14 kid fields, it is mathematically impossible for them to be caught. They are 45 points up, which means they need a combined 45 kids in 2 races. They haven't had that in the last 3mos combined. She could skip November and December and STILL get 2nd.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I’ve had three root canals. When I changed dentists I discovered that two of those were probably unnecessary since I had no pain in either tooth. The tooth that I went to him for was supposed to need a root canal or pulled. Old dentist used some pretty effective scare tactics. New dentist took one look and said it was just a cavity and he could fix it right then.

Always get a second opinion if there is any kind of medical procedure involved.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'm going to the dentist tomorrow. for the first time since i had a root canal (and never got a crown) maybe 4 or 5 years ago. #skeerd.

not sure why people don't like root canals though. mine didn't feel any worse than a filling to me.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Paging Dr. @rideit , Dr. @rideit to a white courtesy phone...
JFC, the mother-fucking mechanic hit a nerve with the anaesthesia, which caused shaking and mild hyperventilation. He then proceeded to fuck up, and accidentally drill through the tooth and into the bone. Oops. He says he ‘thinks he fixed it’.
And the pharmacy across the street is out of Oxy or Hydrocodone.
And it’s after 5:00.
I am NEVER having this proceedure done again without general anaesthesia, If I can.
But don’t let that stop you….

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
JFC, the mother-fucking mechanic hit a nerve with the anaesthesia, which caused shaking and mild hyperventilation. He then proceeded to fuck up, and accidentally drill through the tooth and into the bone. Oops. He says he ‘thinks he fixed it’.
And the pharmacy across the street is out of Oxy or Hydrocodone.
And it’s after 5:00.
I am NEVER having this proceedure done again without general anaesthesia, If I can.
But don’t let that stop you….
:panic:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I’ve had three root canals. When I changed dentists I discovered that two of those were probably unnecessary since I had no pain in either tooth. The tooth that I went to him for was supposed to need a root canal or pulled. Old dentist used some pretty effective scare tactics. New dentist took one look and said it was just a cavity and he could fix it right then.

Always get a second opinion if there is any kind of medical procedure involved.
It’s been hurting for two weeks. First I thought it was an ear ache. It’s gotten to the point it’s hard to eat. I bailed and called my dentist. Last molar on left side bottom is cracked corner of the tooth is trying to leave the chat. He said a crown would probably fix. After a discussion I really don’t want to fix it twice.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
what kind of speeds are you alleged to get with teh fiberz?
The bottom-of-the-barrel plan is 500/500Mbps. "Standard" plan is 1000/1000Mbps.
:stupid:

Opted for bottom of barrel plan because it was only 50bucks a month. Cheaper than what we had at the old place and still 10x faster.

1000004411.png

Edit to add:
At least so far, customer service has been amazing. Funny how things change when suddenly there are options.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Opted for bottom of barrel plan because it was only 50bucks a month. Cheaper than what we had at the old place and still 10x faster.
This is what we're going to do - I'm mostly interested in it for the upload speed, TBH. We currently get ~400Mbps down and it's plenty for work/streaming, but 10Mbps upload is fk'n dumb.

Edit to add:
At least so far, customer service has been amazing. Funny how things change when suddenly there are options.
Definitely looking forward to NOT having Comcast or CenturyLink as a provider...