Quantcast

What ya do this w/e?????????????????????

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Me:

Sat:
Ran a 5K- "race for literacy" - it was only the 2nd time I ran this year (other was the start of the 24), it hurt...side stich.....so much pain :dead: I was 274th out of 740

Did a short but fast XC ride

Saw the Godsmack/Metallica concert -
Godsmack was great - I really want to see them headline, and I know theres a lot of Metallica haters but they F'ing kicked ass! best show I have seen in a long time - 2 1/4 hours long - oh, and I got a high five from Robert Trujillo (their newish bassist)

Sun:
Watched a local CycleCross race (I was thinking of racing but being I dont have a cx bike and my legs were trashed, I just watched a couple of the races)

Then I hit a pub and watched the giants kick some cowboy ass!!

and today my legs are still trashed :(

it was a damn good w/e :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Sounds like a good weekend. I would have loved to go to the Godsmack/Metalica show. I'm not much of a Metallica fan, but I really like Godsmack.

For me:
Saturday:
Got up early and hit the trails at 8am. Did a 4+ hour solo which kicked ass. My legs still feel like they weigh 80lbs each. I'm not sure what technically constitutes and epic ride... but that's definitely the closest I've ever been to one. Spent just uner 5 hours on the trails. It was awesome... stopped a couple of times to clear the trail, a couple of times for energy gells, and once to fix a flat (I ripped the stem out... not real sure how it happened, but...).

Afternoon was spent doing house stuff... putting together a desk and hooking up our computer, etc etc etc.

Sunday:
Spent the entire day at Paragon. Had a good group - 4 trucks and one ATV. We moved right along and ran some pretty cool trails. Pics will probably be posted tomorrow.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - this weekend kicked ass for me too!

Friday night - Pizza at Barb's in W. Hartford with my sons, then on to Maggie Moos for some ice cream. YUM.

Saturday morning - Connor's soccer game - he did great. Then Liam's soccer game - I coach this team. We came back from a 3-1 deficit at half time to win 4-3!!! The kids played awesome.

Saturday night - Black Tie Campaign Celebration. Laura and I had a blast. Great wine, great food, cool performances by UConn School of Fine Arts students, and dancing too. It was a spectacular night.

Sunday - Liam's hockey game. His team won 2-1 and he scored the first goal of the game on a 3/4 ice rush finished off with a nice shot to the short side that bet the goalie.

Sunday afternoon - rode my SS over to Lauras house. Showered there and then we went for a 3 mile walk into Collinsville where we had a late lunch/early dinner. Walk back to her place - chilled for a bit and then put the lights on and rode the SS back home.

Sunday evening - chillin with my pups before getting an early night's sleep.

My legs are tired from the riding and walking yesterday - but it is a really good tired feeling.

:)

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Saturday - Trail work then played DHD for a few hours then to work.
Sunday - Sleep in day, went for epic ride but forgot my climbing legs.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
Saturday:
Got up early and hit the trails at 8am. Did a 4+ hour solo which kicked ass. My legs still feel like they weigh 80lbs each. I'm not sure what technically constitutes and epic ride... but that's definitely the closest I've ever been to one. Spent just uner 5 hours on the trails. It was awesome... stopped a couple of times to clear the trail, a couple of times for energy gells, and once to fix a flat (I ripped the stem out... not real sure how it happened, but...).

wow - I would definitely say that was Epic !!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Friday night, chilled with some brews at T-blazer's shop with Treesaw and Squirrel, while greasey monkey rebuilt his fork. Saturday went to a par-tay and saw a bunch of peeps I hadn't seen in a while. Sunday did 2 rides with Hypnotic and a couple of his Montreal buddies, great times :thumb:

I wish Xerox had Columbus day off :(

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
douglas said:
Me:

Sat:
Ran a 5K- "race for literacy" - it was only the 2nd time I ran this year (other was the start of the 24), it hurt...side stich.....so much pain :dead: I was 274th out of 740

Did a short but fast XC ride

Saw the Godsmack/Metallica concert -
Godsmack was great - I really want to see them headline, and I know theres a lot of Metallica haters but they F'ing kicked ass! best show I have seen in a long time - 2 1/4 hours long - oh, and I got a high five from Robert Trujillo (their newish bassist)

Sun:
Watched a local CycleCross race (I was thinking of racing but being I dont have a cx bike and my legs were trashed, I just watched a couple of the races)

Then I hit a pub and watched the giants kick some cowboy ass!!

and today my legs are still trashed :(

it was a damn good w/e :D
Wow...congratulations on the run...I hope Godsmack tours on their own...they always put on a good show.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Over the weekend, I went to some bar and apparently there was some fraternity there having a party.

So I ordered all of my drinks on their tab. hahahaha, stupid frat jocks.

Although, to avoid getting caught I did have to pretend to be part of the frat during some points of the night. Which involved me yelling for no apparent reason.

Shouting out random last names, and high fiving random people.

By the time I left the bar I was so hammered. All for free!!!

Yay!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Friday night- drunk in San Luis Obispo
Saturday- rode the gnarliest of trails in SLO which shall remain unnamed
Saturday night- drunk in SLO, fooled around with a cute girl in a bar/club
Sunday- Santa Barbara to ride Tunnel and Cold Springs
Sunday night- home to Orange County

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Twas a long weekend for me. Although I didn't go to Interbike I spent the weekend in Vegas partying with some old friends from college.

We all arrived thursday getting a random call from another old friend who found out we were in Vegas. He now lives in Vegas and his fiancee is a manager at Harrahs. She hooked us up and comped everything for us. We partied like rock stars and never spent a dime except for tips. I can't remember a lot of what happened but the story should become more clear when the film starts to get developed. I took the red eye home last night but could not sleep at all, work is very painfull today.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Friday - chilled at T-Blazers with Echo, Greasey Monkey, T-Blazer & Squirrel. Picked up my new Sportworks rack and then kicked some arse at darts.

Saturday - family thing....hung out with the mother-in-law, visited some friends that I haven't seen in a while and then went over to a party with Squirrel, Echo, Zombie, Banjo-man, Tweek, Big Jake and a bunch of other non-monkeys. WAY too much food and I drank my 1st forty ever (Old English...yuck!).

Sunday - got up ultra early and went riding with Echo, Instigator, Tweek, E-Love, Gee Spot, Mtbkgrl, Sorge, Stuntmatty, Greasey Monkey, T-Blazer, Hypnotic and 2 of his friends at Spencer Park. Came home and had dinner with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend & kid.

Monday - slept in and picked some apples then drove home and am trying to figure out what to make for dinner.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Went and studied with a percussionist from Cuba. I have a lot of work to do now. Funny how I went from feeling good about being the #2 call for a conga player in Tulsa to feeling like a total amature :(

Oh well, I guess I needed a good "wake up" style challenge

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
El Jefe said:
Sunday- Santa Barbara to ride Tunnel and Cold Springs
Any tickets? ;)

Wish I could say the same. I haven't ridden in weeks, fuggin work!

Saturday visited DeLorme maps HQ outsite of Portland, ME and admired Eartha, the 1:1,000,000 scale, 42' diamter globe! Goddamn that was cool!
Then drove to Manchester, NH caught a plane to Pittsburgh, nearly missed my plane to Denver and ran at flat out top speed across the airport to catch a plane :dead: Then anoth plane to get back to SB.... at 10pm

Sunday I slept in, did laundry, went to work for a little while and then got drunk and ate pizza :oink:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
T-Pirate said:
Me too, hey at least they are cheap! I felt way ghetto. My brother goes to Miami Ohio, so I went up there and hung out with him for the weekend, then drove home last night. I didn't ride any though.
foties and blunts, kid, foties and blunts

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Fri: G/F's 30th b-day. Went to a local winery and got buzzed on Merlot.

Sat.: Sat on the 50yd line and watched North Carolina beat N.C. State in the best football game I've ever seen.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
ROAD TRIP! It was a blast...went to Big Bear...bastards had the lifts closed on Friday, so we didn't get to ride...they pretty much sat there (they being the resort employees) and watched us suit up in all our gear and get our bikes ready to roll before someone finally said no lifts were open...so we partied...then Saturday I watched our very own Tenille (doesn't post that often) win first place in the women's pro downhill and first place in the collegiate dh race...then we partied...and partied...and partied some more...I was harrassed all night for wearing a Nor Cal shirt in a So-Cal bar...I was just trying to form an alliance, but hey, I still didn't pay for a single drink! :D the ride home yesterday was a bit rough but all in all it was a great trip...oh and before we left the bay area Thursday night, I backed into a damn telephone pole and f'd up my nice new Sportworks Freerider/DH rack :mad:

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
T-Pirate said:
Yeah right, we straight up ripped the Plastic Fantastic, my brother's ghetto ass plastic bong. It doesn't even have a slide.
OMG that is illegal! My mommy told me smoking pot will make me a bad person! T-Pirate is going to become a street person because he smokes pot! You rebel. :blah:

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
The Kadvang said:
OMG that is illegal! My mommy told me smoking pot will make me a bad person! T-Pirate is going to become a street person because he smokes pot! You rebel. :blah:
Dude I'm in a hole....I'm trying to get off it, but its just hard. Gimme a break OMG you need to get off my back. LOL LOL JK I AM A STREET FOLK.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
dh girlie said:
ROAD TRIP! It was a blast...went to Big Bear...bastards had the lifts closed on Friday, so we didn't get to ride...they pretty much sat there (they being the resort employees) and watched us suit up in all our gear and get our bikes ready to roll before someone finally said no lifts were open...
There's these things called pedals. You stomp on them and you go. Even up hills. Its amazing. You should try it. If that's too hard you can actually push a bike. I've seen people do that too. Honest.

:p :D

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
T-Pirate said:
Dude I'm in a hole....I'm trying to get off it, but its just hard. Gimme a break OMG you need to get off my back. LOL LOL JK I AM A STREET FOLK.
Ummm duder you know that pot is a gateway drug rite. Soon you might be drinking that ALC and taking to those fast GIRLS and your life is OVER. I will own you in 20 years, cuz DRUGS make you a street person. This is the Thoughtful Pirate in +20:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
golgiaparatus said:
Went and studied with a percussionist from Cuba. I have a lot of work to do now. Funny how I went from feeling good about being the #2 call for a conga player in Tulsa to feeling like a total amature :(

Oh well, I guess I needed a good "wake up" style challenge
there are more than 2 conga players in tulsa? :eek: :D

friday: studied for my teaching course on saturday
saturday: teaching course, dropped out of teaching course, studied for exam on monday
sunday: studied alone, studied with other people, slept for 11 hours sunday night
monday: had exam (1st of the year! must study less next time :D), class, got tastebuds handed to me by a bottle of arrogant bastard ale. i may never finish that bottle, it is more man than i am :( hehe

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
saturday - celebrated my buddies 20th birthday in a good old drunken fashion.
sunday - visited my grandparents while still suffering the suicide inducing effects of a monumental hangover, and watched the F1 while still trying to supress my urge to puke.

no riding for me, next weekend maybe, depending on how much alcohol is consumed.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I really did not have a lot of work this weekend, which is rather amazing.

Friday: classes, short ride and lifted weights, then kicked it with some friends
Sat: sleep in, 3 hr ride in the afternoon and then got in a suit to go a dance. I ended up just getting schwasted with my friends and not going.
Sun: Watched my ex-girl's little sister in a sprint tri race, hung around with the ex and her family. Studied at night.
Mon: 1.5 hour ride, lifted weights and then studied Herodotus for the last few hours. Oh, and watched the Titans mercilessly beat the Packers

fri- drove from seattle to vancouver, BC, played video games due to rain.
sat- went to the Taking Back Sunday concert and went to the Black Sheep bikestore and chilled with my buddy, while he rebuilt my z.1
sun-rode street in vancouver, saw napolean dynamite .. again
mon- drove to whistler with my three friends and enjoyed the last day of the season.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
wooglin said:
There's these things called pedals. You stomp on them and you go. Even up hills. Its amazing. You should try it. If that's too hard you can actually push a bike. I've seen people do that too. Honest.

:p :D
I'll believe you when I see you pedal/push a 10 inch travel, 48 pound downhill bike up a downhill run...THEN I might consider it...you damn xc/roadie weenies...you have NO clue...SHEESH! Y'all should keep your traps shut till you've actually TRIED it...now go shave your legs and lube up with chamois butter! :D

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Friday: I drove for hours
Saturday: Poundcake, Fenceline, Coronary, River Run, Webs (3x), Dry Feet, West Branch, Border, etc. followed by many Rainbow Reds at the brewery. :drool:
Sunday: Sleep late, big breakfast at the St. J diner, drive to to the top of Burke Mtn, drive to Lake Willoughby, drive to Dog Mountain in St. J for a cookout at the Dog Chapel, dinner at the Pub Outback with many Rainbow Reds.
Monday: I drove for hours.

:D

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
Saturday : A bit hung from friday night, got up late, very late. Some cleanup at home and a bit of study. We left Montreal, Qc at 6pm. in direction of Rochester, NY. Got there around 1h15 AM.

Sunday : Went to ride with Echo and a bunch of Jackalopes in the morning. My buddies are used to race Raid so the 1hr ride was just their warm-up. We went to another place in the afternoon and had a good time on these trails. After a quick shower at Echo's, we went to eat a "Thanksgiving turkey cooking pratice" and had a few beer. Unfortunately, the ride (both in car and on the bike) just left us without energy so we went to sleep early.

We left monday morning at 9h AM and got to Montreal around 3h PM so the drive back was faster then we tought at first. Yeah, that gives about 1200km over the weekend.

Thanks to all the 'Lopes for the ride. Its was awesome!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
BikeGeek said:
Friday: I drove for hours
Saturday: Poundcake, Fenceline, Coronary, River Run, Webs (3x), Dry Feet, West Branch, Border, etc. followed by many Rainbow Reds at the brewery. :drool:
Sunday: Sleep late, big breakfast at the St. J diner, drive to to the top of Burke Mtn, drive to Lake Willoughby, drive to Dog Mountain in St. J for a cookout at the Dog Chapel, dinner at the Pub Outback with many Rainbow Reds.
Monday: I drove for hours.

:D
Tim!

You were at Kingdom?!!

We did the TOTAL on Sunday, all the usual, plus we added Old Web and a new one called Heaven's bench... sorry we missed ya, didn't know any monkeys would show up after all... :(

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:
I'll believe you when I see you pedal/push a 10 inch travel, 48 pound downhill bike up a downhill run...THEN I might consider it...you damn xc/roadie weenies...you have NO clue...SHEESH! Y'all should keep your traps shut till you've actually TRIED it :D

done it.....

once, in a foot of wet snow (ok that was 'just' a slalmon course)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Jozz said:
Tim!

You were at Kingdom?!!

We did the TOTAL on Sunday, all the usual, plus we added Old Web and a new one called Heaven's bench... sorry we missed ya, didn't know any monkeys would show up after all... :(
Dammit! I had no idea anyone would be there. I posted that I was going in a couple of different threads, but didn't hear from anyone. I should have posted at Allezy.net too. :(

I had to cut our ride short and take out a lot of the more challenging stuff. My wife just wasn't physically prepared for the trip. She only started riding offroad recently. We still had a heck of a ride though and it was great to be in the Kingdom with near-peak colors.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Toshi said:
there are more than 2 conga players in tulsa? :eek: :D
We have a fair amount of percussionists, many of them play congas and many other types of drums. There are, quite a few players here that play the reggae/trinidad style but they dont really get many calls to fill in or sit in because their style is so limited to reggae and very uninteresting in other settings.

Anyway, yes we have quite a few beginner conga players and some that have studied basic salsa styles but we only a few that have really studied the true Cuban, and south american styles, as for the fokloric stules (the origins)... there are only 3 people that I know of that have studied that stuff. No doubt though, I am in a very "small pond".