Quantcast

Whitetail (dirt) race

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
BigMike said:
It is kinda funny, the past two years there have been 5 races all season, this year there are double that! Having to choose between two good races sucks, but...... we should only be so lucky!

actually between Snowshoe, The MAc series, Plattekill, Diablo, and the Nationals there are like 25 races on the east coast all within 6 hours of almost everyone. . No where else in the country can beat that!!!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
teamkranzelbike said:
actually between Snowshoe, The MAc series, Plattekill, Diablo, and the Nationals there are like 25 races on the east coast all within 6 hours of almost everyone. . No where else in the country can beat that!!!

True....... I always forget to count Plattekill and Diablo, because they are reaaaaaaaalllly far away from Richmond :)

I was meaning the MAC and Nationals, there were 4 MAC Races and a national, thats waht I was going on.

I stand corrected

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
E.C. said:
Snow Shoe is such a pain in the a$$ to get to coupled with the fact that it is all but a rain forest, not a tough desision at all. Whitetail it is!!! That news makes me all warm and tingly.
Nice job Mike H!
Later E.C.
I'm sorry...which part of the est coast do you live in that is arid and dry during that part of the year???:rolleyes:

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
Actually Butch MD stays a little dryer, and is a little less greasy when things are wet. But the real reason to be excited about this race is the fact its being held and hour out of DC.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Msisle Dad said:
Actually Butch MD stays a little dryer, and is a little less greasy when things are wet. But the real reason to be excited about this race is the fact its being held and hour out of DC.
Again, another valid point. Proximity is certainly a plus!

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
Whitetail was such a great place. It was whitetail that got me hooked on DH. The Capitial Cup race and Mac series will be off the hook. Racers Edge and Reading Racing will be putting their best into these races. Look for fun,fast,sick courses with some great racing.

The Whitetail race will be big i can't imagine anything else. Whitetail drew people from Pa,NY,NJ,OH and all the Dirty South. I can't wait.

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
I think there are still too few races in the mid atlantic. I for one would be psyched to have to choose between two or more events every f_ing weekend. So what if there's a "scheduling conflict?" Mix it up a little, for chrissakes! I advocate every major city on the east coast having a dual slalom course in a municipal park, with races every week! Would people rather have one race per month in a season, so it'd be easier to plan? Puh-leese.:nopity:

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
i will be going to snowshoe, personally i just love everything about the place plus I'll already be up there because I'm doing this camp thing the week before.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
willpowa said:
I think there are still too few races in the mid atlantic. I for one would be psyched to have to choose between two or more events every f_ing weekend. So what if there's a "scheduling conflict?" Mix it up a little, for chrissakes! I advocate every major city on the east coast having a dual slalom course in a municipal park, with races every week! Would people rather have one race per month in a season, so it'd be easier to plan? Puh-leese.:nopity:
According to my calander, there are over 26 races in the mid-Atlantic region, from mid-May till early October. That's almost every weekend! My concern is how to convince the wife to let me go to all of them!:hot:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
RepoDemoRider said:
Also,they are taking out sport/beg class,so you can't sandbag!:help:

Look who's talking about sandbagging:love: Couldnt let that one slide. How you been? cant wait for the season to get started. Hope to see you a few times this year

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
the only thing i can say is snowshoe is paying really good money!!! THEY PAY YOU THE SAME DAY AS THE RACE,AT THE RACE!! IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!! YOU GET PAYED!!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
RepoDemoRider said:
You could have!How did your friend Rob recover from his Snowshoe
wuppin'?
He is doing good. I was talking to him last night about doing some shuttle runs soon

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
If Whitetail is a NORBA event, there is a 0% chance I'll do it. I won't buy another "annual" (5-month) license to do 1 or 2 races at most. Ever since they abandoned 1-day licenses for Expert, they have encouraged sandbagging in Sport.

Snowshoe offers 2 full days of riding for little more than the price of a 1-day trail/lift pass. It's a no-brainer in my opinion. I'll see you all at the 'shoe.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Sorry you feel that way - your loss will certainly be someone elses gain. To date, the MAC has raised over $50,000 in cash and prizes that will be awarded the day of

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
RepoDemoRider said:
No,he just doesn't like to get dirty!:nopity:
SS is a bigger and better mountain, but in case you didn't know, it has a spring inside of it, so every spring through mid summer it dumps a lot of water and becomes a mud pit expect under unusually dry weather conditions...

I love getting dirty, just prefer to race/ride in the dry when possible, so whitetail's the WUUURD

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Paris said:
SS is a bigger and better mountain, but in case you didn't know, it has a spring inside of it, so every spring through mid summer it dumps a lot of water and becomes a mud pit expect under unusually dry weather conditions...

I love getting dirty, just prefer to race/ride in the dry when possible, so whitetail's the WUUURD
I've only ever raced twice, and both times in the mud...so, lets get dirty.