Quantcast

what's coming from rock shox...

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
It is possible, but they must be really tiny if they can hide compression and rebound adjusters just by camera angle.

Also, putting the knobs at a location inaccessible while riding is not great. We'll see...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You twiddle knobs in motion? Should be easily adjustable, you'll just havE to reach further.

Lots of clearance up at the top there...far more than the exposed stanchion. I'm still thinking 29x3.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Makes sense...the Roam wheels suggest it's a trail fork. Maybe this will replace the Revelation as the high end RS trail fork.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
full_1979640_10101610592516559_898541422_n_478675.jpg

Are these, in red circles, some kind of plugs which might cover some adjustment knobs/valve? Or these are just reflections?
Moreover, what are these rotors?

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Not too sure if you're making fun of me...

I meant the compression adjustment...especially for a trail fork. I agree the rebound is pretty much set and forget. The spring rate as well for that matter.

I like to play with the comp adjustment during a ride and I also like not having to dismount and crouch to access the dials.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

The fact that the bike in this pic has Hans Dampf tires on it makes me think it might be a little more than an XC fork. Not too many Shavers I know would run the HD's on their svelt XC sleds.

I really hope you are correct on this...would be a really frickin cool fork for my trail bike...i'd be a guinea pig on this one for sure.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Not too sure if you're making fun of me...

I meant the compression adjustment...especially for a trail fork. I agree the rebound is pretty much set and forget. The spring rate as well for that matter.

I like to play with the comp adjustment during a ride and I also like not having to dismount and crouch to access the dials.
i was, you didn't mention which knobs you like to play with while riding and i think every fork on the market with adjustable comp and rebound has one or the other down low.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
has anyone seen any travel numbers on these rumoring around? if that photo is max travel it really is a very very xc. I wonder if it will be a 29 only fork...

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
So is this product ENDURO or not?
Crap right its F&*#I$ Enduro the knobbies on that are so hardcore! Not to mention its inverted that means it is like a MX bike! 3 foot deep whoops at 40 mph no problem and 120 foot triples here I come in my XC lid!

I am gonna STARVA the **** out of it and get all the trails in my area shut down by lawyers that also STRAVA themselves on the same said illegal trails on private land.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Holy crap, that looks EXXXXPENSIVE!
$2000 dolaar forks on the way sometime soon...
Im going to guess retail at $1500.

Despite my hatred of single-crown USD forks, this, being carbon, may actually work. Magnesium lowers are damn light, but the only thing that's lighter is carbon and it's probably not as easy to make a real carbon "normal" fork, as the brake arch doesn't lend itself easily for a hollow carbon structure. The weight savings may not be huge, but structurally it can probably do what needs to be done via the shape and curves to prevent independent leg movement, getting around the inherent problem of clamping a crown to a circular leg. I think the actual gains may be slight and the cost of engineering an adequately stiff single crown USD has got to be astronomical, but if you pour enough money into it, you can make anything fly (like the space shuttle).

I was wondering what RS was going to do with all the pike-sales money. The pike has got to be one of the biggest money makers for RS in the last 10 years, if not of all time.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Crap right its F&*#I$ Enduro the knobbies on that are so hardcore! Not to mention its inverted that means it is like a MX bike! 3 foot deep whoops at 40 mph no problem and 120 foot triples here I come in my XC lid!

I am gonna STARVA the **** out of it and get all the trails in my area shut down by lawyers that also STRAVA themselves on the same said illegal trails on private land.
brother?

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
I was wondering what RS was going to do with all the pike-sales money. The pike has got to be one of the biggest money makers for RS in the last 10 years, if not of all time.
somethings gotta pay for all them brake recalls

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
i thought we already established that it was the $700 7spd dh grouppo?
I think they realized that they were going to sell exactly none of them as most people with a 10 speed cassette have figured out that 7 is less than 10 and no new drive-body would be required to subtract some gears. The same laws of subtraction can be applied to the old 9 speed stuff, and if there's anybody still running 8 speed, they can do it too.

The new fork pays for the brake recalls, and the new hub standard pays for the R&D on the 7 speed DH group.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Twisty too!

That was an inverted design though so..........oh wait
Funny you write that. After RayB's post I looked up info on that fork and started reading a thread on MTBR with you posting several long love notes about the fork.

http://forums.mtbr.com/maverick/maverick-duc-32-sucky-132064.html

I love this part:

I've been on one for a year now with no plans whatsoever to replace it. Someone brought up the twisting thing about the same time I got mine. Out of curiousity, I pedaled up a hill by my house, got to a full sprint downhill and slammed on the brake while watching the hub. It doesn't twist.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Braking no......

Drifting into rocks sideways while trying to hold a line.....hell yes :D

That fork was still pretty badass for what it was (like 2 ounces). If it had twisted less in that kind of situation, I'd probably still be riding it. Just like all inverted forks though....head on is all good, even superior. It's the other stuff.

Last edited: