Quantcast

Whistler Whistler Whistler *dancing in circles*

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
So friday night I will be jumping in my buddys land rover and sleeping while he drives us up to to whistler (ahh yah im spoiled i know). Its my friends Bday and he decided what better way to spend it then riding bikes in canadia. I am a Whistler virgin and this week is going to be HELL...

Kinda like the week leading up to your Bday when your dad tells you he got you a stripper cause your turning 16. :rofl: :rofl:

So I have seen a few videos or Aline and other trails, But really im going up there blind. I have people to show me around who will be there. And I know im going to come back a changed rider. I am sooo excited. Went to Seatac today to make sure I still knew how to catch some air (i do).

Is anyone going to be up there this coming weekend besides Ash (netguy)??

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
His B-Day and he's driving? Your an asshole. ;)

If your up there for a week, hit Squamish as well. Short trip down the road, local shop for map, scare yourself silly. Hmmm, it's shuttle though. Might have to make friends while your at whistler to grab another rider.

GmotoT

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Portland
I may be heading up this weekend as well for a friends bday.. wierd. Wont ride though.. since I tore part of my rotator cuff at Whistler last weekend (my first time there). :mumble:

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
im def up there this weekend... riding for a couple hours late saturday, then all day sunday and monday
i'll be on a silver iron horse dh pro, no graphics on it
boxxer race on the front- red helmet+ prob will have a helmet cam

we should ride

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
wait and 18 is usually the stripper bday.... i dunno what fam you grew up in but i didnt get something that good when i turned 16 ;)

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
3D. said:
Is Whistler fully melted-out yet?
The trail crew has been clearing it (most) all away. There are a few piles of the white stuff as well as some patches here and there. But, aside from some mud, the trails are in great shape.:love:

Mar 1, 2006
bonney lake
yeah it was prime up there over the weekend. unfortunately its supposed to rain all week so bring all your armor and a change of panties:love: ill be there friday morning untill sunday night with a friend of mine for his birthday (same guy Moto is talking about) we'll both be on demo 8's, one black with a 66rc and the other silver with a black travis and white wheels. see you there!

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
i'll be there (because i live there:) ) hopefully i'll have recovered by then and my finger hopefully isn't broken. If so, big guy on a DHR with a 40, say hello!

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Got the long weekend hooked up too! Silver Demo9/888/Gold swing arm. Probably be flying solo so I'd love to hook up with some peeps. Think I'll be staying at the CG...or in the parking lot.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Gtmoto how did you hurt your sholder? That sucks, few years ago I rebroke my colar bone 1st day, we were going to be there for the whole week to :(.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
DesuL said:
So friday night I will be jumping in my buddys land rover and sleeping while he drives us up to to whistler (ahh yah im spoiled i know). Its my friends Bday and he decided what better way to spend it then riding bikes in canadia. I am a Whistler virgin and this week is going to be HELL...

Kinda like the week leading up to your Bday when your dad tells you he got you a stripper cause your turning 16. :rofl: :rofl:

So I have seen a few videos or Aline and other trails, But really im going up there blind. I have people to show me around who will be there. And I know im going to come back a changed rider. I am sooo excited. Went to Seatac today to make sure I still knew how to catch some air (i do).

Is anyone going to be up there this coming weekend besides Ash (netguy)??
ill be there ill be leaving friday morning. if you wana ride just let me know ill be up for it.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
So far, the rain is holding off. Some showers last night, and then a couple of small sprinkles today. I rode the park yesterday. Aline and DM are still muddy in places, however trails like LowerJoyride, Clownshoes and Detroit RC are mint right now.

Aug 6, 2005
im trying to decide if i shld go memorial weekend, its my friends birthday and she wants me home....
plus its sopposed to be all wet and crap there, the 5 hr drive from seattle may not be worth it...
on the other hand, its whistler

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
ffonsok said:
wait and 18 is usually the stripper bday.... i dunno what fam you grew up in but i didnt get something that good when i turned 16 ;)
hahaha yeah for real
anyways..........
i'll be up there this weekend too!!!
can't wait, first time of the season!!!:) :) :)

GmotoT

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Portland
fuzzycatnuts said:
Gtmoto how did you hurt your sholder? That sucks, few years ago I rebroke my colar bone 1st day, we were going to be there for the whole week to :(.
Lets just say, I didnt brake check before the rock drop on A-line.. flat landed.. got bucked off... etc, etc...

It's feeling alot better... if I dont got to whistler this weekend, I may head to SST and do some "physical therapy" :)

scbiker06

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Washington
i'm going for sure... so many people are goin... it's gonna be soaked... so i dont know if i'll ride. i have a pass and a sprained foot. so yea. but i'll look for people.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Gtmoto you still able to ride then? My buddy did that and he was in serios pain and out for awhile. might see you out at sst!

R

richcreek

360 said:
i'll be there (because i live there:) ) hopefully i'll have recovered by then and my finger hopefully isn't broken. If so, big guy on a DHR with a 40, say hello!
you lucky bastard! :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Just got back. Its really a great time to be up there. Even though its kinda rainy, its keeping dust off the trails and the cool temps are nice when you've got the full-faced. The snow is pretty much melted on the lower mountain (at least they've done a great job clearing the trails), but the upper mountain probably won't be open for quite a while. Have fun!! I'll be up again in 2 weeks!!

GmotoT

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Portland
fuzzycatnuts said:
Gtmoto you still able to ride then? My buddy did that and he was in serios pain and out for awhile. might see you out at sst!
havent ridden since.. and ya.. its painful. I'll take my bike with me to SST if I go this weekend and see how it feels. If I can lift my bike to put it on top of my car, i'll ride.. :rolleyes: I'll probably pass on Whistler this weeked, i'd be tempted to ride. Maybe i'll come out and take pics at SST.

Josh

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
ffonsok said:
Well i got nothing good from the parents on either... But my point is... if your getting one at 16 then your gunna be ****ing STOKED!!!

Ill be on a black Giant STP hardtail with Junior t fork and Gold answer bars. Black fullface and so far blue goggles. Will be with someone with a Bullet and yadda yadda...

I dunno if sprint will let me use my phone too much up there withough bending me over, but I could/can try to send people IM's or maybe we could meet up somewhere during the day to catch some runs?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I'm headed up Friday afternoon!!! Be there riding Sat. & Sun.!!! w00t!! Look for the guy with a Brand Spankin' NEW Orange Rotec with an Avy and trip 8. :love: :love: Oh....and I'm big. Wife's comin' along too...I'll see if I can persuade her to participate in her inaugural lift serviced bike ride....:rolleyes: We'll see how that goes...she might be the one firmly planted in the medical building just waiting for me to be carted in...:dead:

Oh yeah...this will be my first time up there...so if anyone sees me looking lost...or ass-over-tea kettle somewhere, just smack the back of the helmet. I'll know...:help:

L8r,
Squirrel

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
well i just got the word today, i can't go.:mumble: . my rims/new wheel build will be here friday(the day i would leave) and i can pretty much tell ya that the bike shops won't have a full on tune up and new shifter instalation done by that night(friday). so sorry guys(cord) i can't show:redhot: . but.........as soon as school gets out(2-3weeks?) i will be up there that next weekend for sho!!!!!!

P.S. happy trails!

Sep 8, 2004
I'm planning on making a few trips as well. I've got two weeks off in the middle of july, I'll probably make two 3-or-4 day trips with a break in between, as well as a few 2-3 day trips from now until seasons end... hopefully!

-james.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
man this is the best day of my life!!! i came home from school today only to be greated by a huge box on my front porch........my new rim set is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doubletracks with blue hadley hubs front/rear and blue nipples:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ! so i'm not sure but i might be there???

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
I'm definitely going to be up there on Monday. I can't wait, its so bad the past couple of nights I've had dreams about it.
I'll be riding a silver Demo8 w/ Fox40 and complete Sram X.0 components.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Netguy,
Can you give another trail report?

I'm going to be up there Saturday and Sunday. It's supposed to rain a little, which is a bummer cause I've been looking forward to riding the trails with ladders. Seems like they're always closed or super sketchy when I go up there. I guess the rain follows me...