Quantcast

Windrock is open.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
JeffD said:
Howzabout some play-by-play from this weekend? How's the new stuff ride?
Well since you asked...

Here's Ryan and Garrett showing how to hit the new "road gap".

The new free-ride trail Brian built...

Ben testing his new rig..

Joey rippin it...

The rebuilt 1st double...

and Josh gettin' some action.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
anybody choosing to just come for one day on the weekend to ride, would be highly advised to do so on sundays.

saturdays have been a madhouse up here all year long.
as more and more people start riding quads and other motorized vehicles here, saturday seems to be their day of choice.

we've been noticing that lately. as we've been building closer to or at our roadcrossings.

this past saturday was way more aggravating than enjoyable. as traffic up and down the paved road was about as bad as it gets up here. making shuttling risky for the truck owners.
and making our road crossings and exercise in threading the needle as you drop in on people who you can't even begin to trust with having the common sense to give you the 15-30seconds it takes for us to pass thru.

sundays are the exact opposite. as most of em. wake up too sore to move or are dragged off to church.

this should only be temporary as for the next few weeks a major access trail for them is shut down for grooming.
hopefully this re-opening will ease the paved road congestion.

also be advised that the a.t.v. club has a spring jamboree scheduled for april 19-20-21-22-23rd.

don't even think about coming up here then.
the trails will be closed down and extra barricades will be installed. you won't even be able to find a place to park or even get to the parking lot on those dates.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Also before you show up...

PLEASE secure your own shuttle. Locals can not be responsible for shuttling every Johnny come lately.

Froggy

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
New Fairfield, CT
Weekend of April 22nd a no go! Damn...I'm coming down to see the boys at Morewood and they were going to take this yankee to windrock...shoot...pump track, mini bikes and drinking instead.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I see me having to make a pit stop sometime in late april/early may.

How hot does it get down there?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
FYI...Bosch just called me and is bringing his bro Paul down next weekend to ride Pisgah and then Windrock Sat/Sun. I mentioned htat one of you guys would be willing to put him up for a night...any takers?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
FYI...Bosch just called me and is bringing his bro Paul down next weekend to ride Pisgah and then Windrock Sat/Sun. I mentioned htat one of you guys would be willing to put him up for a night...any takers?
I'll be last resort if reservations at Casa-de-Profro aren't available.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
The Orange Morewood of Mass Destruction just came from DHL, I am a happy camper. Gonna start the build here after I pull my pants back on...

Just looking at it, I have to say its the SH!T! The Morewood crew hooked a fat kid up good and proper. Hopefully I can cultivate a way into their DH group as well at the MTX grassroots.

Thanks Morewood, will let you know how she rides once I get it slapped together.

Oh yea, and let me know when I am bringing the thirsty keg to TN.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
Tell Todd to call me.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
motomike said:

damn. Nice job! Cool pics too. :thumb:
brian poston is the man responsible for giving you guys the new freeride area. give him all your thanks, he's earned it.

he learned a lot this year about building with flow.
the trail isn't quite complete yet, but soon will be.

the whole area down in there is going to be expanded over time into a larger freeride area.
but it's going to take $$$. good treated lumber and galvanized screws never gets any cheaper.
and we're not going to build with anything less.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
brian poston is the man responsible for giving you guys the new freeride area. give him all your thanks, he's earned it.

he learned a lot this year about building with flow.
the trail isn't quite complete yet, but soon will be.

the whole area down in there is going to be expanded over time into a larger freeride area.
but it's going to take $$$. good treated lumber and galvanized screws never gets any cheaper.
and we're not going to build with anything less.
That section is super fun! And now I have to choose between the spine:love: and Brian's section on every run:help: ! Oh, the quandry!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
it's amazing.
after all that work, creating new ways out and onto the jumpramp.
that the spine is still the favorite way out for me.
when you actually come of the spine, drop into that hole, hold that knife edge line (at speed !), rail that tight little inside off camber line...

it just doesn't get any better.