Quantcast

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
also worth noting: suspension companies that are not listed
push? ohlins?

oh wait, fox - the little guy.

i'm still waiting for a 12 pic slideshow about this from vital - they must be busy putting up more 'white list our site' banners.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
also, after shocks are only listed in mm, frame travel will only be listed in inches and rounded to the nearest whole number. pretty sure that's written in the spec.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
So are they going to change tire sizes to millimeters instead of inches now also? Seems kinda silly to have rim width in millimeters and tire size in inches, which just happens to be the exact opposite of how car tires are sized(rim width in inches, tire width in millimeters). Just think of how impressive your mid-fat 29+ tire is gonna sound as a 76.2mm tire.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i friggin wish.

comical that fox is not on board..."uh fuck you guys, we're doing the same thing we always do thank you very much...new float RP3.14 coming soon with three perfectly round useless adjustments"

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

[bongshed][/bongshed]

If this is a joke, which it clearly is (even if its serious, its still a joke), the funny part is that its a joke about a joke, being made by the very people that the joke is about. So in the end, its really not a joke?

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
I think it's a good move.

People who have experience in suspension maintenance and engineering will agree that the room inside the current shocks (especially the 200x57 which is very popular) is very limited, and that makes engineers compromise a lot of things like the length of the shaft bushing, the amount of oil, IFP length, IFP chamber volume, space for adjusters (rebound adjuster on Vector Air and Float X for example), air piston length, air spring volumes and equalization port location etc.

I have spent a lot of time figuring out how to make some shocks perform better or be more reliable and most mods would require more space.

Anyways, hopefully those brands will collaborate together and come up with some shock sizes that won't need any change for at least a decade.