Quantcast

WISP race series and freeride/downhill park

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Woody, I thought you were going to Walnard's. Get your ass out of the house, it's freakin' beautiful out!

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
Anyone have more info on the race series they are having. Format? Events? All of the dates seem to be on fridays, does that mean that the actual race is on friday, or are the events all weekend and just start on friday?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
A friend of mine just moved up there. His dad is now in charge of the place I think. From what I have heard there might be some good things coming for Wisp. I am going to try and get a trip in there sometime this summer.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
denjen said:
A friend of mine just moved up there. His dad is now in charge of the place I think. From what I have heard there might be some good things coming for Wisp. I am going to try and get a trip in there sometime this summer.

Mikey?

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Last year was pretty....iffy. But hopefully that paragraph on the website has some truth to it. I REALLY hope they put some stunts/tech section/jumps etc. into some of those trails. Its only a 45 minute drive from my local town (Morgantown WV). I would definitely be getting a season pass. My friend and are gonna head up on opening day. Ill report back on how it is :)

rekdog

Chimp
May 13, 2004
Your Mom's House
Hey Monkey's

The dates for the Wisp Race Series are as follows:

Sat May 27th
Sat July 15th
Sat Aug 5th
Sat Sept 16th (Finals)

All Races are NORBA sanctioned and Pro Class is 100% payback

The dates posted last week are wrong except for the May date

The Entry Fees Are As Follows:

DH $35
MTX $20 (New Course)
Both Events $50

Look For More Info On www.wispresort.com later this month.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
rekdog said:
me and valdouche are building some shizzle at wisp fo yo arses. Any help from you all is needed. I will post some work days. Work days = free riding.
Me and my friend are DEFINITELY looking to help build at wisp. The free riding is an awesome bonus (we talking a free season pass there). Just PM me with any information on build days. Or post it here :)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
metalMTB said:
except for the part where you could work on your bike, change a flat, and still have time to spare on the lift ride up...
yeah, the lift is rather slow...forgot about that...

The xc side of the moutain was a lot of fun, but the trails were poorly marked,so it made it a bit of a long day, and in the sun, it got hot real quick.

Wisp was REALLY fun! I rode there ALL day today. I did all the courses on my hardtail (except the triple diamonds...I tried one section of it and its just not possible). If anyone wants to meet up there for a ride I am very flexible. I live 30ish minutes away in Frostburg MD and am looking for people who ride. It gets boring in my little town over the summer and some riding buddies would be great. Even though I am a girl I can hold my own I think...but do remember I am on a hard tale, but am willing to try just about anything!
Other than that....awesome! OH and it is MORE than awesome now that it is dry. On saturday for the race it was saturated (hehe funny word) but now it is wonderful.
Also...would anyone have any advice on getting this girl a dual suspension for not so much money but could hold up on these trails? any advice would be great!

Hooj Choons

Chimp
Apr 24, 2006
Reopened...for now.
Are the other trails as "tame" as the race course was? If so I may consider coming up sometime soon as there isn't a race until the end of next month and since I have a season pass now I might as well see what else they have.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Finally got some email back from Wisp.

Pics should be on the Wisp site sometime today or tomorrow.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV

Yup, fat can almost get off the ground.

I wish they had the shot of me eating the ground on the step up though.

Sunnerbeanmtb,

Here's what I got:

- 02 Azonic Eliminator Frameset (size 15.5, Fox Vanilla RC Shock..new front end)

- 03 Azonic Recoil Frameset (same size, Romic Shock, like new)

- 05 Ironhorse 7.7 Frameset (Size Med, 5th Element 5-way Shock, like new)

All frames come with extras, IE: hubs/83mm BB for the 150mm rear end bikes, headset for the 1.5 headtube (7.7), MRP's, seatposts, etc etc etc.

PM if interested or need pics.

KD1569
Cyclist

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
Post the results from the 1st race, and also post some more pics if you got them. I am thinking about heading there for a race, or a day of riding, not sure when though.

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
Somebody please unconfuse me -- the Wisp site says "Please note: Disc Golf Course & Mountainbike Trails & Park Closed Fri - Sun for GNCC Races." under the Mountainbiking rates. To me, this reads closed every and all weekends.
Or is it just the race weekends? And the RH races are on Satudays, so what about Sundays? Or is this just on GNCC Race weekends - whatever a GNCC race is?

Lost in the translation.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Does anyone know if you have to make every race to be in the points for the season? I am missing the next one to go to the Nationals in CA, wanted to see if I am out of the game if I miss one.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
can someone post up on how this place compairs to Snowshoe, Diablo, Plattekill, etc?

How much vert? Lift time? Pictures other than the pics above?

Basically, would you go to Wisp or Plattekill?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
The lift is slow, the vert is minimal. But it is entertaining and the beer was cheap.