Quantcast

Whistler Whistler Whistler *dancing in circles*

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
It rained fairly hard on Wednesday, a couple of sprinkles on Thursday and it looks like the same for today also. Right now it looks like it wants to rain, so at most there will be couple of showers.

I rode the park yesterday and there are still puddles here and there, however besides that, everything is tacky. I rode both LowerJoyride and Clownshoes yesterday afternoon, and the ladders, were a tad damp, however not to greasy, so it was ok. Even if there is a little rain here and there, I think they will be in good shape for the weekend. Aline and DM are still muddy in places, however besides that, super sticky. Forcast calls for more sun than rain, so I think you will be in good shape.

If it starts bucketing down rain today, I will post.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Wednesday was awesome. great riding in the rain. Today is on and off...heading out for a bit now. I am almost hoping it does rain again haha

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
The wall has gone!

they ripped it out today and jammed the C-wall in its place, im gonna miss that thing.

fair bit of rain this afternoon, lots of slippy roots.

oh, lower angry pirate opened today, arrrh!

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
HOLY SH_TCOW wow.... what a blast...

Rode A line a fewtimes today and had a blast even with sketchy landings. (rider error) Went off the GLH drop and had a ton of speed, hit a rock and pinch flatted and ended up running into the aluminum barrier because brakes were not so functional:rofl:

Took a while fixing my flat since some rad ass female who lives up here was sitting on the logs. Just got back from drinks with her and her partner and lemme tell you. Canadian girls that ride downhill, kick ass and take names are good friends to have around.

Plus MoeJoes had a Wet Tshirt contest lastnight... I think the girls were confused because they didnt have shirts on :) :) I love this place.. Well time to go crash my ass out. Its been a long day and damn was it fun....

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Sounds like you are having the time of your life DesuL! I know--Whistler is my favorite place in the world. Sorry about your crash, but sounds like you are medicating it well with the beverages!

wildcard

Chimp
Jul 9, 2007
Whistler's a blast. It's not all that scary. I think the bears 20ft off the trails scared me the most. My bro looked back at me while I was riding past a momma bear and her 2 cubs, he said I was bug eyed and white as a ghost!! LOL. I was pedaling my ass off for sure!

Have fun!

Whistler's a blast. It's not all that scary. I think the bears 20ft off the trails scared me the most. My bro looked back at me while I was riding past a momma bear and her 2 cubs, he said I was bug eyed and white as a ghost!! LOL. I was pedaling my ass off for sure!

Have fun!
Fortunately some people have the sense to know why Whistler rocks - check out this thread (especially the first post) on the DH forum!

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184229

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Old threads don't die, they just wish they could die - yet they don't. They just get resurrected. I don't know where I'm going with this and I'm not flaming on anybody. Just thought I'd share some random thought of mine with the rest of you.

Carry on.:D

Apparently they have more bears than normal this year. I think we saw at least 8 different bears this past weekend. 2 or 3 were spotted walking across Devil's Club and we saw 2 on Crack Addict. Unfortunately I couldn't get my camera out in time for them. We saw one rider walking his bike past 2 bears at the bottom of Schleyer.

This is from the building at the middle of B-line and Schleyer.

This is from just above where you catch Garbonzo.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
I was talking with one of the people who watch over and care for the bears and they were silly excited about how many bears they had this year; more than any other year if they all (or most) live!