Quantcast

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
SRAM should go ahead and fire their propaganda team. This year they went out with this metric moronity just in time for April's Fools, but do you guys remember that stupid "made for the top 3%" shit they pulled out for the Vivid Air? Seriously, a guy selling kebab in a Turkish zoco does better at advertising...
mhmmm, kebab

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
SRAM should go ahead and fire their propaganda team. This year they went out with this metric moronity just in time for April's Fools, but do you guys remember that stupid "made for the top 3%" shit they pulled out for the Vivid Air? Seriously, a guy selling kebab in a Turkish zoco does better at advertising...
Until sales drop they don't have too. That's the problem with oligopolies. Just look at Facebook and their customer service (for ad buyers), or google for that matter.

As for the reverb + seattube If we go that way why not a new pedal insert standard for "bigger more reliable bearings inside the crank" ?

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
As for the reverb + seattube If we go that way why not a new pedal insert standard for "bigger more reliable bearings inside the crank" ?
Way ahead of you. 'Power Spindle' pedals, they won't work with your old cranks and if your bike comes with compatible cranks you won't be able to use your old pedals on it. Working on a new cleat interface that's incompatible with shoes currently on the market but offers 'Nebulous Benefits' and will obviously only work with the new Power Spindle crank/pedal system.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Way ahead of you. 'Power Spindle' pedals, they won't work with your old cranks and if your bike comes with compatible cranks you won't be able to use your old pedals on it. Working on a new cleat interface that's incompatible with shoes currently on the market but offers 'Nebulous Benefits' and will obviously only work with the new Power Spindle crank/pedal system.
Isn't it basically the same idea? Bigger pedal insert means you need new cranks. ? We could also try to invent a different derailleur mount so you need a new frame for 1x12.

On the bright side if we keep the current pace of "we need to implement every new standard to make people buy new bikes" there is a chance we will see a gearbox bike from a big company. After all it would mean new hubs, chains, gearboxes for sram and new frames for whoever sells their soul to them.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
"bigger more reliable bearings inside the crank"
now that you said that, it will probably happen soon. big brother is reading this forum...
I made my self a headset to change head angle for my sunday at 2006.... post here some pics... and look at it now
I made my self a headset to shorten reach on my DHR 3(?) years a go...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
What's old is new again.