Quantcast

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Buy homes in SoCal and RI.

Pay off all my families’ mortgages.

New vehicles for the wife and I... but nothing too fancy

Create a scholarship in my wife’s name for her old high school (only reason she was able to go to college was because of scholarships and she wants to let others have the same opportunity)

Travel for a year

Go to medical school to become an orthopedic surgeon

Buy a tank of Gas in SoCal

Invest whatever is left over... if anything

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I Are Baboon said:
I agree, and if you win a $1 million lottery, you'd take home about $600k. However, when I think "lottery", I think of Powerball and it's $10 million minimum jackpot.
Lottery money in Canadia is tax free. muaahahahha :D

Its pretty much been said...take care of the fam, buy a nice house somewhere in BC, buy some little shacks in all the little towns that have good trails, a bike or 7, probably a couple cars..nothing crazy, maybe start a machine shop, build trails, travel.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Damn True said:
Just curious to know what folks would do if they found themselves to suddenly be a millionaire.

First of all...get a pimpin pad in Tahoe...I would wait to quit my job...wait for what you might ask? I would lay in wait for that one real f*cker to call to bitch about his stupid tree or sidewalk...and I'd lay into em...tell to f the f off and to shove it up their ass and such...then I'd leave...my boss and I both have this fantasy about doing that if one of us wins the lottery.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
First of all...get a pimpin pad in Tahoe...I would wait to quit my job...wait for what you might ask? I would lay in wait for that one real f*cker to call to bitch about his stupid tree or sidewalk...and I'd lay into em...tell to f the f off and to shove it up their ass and such...then I'd leave...my boss and I both have this fantasy about doing that if one of us wins the lottery.
You gotta have the pimpin place in Tahoe, I would definatly get a better place up there:thumb:

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I'd find someone really good to manage my money for me, buy a house in the hills with lots of acreage, buy my chick a few horses, me a new bike - and open a bikeshop. Then I'd pay someone else to take care of the books, etc.. at the shop so I could just hang out listen to music, drink coffee, eat brownies :D & work on bikes - like I did when I worked at Bicycle John's on Kauai. I'd probably return to school after a couple years of doing this and study forensic anthropology...oh yeah, I'd collect all of the banking software from the server room here at my (current) work... and I'd make a bonfire to warm my feet by while I drank off a keg of Tripple with my friends.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
This is where Brian is fishing for a compliment on his pimpin pad in Tahoe...:D

Better place? You are so damn superficial and greedy! :nope:
I wanna be down on the lake, if they'd only call the #'s I pick I wouldn't have to complain :p I do actually like my place, but there's always room for improvement.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Brian HCM#1 said:
I wanna be down on the lake, if they'd only call the #'s I pick I wouldn't have to complain :p I do actually like my place, but there's always room for improvement.

Ohhhh ok...I gotcha...I was gonna say your house is pretty damn nice, but on the lake would be even better!

You ever see that one old house on the way to Crystal Bay? I think it's just before the Chris Craft boat place and the mini golf course where I kicked carlos' ass....It's on the lake...looks like it should be in New England...white house, round windows and wrap around porch? I would love to knock on that door and ask em to sell it to me and just pimp the place out...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
Ohhhh ok...I gotcha...I was gonna say your house is pretty damn nice, but on the lake would be even better!

You ever see that one old house on the way to Crystal Bay? I think it's just before the Chris Craft boat place and the mini golf course where I kicked carlos' ass....It's on the lake...looks like it should be in New England...white house, round windows and wrap around porch? I would love to knock on that door and ask em to sell it to me and just pimp the place out...
I don't know if I ever paid attention to some of the homes there, however I ALWAYS drool over those Chris Crafts :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :thumb:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
edit: 1st: I guess I could stop looking for a job. :help:

Naturally it depends on the amount of $$$$$, but I always thought that aside from the obvious (that being sharing with my very small family and some smart investing so I would have lots of expendable income for the rest of my life) I would buy modest pads in many different areas that I like to visit instead of one giant palace somewhere. That way I could have a home away from home for extended stays PLUS be able to offer their use to friends and family when I wasn't there. I love to travel and ride, so I wouldn't want a grand mansion somewhere that sat empty 1/2 the time.

If I REALLY hit it big and had stupid money, I'd try to give my best friends a "clean slate" by squashing their debt. It's easy to get in deep when you have college loans, mortgage, start families etc. I'd love to give my closest friends a second chance. Think about how much you could accomplish if every dime you made went towards new goals vs. paying off old bills (like your tab at the massage parlor).

Then there is the wave of new toys, cars, bikes etc.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Nick said:
<snip>
If I REALLY hit it big and had stupid money, I'd try to give my best friends a "clean slate" by squashing their debt. It's easy to get in deep when you have college loans, mortgage, start families etc. I'd love to give my closest friends a second chance.
This would be a grand way to get rid of even stupid money.....

Just ask MC Hammer. ;)

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stoney98 said:
For starters, I'd keep working, though parttime. I'd just want to trade. No financial planning. then, I'd buy a yeti quiver, an STI, a prerunner, 996, and figure out the financind on a nice place in the city (knob hill?) with a garage for my toys. Beyond that, I'd put my money 50% into income generating, 50% into growth. The income and my parttime work would net me ~60K (based on current plus assumed funds) the growth would allow me to continue making money for the future.

After that, since I'd have all the time on my hands, I'd find my perfect girl, get married and enjoy my life. Oh and hire Avril Levine to play at my beck and call.
:sneaky:

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
stoney98 said:
hmm... well it's not you.
seriously. My bikes, my world, my website. My girlfriends all respected this. My family respects this. Why can't you?
I'm not your perfect guy. Let it go.
is this chick some kind of stalker?

can we get the scoop?

can i get a hoodie, too?

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
What everyone else said. I'd also make a movie. Pay the rest of my sister's education. Probably give her and my parents a good amount of the money.

I'd also really like to take the money and make the most powerful, most indestructable car. So when there's traffic I can just plow through everyone. Or if someone is being an idiot at the supermarket parking lot, just plow through them.

Basically I would like to use my indestructable car to just mow through everyone on my daily commute.

I would then use the rest of the money on a team of whip smart lawyers to deal with all the people I might have angered with my indestructable super car.

Aug 22, 2004
i think i would........ buy a bike,no, i would buy every bike i have ever wanted,i would buy that new Ford GT,and maybe another car like one of the new jeep rubicons with the V8 and probly invest the rest and keep on keepin' on at the whole school thing. :thumb:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'd finally have enough money to bankroll BSTC Inc. "The corporate giant with the personal touch" ;)

New car, house in the gold country and set my family up for life. The usual.

The real question would be what would your bike quiver look like with unlimited budget.

The whole damn '05 Turner lineup and a road bike would do nicely :)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Find a small house with a large garage. Get a Bluetick or Majestic treehound. Drop a Doublecab and not worry about anything else.

Collect a Heb, a Split window, and an Oval window.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'd still work, although this would mean I need to get a job first.:p
I think I'd just up and buy a bike shop (perhaps Alki Bike and Board, so it would be run like it needs to be run). I'd get pro-deals on everything at that point as well, soooooooo I guess I'd have a massive collection of bikes for every occaision.
Buy some land with some wicked terrain and build my own freeride/DH/XC park. All would be welcome...no admission charges - maybe some help building though.
Then there's the obligatory summer road trips - take my closest bros and hit a different region of the world each year. They'd be riding new bikes as well.
The rest of the money is definitely for family...get any of them out of the red. The rest would still get something as well.
I might as well get a summer-season pass for Whistler (for life) while I'm at it.:thumb:
I think I'd move to Canada as well, so my OK dollars would be a little more than OK up there.