Quantcast

What I think is awesome............

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The original "drifters"...and we used it to keep our speed. Nothing better than dumping it into a corner and then steering with the gas pedal.
We have a dirt oval just outside of town that's a blast to go to for races. They run just about every class out there, too.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I've always been a dog lover. They're always so happy and excited every time i get home from work. It's like they never expected me to come home. Almost like they want to throw a party every time. Even when i'm only gone for 15 minutes. Goof balls. I have two boxers that always make my day better.

When you say that you work with dogs, what exactly do you do?
I work at a dog day care part time. I now officially know over 100 dogs personally. I am teaching myself about dog behavior and training since taking the job. I have become obsessed with how different individual dogs are. I've also become obsessed with how stupid people are when it comes to dealing with dogs behavioral issues. Maybe one day people will pay me to teach them how to correct their stupidity.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I work at a dog day care part time. I now officially know over 100 dogs personally. I am teaching myself about dog behavior and training since taking the job. I have become obsessed with how different individual dogs are. I've also become obsessed with how stupid people are when it comes to dealing with dogs behavioral issues. Maybe one day people will pay me to teach them how to correct their stupidity.
I wish i had time to do something like that. it would probably help me figure out my young boxer. He's crazy. I gotta get him to obedience school. He's barely a year old now. He seriously is so hyper. If he gets out the door to the front yard, he's running all over the place mach 3 and you can hardly ever catch him. Just haven't had the time to take him to the classes yet. He's crazy. Goofy little duder.

I'm hoping that when i get him out running with me while i ride, it'll chill him out a bit. It helped a ton with my other boxers. They quit trying to escape the house all the time to wander around and smell things. I think it kinda cured their appetite for wandering.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar

I think Paris Hilton is just awesome.
I'll agree with you. She's a complete friggin moron, but still easy on the eyes. Something about tall, slender blondes. The funny thing is that i've never even dated a blond. Every girl i've dated has been brunette. Weird.

Mar 12, 2009
I'll agree with you. She's a complete friggin moron, but still easy on the eyes. Something about tall, slender blondes. The funny thing is that i've never even dated a blond. Every girl i've dated has been brunette. Weird.
Quite weird, too. I've always been surrounded by blond missus all this time :disgust1:

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Dirt car + Asphalt track = best fvckin drift ever!!!

We had the good fortune of being allowed to do the same thing at our local paved oval, buzzed a asphalt rightrear that was a "hard" compound right off the rim in 10 laps on a 1/2 mile banked track. The smoke show and sound of a big block twisting gave me wood. It sucked that guy backed it into a wall though...he had that car strokin.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Cafe racers. Classy old Japanese rwd cars. Somehow, DeLoreans are also dope, maybe I've seen 'Back To The Future' too many times

Last edited:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
here's another. The Donger does the best frontside 3's. I couldn't even do them that good on my snowboard. gotta love the Op Ivy soundtrack too. It's a trip to see what they were doing back in the day. I see kids at the local skateparks that struggle with some of the tricks these guys were doing back in the 80's. SICK!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
i love vw rabbits. I had one. An 84 four door that i put a 97 jetta block into. throw on a GTI head, GTI tranny, coilovers, strut and sway bars, cam, full exhaust, and i had me a really fun autocross car. This isn't mine. Mine didn't look good at all.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
DUDE!!! this thing has a see-through head and the eyes are embedded in the head!!! That is awesome; big ups to mother nature :clapping:

And the encounter has helped researchers solve the 50-year-old mystery of how the fish uses its extraordinary eyes to see in the gloomy ocean depths.

Ever since the Barreleye Fish was discovered in 1939, marine biologists have known that its tubular eyes were very good at collecting light.

New research shows that the unusual eyes can rotate within a transparent shield that covers the fish's head.

This allows the Barreleye to peer up at potential prey or focus forward to see what it is eating.

Barreleyes typically live near the depth where sunlight from the surface fades to complete blackness.

They use their ultra-sensitive tubular eyes to search for the faint silhouettes of prey overhead.

Bruce Robison and Kim Reisenbichler of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute used videos from the institute's remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) to study Barreleyes off Central California.

At depths of 2,000 to 2,600 feet, (600 to 800 meters) below the surface, the cameras typically showed the fish hanging motionless in the water, its eyes glowing a vivid green in the bright lights.

In addition to their amazing "headgear," Barreleyes have a variety of other interesting adaptations to deep-sea life. Their large, flat fins allow them to remain nearly motionless in the water.
...it is almost as Awesome as a sagittal crest

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
awesome:

Valentines dance at church and the wife and I still partially remember our 10 yr old swing routine :thumb:

yeah..we won the dance off :D
Also the Climbing Lotus from the Kama Sutra. :thumbs:

Lots of cars. :disgust1:

mine....

fresh snow.

having two dogs that love it as well.

fresh garlic.

snowshoe-ing.

Sailing with the fam.

2 for 1...Hemmingway & the FL Keys.

Amsterdam.

Paddling home from work.

BBQ & wine.

New Orleans.

Sunsets & Jamaica.

Wine tastings & Malbec.

Duck gumbo from Gallatoires.

Moab.

& much more.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Rollerblading... because I still do it, and it's a dying (errr... dead) sport. (I took the picture. This isn't me.)

An epic riding day at Northstar with good people because riding with good people makes all the world of difference.

Getting tattoo work done because, well, "no pain, no gain."

Nikon D3 because, well, it's my dream camera and looks frickin' baller.

The wife, over 18 months ago, saying "yes".

Vans. Almost any kind. Why? Because they're Vans.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
TN,
Very, very good contribution. i wish i could paddle home from work. looks like you're one hell of a traveling man. I wish i had some gumbo.
I only like the snow when i'm snowboarding in it. Can't afford it lately, so i wish it were gone.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Pretty mike,
How is Northstar? I'm actually getting married in Tahoe in July and i'm bringing the DH bike so i can hit Northstar while i'm out there. Can't wait. I'm also packing the trail bike. Any trails you'd recommend?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Lots of cars. :disgust1:
I would take a picture of the freaks on the bus during my commute (which are very awesome), but I fear the angry mob reaction.

You don't want to upset the bus. It's taken me years to blend in with them.

I can't wait to move so I can ride in every morning.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
a few more awesome things:

kayak trip around magnetic island, Townsville, AUS

my unit in the marines...man those birds were rad

meeting a local in Bali that knew i didn't want to surf the "tourist" spots...so he took me here

and you could only paddle out/back in at low tide so you knew you were surfing for at least 4 hours straight!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I had a couple pair of Vans that i really miss. I used to skateboard in them a bit. I had some of the Madrid Fly's, some of the dark red Chukka boots, and a pair of high top suede skate shoes with a rubber toe. Those were dope. I'm at work, so i can't post pics. I'll have to see if i can find any when i go home.

I really like a lot of vintage style skate shoes. Last year i saw some Vision Street Wear at Big 5 that i wanted to buy for riding skateparks and DH. Didn't have my size. They were the old skool ones with the ollie pad on the side. Straight black.

I also love the old skool airwalks that were suede and canvas with lace savers. And the air walk "prototypes". Those were all cool in my book too. I'll have to do some diggin around for pics tonight.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I had a couple pair of Vans that i really miss. I used to skateboard in them a bit. I had some of the Madrid Fly's, some of the dark red Chukka boots, and a pair of high top suede skate shoes with a rubber toe. Those were dope. I'm at work, so i can't post pics. I'll have to see if i can find any when i go home.

I really like a lot of vintage style skate shoes. Last year i saw some Vision Street Wear at Big 5 that i wanted to buy for riding skateparks and DH. Didn't have my size. They were the old skool ones with the ollie pad on the side. Straight black.

I also love the old skool airwalks that were suede and canvas with lace savers. And the air walk "prototypes". Those were all cool in my book too. I'll have to do some diggin around for pics tonight.
VSW's were awesome but the ollie pads always wore out.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Pretty mike,
How is Northstar? I'm actually getting married in Tahoe in July and i'm bringing the DH bike so i can hit Northstar while i'm out there. Can't wait. I'm also packing the trail bike. Any trails you'd recommend?
Leppah, Northstar is awesome, man. Super fun. There's a little bit of everything. If you're familiar with the technical side of DH riding, you'll love the old side (left side) of the mountain. If you want smoother jumps, breaking bumps, drops, berms, high speed, etc. you'll love the new side of the mountain.

If you're coming out here, AND bringing the DH bike, you definitely need to spend at least a day or two hitting Northstar.

As for trails? I spent 10 days in Tahoe last summer riding... (well, 9. I took a nasty crash on my 9th day and had to sit out the 10th day), but I spent each day at Northstar. I know there are some awesome trails out there, but have no clue where they are, nor how to get to them. Haha...

But there are plenty of people in the NorCaL area who can show you were to go.

Let me know when you'll be out here. We should hook up and I'll show you around Northstar a little. And congrats on the wedding! My 1 yr. anniversary is coming up in June. :clapping:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Prettymike,
I'll be out there the weekend of July 18th. I'm getting married that day. So i'll probably have to play it safe and only ride DH one day. Probably sunday just to make sure i don't get jacked up on a gnarly trail.
Some of my Dh bros are going to be coming out. We'd love to have someone show us the ropes out there. We like everything from techy rock gardens to swooping turns and berms. We'll ride anything. They're all semi pro DH racers, way faster than me. I'm sure they'd love to have someone show them around to the good stuff.
I'll definitely be checking in with you as the time gets closer. I'll be out there till the 20th.