Quantcast

What ya do this w/e?????????????????????

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
dh girlie said:
I'll believe you when I see you pedal/push a 10 inch travel, 48 pound downhill bike up a downhill run...THEN I might consider it...you damn xc/roadie weenies...you have NO clue...SHEESH! Y'all should keep your traps shut till you've actually TRIED it...now go shave your legs and lube up with chamois butter! :D
About time you showed up. Do you commute on that 10 inch travel, 48 pound downhill bike, too? If you put a motor on it you could get up the hills and get to work on time.

:dancing:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Skookum said:
wow such a thing really exists? :think:
..... :dead:

Yes...it does indeed exist...a friend of mine was doing the King of the Hill at Big Bear one year and we were all in a condo together, and I'm sitting in the living room and he's getting ready for the race...he grabs a jar of Vaseline and takes a big scoop with his hand and sticks his hand in his shorts and was rubbin it all over his ass and I was like what the hell? And he said he had forgotten his chamois butter...so for the weekend I dubbed him Vaso-King.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
douglas said:
done it.....

once, in a foot of wet snow (ok that was 'just' a slalmon course)
Yeah, yeah whatever...typically, if you're on a REAL dh trail, you can barely walk it up or down...I'm telling you...you xc/roadie weenies need to ride a REAL dh bike on a REAL dh trail...it ain't just all fire roads like you'd like to think...AND it takes more bike handling skills than ANY xc ride...any of you dh'ers can jump in ANY time here...

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Yeah, yeah whatever...typically, if you're on a REAL dh trail, you can barely walk it up or down...I'm telling you...you xc/roadie weenies need to ride a REAL dh bike on a REAL dh trail...it ain't just all fire roads like you'd like to think...AND it takes more bike handling skills than ANY xc ride...any of you dh'ers can jump in ANY time here...

Ok lady - as an XC faggot, I am forced to go find pics of XC trails here. We don't need no stinking DH bikes and still ride some techy stuff. (well not me, but I am a big pansy)

Never mind - I got nothing.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
Ok lady - as an XC faggot, I am forced to go find pics of XC trails here. We don't need no stinking DH bikes and still ride some techy stuff. (well not me, but I am a big pansy)

Never mind - I got nothing.
I went through this with Joe Pozer a few years ago...as I said...ride a REAL dh trail and you will see what I mean...I yain't sayin xc is bad...I'm just sayin...all the non-dh'ers always open their traps before they see what its actually like...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:

Plattekill has no REAL trails.....news to me!

and Iron Horse has no REAL DH bikes......kinda weird!

and Honey....... I race XC and DH
"AND it takes more bike handling skills than ANY xc ride..." = WRONG!

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I went through this with Joe Pozer a few years ago...as I said...ride a REAL dh trail and you will see what I mean...I yain't sayin xc is bad...I'm just sayin...all the non-dh'ers always open their traps before they see what its actually like...

What's a real DH trail??? Are road gaps and 8 foot drops really part of it??? Do you bottom your suspension out??? Will you loan me your bike??? I'm only 5'3" so it should fit. :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
douglas said:
Plattekill has no REAL trails.....news to me!

and Iron Horse has no REAL DH bikes......kinda weird!

and Honey....... I race XC and DH
"AND it takes more bike handling skills than ANY xc ride..." = WRONG!
hmmm...whatever...I never said that Ironhorse has no real dh bikes, nor do I know what you have in your inventory, and I've never riden Plattekill, so I wouldn't be able say honestly whether or not it has any real trails, but I can safely assume so, ...I ride both xc and dh, and NO xc trail I've ever seen in the last 14 years in nor cal has been ANYWHERE as technical, nor required the bike handling skills that Northstar does...

on another note...how was llcoolj...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
What's a real DH trail??? Are road gaps and 8 foot drops really part of it??? Do you bottom your suspension out??? Will you loan me your bike??? I'm only 5'3" so it should fit. :D
Go to Northstar to see a 'real' dh trail...Road gaps and 8 foot drops aren't your typical xc ride...at least around here...but I suppose so if you wear tight spandex ANYTHING could be an xc trail...and no...you cannot ride my bike...

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I ride both xc and dh, and NO xc trail I've ever seen in the last 14 years in nor cal has been ANYWHERE as technical, nor required the bike handling skills that Northstar does...
I've seen N* pics and have to say that it looks less technical than taking a bath. Didn't walk all over the mountain last summer and didn't rent bikes there, but it looks like you can hit harder stuff on a golf course. :rolleyes:

*I'm just talking schit to make the day roll so ignore me more than usual today.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Go to Northstar to see a 'real' dh trail...Road gaps and 8 foot drops aren't your typical xc ride...at least around here...but I suppose so if you wear tight spandex ANYTHING could be an xc trail...and no...you cannot ride my bike...

Now you're just straight up hatin'. :nuts:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
I've seen N* pics and have to say that it looks less technical than taking a bath. Didn't walk all over the mountain last summer and didn't rent bikes there, but it looks like you can hit harder stuff on a golf course. :rolleyes:

*I'm just talking schit to make the day roll so ignore me more than usual today.

you don't scare me...and neither does Douglas...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:
hmmm...whatever...I never said that Ironhorse has no real dh bikes, nor do I know what you have in your inventory, and I've never riden Plattekill, so I wouldn't be able say honestly whether or not it has any real trails, but I can safely assume so, ...I ride both xc and dh, and NO xc trail I've ever seen in the last 14 years in nor cal has been ANYWHERE as technical, nor required the bike handling skills that Northstar does...

on another note...how was llcoolj...

he cancelled...supposedly cause his wife needed an operation but just maybe it had to do with hardly any tickets sold??

I have never been to norstar, so I can't compare it to Platty...but there is real trails there, Heck one time I saw Marla Streb crash on her race run - and shes pretty good at DH, you agree? :) thought so

Is DH normally more tech, yes but I have raced a couple XC races that were more tech/tougher than some of the DH races I've done
note: I race sport in both and have podiumed in both - does that make me a real DH'r or a real XC'r ?? ( not that I care, just curious) :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
douglas said:
he cancelled...supposedly cause his wife needed an operation but just maybe it had to do with hardly any tickets sold??

I have never been to norstar, so I can't compare it to Platty...but there is real trails there, Heck one time I saw Marla Streb crash on her race run - and shes pretty good at DH, you agree? :) thought so

Is DH normally more tech, yes but I have raced a couple XC races that were more tech/tougher than some of the DH races I've done
note: I race sport in both and have podiumed in both - does that make me a real DH'r or a real XC'r ?? ( not that I care, just curious) :D
No it makes you a jack of all trades a master of nothing! HAHAHAHA! I'm impressed with your resume, Douglas...racing is too nerve wracking for me, so props to anyone who does it.

Marla Streb sucks...she's old and washed up! JK...my trainer at the gym...she used to race pro XC, Shari Kain, anyway, when I last worked with her before she left to have a kid, we were talking about riding (yeah, right, even after having a kid she's gonna drop me) so she was saying something about having a riding clinic and I was like hey maybe you could call Marla and get her in on it...she thought it was a fantastic idea, so hopefully, it will pan out. I see her again next week, so I'm definitely gonna ask now that the race season is over.

That sucks about LL...I had a similar situation with Dokken and LA Guns...I think they sold 3 tickets...to me and the two people I was gonna go with...so they canceled it...

Oh and there is a really interesting documentary on VH1 right now about LL. You should try to catch it...I feel really old now that LL's been in the music scene 20 years...

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Marla Streb sucks...she's old and washed up! JK...my trainer at the gym...she used to race pro XC, Shari Kain, anyway, when I last worked with her before she left to have a kid, we were talking about riding (yeah, right, even after having a kid she's gonna drop me) so she was saying something about having a riding clinic and I was like hey maybe you could call Marla and get her in on it...she thought it was a fantastic idea, so hopefully, it will pan out. I see her again next week, so I'm definitely gonna ask now that the race season is over.

That sucks about LL...I had a similar situation with Dokken and LA Guns...I think they sold 3 tickets...to me and the two people I was gonna go with...so they canceled it...

Nice rambling up top.

bugger about dokken and la guns. That is 6 more tickets than they could sell here.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:
No it makes you a jack of all trades a master of nothing! HAHAHAHA! I'm impressed with your resume, Douglas...racing is too nerve wracking for me, so props to anyone who does it.

Oh and there is a really interesting documentary on VH1 right now about LL. You should try to catch it...I feel really old now that LL's been in the music scene 20 years...

thanks, after racing DH for 3 years I (finally) kicked some ass last year at Platty...I put A LOT of time/effort in to do so, so it was pretty damn cool to get on the top of the podium:D Not sure if I'll race DH again, if so I'd have to move up to expert=scary!!

A clinic w/Marla..damn that would rock!

I'll check that LL VH1 thing out

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
yes, thank you....I hate using punctuation but at least I don't use stupid childish things like OWN3D while being a grown up... :p (theres one you'll never live down)

ONE PHUCKING TIME

Now leave me alone. :mumble: