Quantcast

Windrock, TN 5/29....Who's game?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
this is hilarious to read....It's like Seth Enslow debating Evil Kneivel.
Young meathead with an active concussion debating the limping daredevil of yesteryear.... heh heh... :sneaky:
no daredevil here man.
most moves are carefully calculated.

it's just that it seems like this year more than ever as we hike through here during the week trying to keep things open. we find ourselves looking at tire tracks, and saying,"what were they thinking ?"

there's a beautiful skid mark in brians freeride trail.
it starts right before the s-turn ramp, continues all down the ramp until the 3/4 mark. and then goes right off the edge.
it's not like you're not eyeing that thing up looooong before you ride up on it.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Dang, skidding up the entire length of the FR trail takes some...uh...talent. I don't think I could do that if I tried.

Either way, I was never advocating going heavy on the back, just telling dude to go easy on the front. He DID pay $25 for something after all.

And Butch - the concussion isn't so active that I can't remember the $2 you owe me. :)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
dhbuilder said:
how's the new fork treatin ya jeremy ?
The new fork is absolutely awesome.
The travel is very smooth and it holds itself up in its travel very well.
Plus, it just tracks the ground very well and it is stiff.
My whole bike is actually working great.
Now if I can get healed up, I'll be good to go.
I went out yesterday in the 93 degree heat to do a trailride after work.
I just went to work the soreness out of my ankle, so I threw on flat pedals and was gonna take it easy.
Anyway, on the hottest day of the year so far, I left my gloves at home.:dead:
So about 3 miles in, I pinned this little DH section and hopped over this tricky root section, somrthing hit my back wheel and knocked me off line, and when I went to correct it my hand comes flying off the bar and I put my shoulder square into a tree. I heard a loud crunch, and I could not breathe well for a few minutes.
I finished my ride and I'll be damned, my ankle does not hurt anymore.:clue:
Maybe it is because my shoulder feels like Sally Struthers is standing on it wearing 5 inch heels.:mumble:
Ha, sorry, you just asked a question about a fork and I gave you a ride report.:)

mtnbiker66

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
In a van down by the river.
Jeremy R said:
The new fork is absolutely awesome.
The travel is very smooth and it holds itself up in its very well.
Plus, it just tracks the ground very well and it is stiff.
My whole bike is actually working great.
Now if I can get healed up, I'll be good to go.
I went out yesterday in the 93 degree heat to do a trailride after work.
I just went to work the soreness out of my ankle, so I threw on flat pedals and was gonna take it easy.
Anyway, on the hottest day of the year so far, I left my gloves at home.:dead:
So about 3 miles in, I pinned this little DH section and hopped over this tricky root section, somrthing hit my back wheel and knocked me off line, and when I went to correct it my hand comes flying off the bar and I put my shoulder square into a tree. I heard a loud crunch, and I could not breathe well for a few minutes.
I finished my ride and I'll be damned, my ankle does not hurt anymore.:clue:
Maybe it is because my shoulder feels like Sally Struthers is standing on it wearing 5 inch heels.:mumble:
Ha, sorry, you just asked a question about a fork and I gave you a ride report.:)
I was gonna' ask you how that new for was but I guess I don't need to now.:)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ride reports are always acceptable. they just need to have a better ending that that one.
sorry about your get-off. been there.(recently)

the first thing terry told me after he installed his 40 was the stiffness and better tracking that it had. he noticed that before even thinking about the suspension aspect of it.

heal.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Hey Joey...was actually just taking a cheap shot at Jeff's concussion. It must have been having effects on him in weird ways b/c at every store we stopped at on the ride home I offered to buy his grub, drink,whatever and he'd say...Nah, just get it next time.

I heard he had a hematoma too...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
actually, limping daredevil was pretty funny.

i thought he might have suffered some kind of head injury when he was talkin about $$$ and crossing the line at some b.m.x. track.