Quantcast

***Why Not Wednesday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
GARBAGE PLATE!!

I actually did this very math a year or two back on Facebook, because I can't stand idiots who post idiotic videos (in this case of some Indian guru who was claiming that everyone could power their house with a bicycle on a generator, exactly this video's premise).

hung with my buddies that are professional growers
Are you hanging out with your professional show-er buddies tonight then, eh? Or is a professional grower a fluffer? Inquiring minds would like to know

As a side note I pay no penalty for late payments less than a week. I am actually better off paying my mortgage 6 days late and collecting the extra 6 days interest. This will net me a few hundred bucks over the life of a mortgage.
This is typical, and 6 days is actually short. 15-16 days is typical, as evidenced by people being mad when BoA effectively shortened it to 9 days by imposing a $6 on days 10-15.

http://www.consumeradvocates.org/media/news/b-redefines-‘grace-period’-new-fee

I think our very own Shared Skittles pointed this out to me in my own thread, when I lamented having to budget for two mortgage payments in a month due to Colorado's stupid public service payment law. By this law June work is paid on the first working day of July. They did this so that the first year that it was enacted they could claim they saved 1/12 of the public service workforce's costs even though it's purely an accounting trick.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Yes - but there's always something ELSE that gets in the way before or after... layovers are dedicated drinking time as far as I can tell.

And during? I'd probably have to sell my monacle if I want to pay airline prices for shitty booze. :D
BYOB

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yes - but there's always something ELSE that gets in the way before or after... layovers are dedicated drinking time as far as I can tell.

And during? I'd probably have to sell my monacle if I want to pay airline prices for shitty booze. :D
one thing I DO miss about flying 25-30 times a year was the random envelope from Southwest saying "hey, you're awesome! keep that shit up. here's a pile of free drink coupons.".

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

IME it’s cheaper on the plane than in the airport bars, although selection certainly suffers...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Before 9/11 restrictions, I used to fill my camelback with Vodka and get absolutely shithoused (in a maintenance sort of way) and drink 1/2-2/3 of a bottle between the states and Peru.
It was good times going through customs like that.
:rofl:
now you just have to bring the little bottles but they tell you not to open them, so you gotta be stealth

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Finally gave Thai Street Food a try. They're takeout only, call in order only (at least menu online), and cash only. They also randomly go on vacation and close the joint with no notice but a sign on the door. On the upside they're about half a mile from campus.

Their spice scale is calibrated way differently than most places! Their "nice-spice" drunken noodles (second from bottom level) is about Thai Medium at my usual joint. Tasty, but I fear that their "medium" panang curry (another level up) may kill me--haven't tried it yet.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Who turned the heat off? :think:
Cold, dark ride tonight, also a shakedown ride with a new drive train. 8 miles in 34F, some areas still damp from the rain last night, e13 cheese cassette didn't explode, I didn't die.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Before 9/11 restrictions, I used to fill my camelback with Vodka and get absolutely shithoused (in a maintenance sort of way) and drink 1/2-2/3 of a bottle between the states and Peru.
It was good times going through customs like that.
I used to roll with a nalgene bottle full of bourbon. After I got busted for stinking up the whole cabin with booze smell I moved to one with the sippy straw top.

Flying used to be so much more enjoyable.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So are you Director Stoney officially yet?
You're funny. I've been off all week. Who knows what I'm coming back to tomorrow. I know the new director wants to have a 1-1 with me, that's the best I've got.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Reverb seat post on the Transition totally shit the bed on tonight's ride. Temperature tonight was right around 32F and the post absolutely refused to raise. FTS. If only I had taken the time last night instead of riding, to mount the KS post I got on the weekend, I wouldn't have racked my knees trying to get up some of the climbs.

Anyone want to buy a Reverb? :busted: (insert kill it with fire meme here)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had a Pantheon Greek Salad (Famous Greek restaurant in Toronto) delivered to me in Buffalo. I am now at home and have it in the fridge. Will be visiting the Bongshed soon. Whiskey tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had a Pantheon Greek Salad (Famous Greek restaurant in Toronto) delivered to me in Buffalo. I am now at home and have it in the fridge. Will be visiting the Bongshed soon. Whiskey tonight.
A salad from the Danforth and no other food? Sounds like you already hit the bong shed. :busted:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Reverb seat post on the Transition totally shit the bed on tonight's ride. Temperature tonight was right around 32F and the post absolutely refused to raise. FTS. If only I had taken the time last night instead of riding, to mount the KS post I got on the weekend, I wouldn't have racked my knees trying to get up some of the climbs.

I also have a dead Reverb. I will send it to you for parts. I have failed in my repair efforts and give up on it. Never found it useful even when it kinda of worked....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

reverb's are notorious for poor cold weather performance.