Quantcast

What would you do if you won the lottery?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Well, I would buy a new house........Car.....Blah blah blah

I would buy every bike i had ever wanted

I would open up a bike shop

I would buy sweet ass stuff to raffle off on RM ( Full downhill bikes-Cars)

And put most of it in the bank, some in stocks and bonds.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i'd invest the money and keep on doing what i'm doing, going to school. i couldn't stand doing nothing, even if nothing involved riding all the time.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
hmm....lets see BUY RM ....take a few riding road trips...and race a full race season with a few freinds and a huge team bus :drool:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Move to Tahoe, ride Northstar all summer, ski Squaw all winter. And I'd need a WRX wagon for transportation. Other than that, I don't know what I'd do with all that dough. Probably take the Toshi route and invest the rest of it.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
quit my job and find a little part time job in a bike shop or something - just so I can have MORE TIME to ride.

other than that, I don't think it would drastically change my lifestyle...I would still live cheap and put the $$ away.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Probably open or pick up a part time job in a bike shop just for something to keep me busy. Spend a lot of time riding, and do a lot of travelling.

I'd throw a lot of money at my favorite companies/businesses... Like RM, Evil/E.13, probably a couple of the local places. Set my parents up and let 'em retire. The usual: new house(s), new car(s), new bike(s), new computer(s). I'd have a lot of really happy friends...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
two chicks at the same time
ding ding ding, we have a winner!

I would quit my job pay off my debts and go back to school. Get my masters and pick up a few other degrees on the way, basically become a professional student for a while. Then I would open a machine shop and torture my former employers by becoming a customer of theirs.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
First thing I would do is take care of my family. We grew up with with little money, and I would love to see my mom, my brother and his family, and my sister never have to worry about money again.

As far as meterial things go, I'd probably buy a bigger house, pay off my car (I like my car), get the wife whatever kind of car she wants (probably a Beemer of some kind), and take an extended vacation. And I would absolutely quit my job until I found out what I want to do to pass the time. :)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I'd buy about 500 acres of land in the mountains and build a cabing dead in the middle just so I wouldnt have to see people anymore. The land would have a trout stream so I could flyfish and a motoX track and a DH course with lift service. Id have freeride stunts everywhere and hold MTB festivals all the time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
a million $ doesn't go very far these days...at least not for these sort of fantasies.

It is not like anyone here has any chance of winning the lottery. Work hard, invest then enjoy your money when your too old to do anything fun with it. :mad:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
a million $ doesn't go very far these days...at least not for these sort of fantasies.
I dont think he said only ONE million, he just said millionaire.

J

JRB

I would make sure I was set for a while. Take some time off. Ride my bike. Pay off a mod to change my custom title. I would also buy some big trout to put in the streams so BS could catch one. I would then go get a BS is a nice guy bumper sticker made to hopefully reverse the bad karma of the other sticker I made up that got me this friggin custom title. Either way, I would try to not be ball fondler. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
I agree, and if you win a $1 million lottery, you'd take home about $600k. However, when I think "lottery", I think of Powerball and it's $10 million minimum jackpot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
BS, you should be all set w/ 600K if you want to play hermit in the hills of TN.

I think you could by TN for 600K, except for Graceland and Dollywood, thems places is fancy.

J

JRB

Acadian said:
All this talk about $$ is bringing me down... :(

I need to mary a rich hottie!! ;) then gain...that might make things worse! hahaha

By gain, do you mean "again". Does that scare you that she'll make you go to school and it'll cut into your riding time. Or do you mean that you'll gain weight. Either way, that is pretty scary.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
BS, you should be all set w/ 600K if you want to play hermit in the hills of TN.
That's one of the main reasons I love it here. Im buying about 20 acres this summer and its only going to cost me 20K. Then Im going to build a house myself for about 55K. My GFs dad owns a company that does backhoe work. I know carpentry. My dad knows electrical. Im going to be set for next to nothing and have a nice ass house. TN is awesome.

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:
My GFs dad owns a company that does backhoe work.
You building a cave??? :D That's cool, septic here is like 12,000. You can't do it yourself, so it's not like you can rent a machine. I am sure he is qualified having a company and all.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco-gringo said:
You building a cave??? :D That's cool, septic here is like 12,000. You can't do it yourself, so it's not like you can rent a machine. I am sure he is qualified having a company and all.
Yeah, its going to cost me absolutely nothing to get the sceptic and the basement dug. Awesome! The only thing I wont be building myself is the chimney and fireplace because my uncle is a mason who will do it for material cost plus beer. Its good to have blue collar blood.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
well after doing the usual....pay off school loans, buy my mom a nice house and her dream car, move out of the ghettos of Boston to a nice neighborhood, and buy a few bikes and a SICK truck...id say that id get a handful of my riding buddies together, tell them to pack their bags and their bikes, and go on like a month long riding epic journey around the world, riding and filming the best riding spots on the globe.........all on my tab :) but id have to win Powerball, a million wouldnt last long for sure.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
loco-gringo said:
By gain, do you mean "again". Does that scare you that she'll make you go to school and it'll cut into your riding time. Or do you mean that you'll gain weight. Either way, that is pretty scary.
ya I meant "again"...

why would I go to school? to improve on my English?

in case you didn't know...English is not my primary language.

J

JRB

Acadian said:
ya I meant "again"...

why would I go to school? to improve on my English?

in case you didn't know...English is not my primary language.
That doesn't matter. Grammar police pick on everyone. ;)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Buy a huge ass house, better cars and make sure my family would be set for life as far as any financial needs go. Would I still work? F yeah I like working, but I'd make sure I had unlimited vacation time.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i probably wouldn't do much if anything different. material good such as our cars and house are more than adequate, my family is doing fine and doesn't need any $...i'd probably give a decent chunk to my college (brown), as i did get a decent amount of financial aid when i was a student, and although i do give each year, i'd throw in more (but not enough to get a building named after me).

maybe i'd get a kick-ass stereo. i'd like to see south america too.

J

JRB

narlus said:
maybe i'd get a kick-ass stereo. i'd like to see south america too.
Those chicks aren't really in South America. We just use the forum to post pics yo. :rolleyes:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Westy said:
I think you could by TN for 600K, except for Graceland and Dollywood, thems places is fancy.
nah, Graceland can be had CHEAP, it is in the middle of one Memphis' biggest ghettos. I dunno about Dollywood though.

I would post a poll on RM about how to quit my job....Then i would quit in the fashion that has the most votes.

...& kick my cat & spit on an old lady.